New Spring Pick Changes (A Division)

I Run Trains

Don't Know it this was posted anywhere but Theres about to be a little shake up in weekend service no the (2)(3)(4) and (5) Lines.

First off, The “New” South Ferry Terminal Reopens on June 25, 2017  (1) line service will resume going into South Ferry

The Clark Street Tube “Fix and Fortify” Project will commence on or about 

June 25, 2017. 
The project will cover approximately 52 WEEKENDS and the following changes will take place during the work:

(2) Line: 241 to Flatbush
via Lexington Avenue Express, Brooklyn Local - ALL TIMES. 

(3) Line: Lenox to 14th 
via 7th Avenue Express

(4) Line: Woodlawn to New Lots 
via Lexington Avenue Express and Brooklyn Express to Franklin Avenue (Days and Evenings) via Local During Late Nights

(5) Line: Dyre to South Ferry 
via 7th Avenue / Bway Express to 
34th Street - Days
via 7th Avenue / Bway Local - Nights.

Brace Yourself for weekend hell!

I sure will brace myself.  You just reminded me NOT to use the subway at all under any circumstances, and of late I've had no reason to, but now I have another excuse not to.  :D

I just don't understand why they Confuse passengers Like that! why run the (2) over the (5) and the (5) over the (2).

You figure they would Just run the (5) to Brooklyn and the (2) to South Ferry!!! but like we say! "if it makes Sense, IT AINT THE TRANSIT WAY!!"

I just don't understand why they Confuse passengers Like that! why run the (2) over the (5) and the (5) over the (2).

You figure they would Just run the (5) to Brooklyn and the (2) to South Ferry!!! but like we say! "if it makes Sense, IT AINT THE TRANSIT WAY!!"

The thing is I find the (2) to be awful on weekends as it is and often packed.  The (5) is usually knocked out too most of the time, so this will definitely be one big **** show to say the least.  Quite frankly, for short distances within Manhattan on weekends, if there are no parades taking place, throw on BusTime and you're likely getting to where you need to faster than the subway.  I can get from Midtown to the Upper East (~86th street) sometimes in 10-15 minutes on weekends.

I think internally, (2) crews will be going to Flatbush and (5) crews to South Ferry. Signage, however will have the (5) running to Wakefield and the (2) to South Ferry.

I think internally, (2) crews will be going to Flatbush and (5) crews to South Ferry. Signage, however will have the (5) running to Wakefield and the (2) to South Ferry.

Negative! (5) Crews Start at Dyre and go on the West side and (2) crews start at 241 or Flatbush going over the East side!

Negative! (5) Crews Start at Dyre and go on the West side and (2) crews start at 241 or Flatbush going over the East side!

That's what I meant, but the actual signage on trains won't reflect that, which is why I said "internally". So, we're on the same track.

No need to panic. Keep it plain and simple.

For the upcoming 52 weekend G.O on the Clark St tube the following will happened:

(5) trains -241st to Flatbush via Lexington Ave

(2) trains- Dyre Ave to SouthFerry via 7th Ave/Broadway.

Trying to explain crew and signage changes to the public will only confuse them more....

No need to panic. Keep it plain and simple.

For the upcoming 52 weekend G.O on the Clark St tube the following will happened:

(5) trains -241st to Flatbush via Lexington Ave

(2) trains- Dyre Ave to SouthFerry via 7th Ave/Broadway.

Trying to explain crew and signage changes to the public will only confuse them more....

telling that whole make sense but the reality of it, you know that will never work!

you know when you tell passengers one thing or a easier way, they tend to stick to what they know GET LOST AND CURSE US OUT LOL!

Don't Know it this was posted anywhere but Theres about to be a little shake up in weekend service no the (2)(3)(4) and (5) Lines.

First off, The “New” South Ferry Terminal Reopens on June 25, 2017  (1) line service will resume going into South Ferry

The Clark Street Tube “Fix and Fortify” Project will commence on or about 

June 25, 2017. 

