Incorrect destination signs

Q43LTD

On 8/20/2020 at 7:48 PM, Q43LTD said:

On the Queens bus map notes, the Q45 ended at Juniper Valley. Looking at a map, it's the Elmhurst-Middle Village border. 

Yeah, this has been a thing since at least the mid-2000s maps (when the PBLs were absorbed into MTA).  No idea why, though.  Juniper Valley Park is one thing, but "Juniper Valley"? That name hasn't been used to describe any neighborhood there since at least the 1950s.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

uggh! the B6 destination sign specifically has infuriated me since childhood.

imo two routes' destination signs that need to get their s**t together: the B12 & B25. can we just get a uniform code since they both end at the Alabama (J)... a la the B103 & Q35? oh, speaking of that area, can the B11 sign get on board with the Q35 & B103 please? another thing (maybe I'm nitpicking) the B26/38/41/52/103 need to pick either downtown Brooklyn ÷ tillary or downtown Brooklyn ÷ cadman plaza... OR a combination of both, similar to the Q31 Bayside sign reading:

first sign: Downtown Brooklyn (or DNTWN BKLYN) 

then: Cadman Plaza ÷ Tillary Street

might be overkill, database wise. 

imo both the B14 & B17 should display Crown Heights (or CROWN HTS) then, Utica Av Sta ÷ Eastern Pky

imo the B64, B68 & B82 should display Coney Island ÷ Stillwell Terminal

Unlike what the MTA's doing with the M14 with the whole "West side" BS, to be perfectly honest, displaying "East New York" on the destination signs of these buses may not be the MTA's fault.... East New York is far too encompassing (FFS, routes from as far west as the B12 & as far east as the Q7 (and the Q8 short turns) display "East New York" on the signage)... I can't say without doubt, what actual sub-neighborhood/enclave that area around ENY Depot & B'way Junction is in....

What I can say about the B25's signage is that it's a result of laziness/antiquation - the last EB stop actually used to be at B'way Junction (near corner of Fulton/Van Sinderen) - although buses used to swing down to ENY av to turnaround for the return WB trip.... In other words, a connection b/w the B12 & B25 wasn't always the case (even though the old B25 schedules would list having a connection to the B12 - speaking of infuriation).... Up until whenever they decided to actually have B25's terminating at Alabama av (J), they never removed the "Broadway Junction" signage from off the B25 after all that time... As you know, Broadway Junction does not encapsulate Alabama av (J)... As a Brooklynite, I tend to get peeved when people call ENY/Alabama av Broadway Junction (also)....

Scary how you mention the B11/B103/Q35, because I was going to bring that up last night, after I came back from fanning the B11 & the Q35... Thought of this thread & was like, why is the B103 so descriptive & the B11 is like "Midwood - Flatbush av"... Lol.... Then you have the B99 that got MIDWOOD in big ass letters & shit :lol:, and in the next frame it says Nostrand av - Avenue H.... The B103 short turn is one of the few short turn destination signs that isn't some brief one liner that simply states what cross street the bus ends at (like "B12 New York av", for example).....

The Cadman Plaza routes... IDK, I would just have all of those routes displaying Downtown Brooklyn - Cadman Plaza in the first frame, and in the second frame, display two "via's" - one for the main street of operation (aside from within Downtown Brooklyn) & the other for the main street of operation within Downtown Brooklyn.... I would get rid of the Tillary shit... So for example:

• B41: Downtown Bklyn - Cadman Plz || via Flatbush, via Livingston|| (for Limited trips, it would just denote that in a separate frame)
  • B52: Downtown Bklyn - Cadman Plz || via Gates , via Fulton
  • B103 Dntwn Bklyn - Cadman Plz || Limited || via Av M / Av H, via Livingston
  • (no, the B25 short turn trips wouldn't say "via Fulton" twice... Lol)

As far as Mermaid Loop, yeah, all 4 of those routes (you forgot the B74 btw) should say just that....

8 hours ago, Q43LTD said:

How about the M35 and 103. Terminate in the same area, but say Harlem and East Harlem respectively?

Although why I get they'd display Harlem for the M35, yeah, all that shit (M15, M35, M100, M103) is East Harlem.

8 hours ago, Q43LTD said:

The M104 and Bx15 should say Manhattanville not West Harlem like the placards do

How far north & south does West Harlem pan anyway?

1 hour ago, B35 via Church said:

How far north & south does West Harlem pan anyway?

This is according to Wikipedia:

West Harlem (Manhattanville and Hamilton Heights) comprises Manhattan Community District 9 and does not form part of Harlem proper. The two neighborhoods' area is bounded by Cathedral Parkway/110th Street on the south; 155th Street on the north; Manhattan/Morningside Ave/St. Nicholas/Bradhurst/Edgecombe Avenues on the east; and Riverside Park/the Hudson River on the west. Manhattanville begins at roughly 123rd Street and extends northward to 135th Street. The northernmost section of West Harlem is Hamilton Heights.

Should the B36 say Sea Gate, instead of Coney Island 37 St?

1 hour ago, Q43LTD said:

This is according to Wikipedia:

"West Harlem (Manhattanville and Hamilton Heights) comprises Manhattan Community District 9 and does not form part of Harlem proper. The two neighborhoods' area is bounded by Cathedral Parkway/110th Street on the south; 155th Street on the north; Manhattan/Morningside Ave/St. Nicholas/Bradhurst/Edgecombe Avenues on the east; and Riverside Park/the Hudson River on the west. Manhattanville begins at roughly 123rd Street and extends northward to 135th Street. The northernmost section of West Harlem is Hamilton Heights."