The project will cover approximately 52 WEEKENDS and the following changes will take place during the work:

(2) Line: 241 to Flatbush

via Lexington Avenue Express, Brooklyn Local - ALL TIMES. 

(3) Line: Lenox to 14th 

via 7th Avenue Express

(4) Line: Woodlawn to New Lots 

via Lexington Avenue Express and Brooklyn Express to Franklin Avenue (Days and Evenings) via Local During Late Nights

(5) Line: Dyre to South Ferry 

via 7th Avenue / Bway Express to 

34th Street - Days

via 7th Avenue / Bway Local - Nights.

Brace Yourself for weekend hell!

I was literally ready to ask about the next pick after I saw a bunch of bid sheets hung up near the crew office window at Pelham Bay yesterday...

By the way, what would happen on a weekend where WTC-related work takes place and they can't run anything towards South Ferry?

I can assume no (3) service. (1) service truncated to 14th Street running Express with (5) service running to Chambers.

NO.. (3) to 14 st. (1) & (5) to south Ferry

I was literally ready to ask about the next pick after I saw a bunch of bid sheets hung up near the crew office window at Pelham Bay yesterday...

By the way, what would happen on a weekend where WTC-related work takes place and they can't run anything towards South Ferry?

Every Time in on the (1) and i go pass there, it look like they aint even ready to start on that station! But you know crazier things has happened on these rails!

Thanks for the update Shondrae. It's good to know when these long-term service changes will take place. Of course, it'd be really nice if they put this on the website so people don't get blindsided by this at the last minute. Then again, MTA and proper communications go together like oil and water.

On the subject of these major service changes, I believe they will be the same as they have been every weekend the Clark St tunnels have been closed since the island platform at South Ferry opened in '09: internally, they will be labelled as (5) trains via 7th Avenue and (2) trains via Lexington. The service change notices and the train's signage and announcements will treat these as (2) trains from Dyre to South Ferry and (5) trains from 241 Street to Flatbush Av. There is absolutely nothing gained from deviating from this already established pattern. Here's to hoping they fix the error on IRT real-time feeds to show the trains as they are signed.

Don't mean to go off-topic but are there any weekday changes on the A Division?

*Example: on the 5 schedule, there are selected trains that depart Flatbush Av to Nereid Av-238 St but, during 8PM in Manhattan, there are trains that terminate there.

Thanks for the update Shondrae. It's good to know when these long-term service changes will take place. Of course, it'd be really nice if they put this on the website so people don't get blindsided by this at the last minute. Then again, MTA and proper communications go together like oil and water.

On the subject of these major service changes, I believe they will be the same as they have been every weekend the Clark St tunnels have been closed since the island platform at South Ferry opened in '09: internally, they will be labelled as (5) trains via 7th Avenue and (2) trains via Lexington. The service change notices and the train's signage and announcements will treat these as (2) trains from Dyre to South Ferry and (5) trains from 241 Street to Flatbush Av. There is absolutely nothing gained from deviating from this already established pattern. Here's to hoping they fix the error on IRT real-time feeds to show the trains as they are signed.

I'm confused by this part of the topic. Are you saying that the trains I'll see will say (2) on Lexington and (5) on Broadway-7th, or are you saying that the crews running this modified (2) on Broadway-7th will actually be the crews that normally run (5) on Lexington and vice versa?

As far as I know, there will be no more such weekends until Clark is done.

I'm confused by this part of the topic. Are you saying that the trains I'll see will say (2) on Lexington and (5) on Broadway-7th, or are you saying that the crews running this modified (2) on Broadway-7th will actually be the crews that normally run (5) on Lexington and vice versa?

(2) trains, crews, and schedules will run via Lexington Av, displaying (5) signs and going to 241.

(5) trains, crews, and schedules will run via 7th Av, displaying (2) signs and going to Dyre.

This is the same service plan as was in effect last weekend (just serving South Ferry)

Archived