...and the south?

It's not your fault obviously, but this excerpt is either incomplete or is sending a mixed message....  West Harlem's area can not be bounded by W. 110th to the south, if the southern-most boundary of the southern-most neighborhood they list (Manhattanville) is around 123rd... W. 110th is not Manhattanville, that's Morningside Heights.... That is exactly why I asked what encompasses West Harlem to the north & south.

To your original suggestion though, while I'm personally unbothered by the Bx15 & M104's signage reading West Harlem, it is specifically in Manhattanville....

1 hour ago, Q43LTD said:

AFAIC, no...

1 hour ago, Q43LTD said:

That is a question I've always had. Sea Gate refers to the private community west of the bus terminal, yet it also roughly refers to the area slightly east of there (I'm guessing, so as to not confuse it with the "main" part of Coney Island e.g. subway terminal, beach & boardwalk). I understand why the B74 says it (since it terminates in both of those areas) but should the B36? I'm not exactly sure. At least, it's clearly more acceptable to have the B36 display its destination as "Coney Island" since it runs to Sheepshead Bay and the area is still not technically "Sea Gate," I guess.

Just now, Bay Ridge Express said:

That is a question I've always had. Sea Gate refers to the private community west of the bus terminal, yet it also roughly refers to the area slightly east of there (I'm guessing, so as to not confuse it with the "main" part of Coney Island e.g. subway terminal, beach & boardwalk). I understand why the B74 says it (since it terminates in both of those areas) but should the B36? I'm not exactly sure. At least, it's clearly more acceptable to have the B36 display its destination as "Coney Island" since it runs to Sheepshead Bay and the area is still not technically "Sea Gate," I guess.

What part of Sea Gate pans east of W. 37th? Anyway, the B74 only has one terminal, and that's the subway station.

3 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

for example:

• B41: Downtown Bklyn - Cadman Plz || via Flatbush, via Livingston|| (for Limited trips, it would just denote that in a separate frame)
  • B52: Downtown Bklyn - Cadman Plz || via Gates , via Fulton
  • B103 Dntwn Bklyn - Cadman Plz || Limited || via Av M / Av H, via Livingston

i agree wholeheartedly. very clean & concise. 

The B103 short turn is one of the few short turn destination signs that isn't some brief one liner that simply states what cross street the bus ends at

i openly laughed out loud at this, because that is truest statement I've read today. aside from the B15 spring creek short sign, the Q41/60 Jamaica - Archer avenue short sign or the B83 spring creek towers... can't think of any others. the 103 was done perfectly. btw i didn't include the Q8 east ny "short sign" because that'll always be the terminal in my mind. the gateway mall thing is a branch/extension imo. i didn't quote the whole paragraph, but your point re: the B11 and the B99 (which i DID forget) is spot on. i consider the B41 NOSTRAND AV & the B44 FLATBUSH AV short signs a tad on the lazy side as well. 

4 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

As far as Mermaid Loop (you forgot the B74 btw)

lol i didn't forget about the 74. honestly, i omitted it while trying to concoct a destination sign that "properly" describes what the line does, although i wouldn't mind terribly if it simply said "stillwell terminal".

What part of Sea Gate pans east of W. 37th? Anyway, the B74 only has one terminal, and that's the subway station.

There is a second B74 code for Sea Gate ("B74 SEA GATE W 37 ST" on RTSes) which I have seen used occasionally

IMG01261.jpg

As for what the main sign should say, this is the one time you can get away with a San Fransisco/Toronto style sign IMO.

B74 SEA GATE

to Stillwell Terminal

Edited by Around the Horn

4 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

I can't say without doubt, what actual sub-neighborhood/enclave that area around ENY Depot & B'way Junction is in

gotta be honest, my whole life I've operated under the knowledge that Broadway Junction WAS the actual east ny sub-neighborhood name. i can't clearly remember if the B40's sign displayed liberty av - Pennsylvania av as Broadway junction or east ny, but my borders for east ny were always considered Pennsylvania Avenue to the west Atlantic Avenue to the north, cozine to the south & crescent to the east. forbell/lincoln/drew/grant/elderts = city line imo 😂

2 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

There is a second B74 code for Sea Gate ("B74 SEA GATE W 37 ST" on RTSes) which I have seen used occasionally

I knew about the code, but are there really B74's terminating with the B36 currently/anymore? I haven't known of buses doing that in ages....

How old is your photo there?

--------------------------------

side note: RIP, RTS :(

2 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

i agree wholeheartedly. very clean & concise. 

i openly laughed out loud at this, because that is truest statement I've read today. aside from the B15 spring creek short sign, the Q41/60 Jamaica - Archer avenue short sign or the B83 spring creek towers... can't think of any others. the 103 was done perfectly. btw i didn't include the Q8 east ny "short sign" because that'll always be the terminal in my mind. the gateway mall thing is a branch/extension imo. i didn't quote the whole paragraph, but your point re: the B11 and the B99 (which i DID forget) is spot on. i consider the B41 NOSTRAND AV & the B44 FLATBUSH AV short signs a tad on the lazy side as well. 

lol i didn't forget about the 74. honestly, i omitted it while trying to concoct a destination sign that "properly" describes what the line does, although i wouldn't mind terribly if it simply said "stillwell terminal".

Gotta love the short turn signages of the north-south Manhattan routes; the numbered streets in large letters & what not (M101 has a couple of em).... This was a good while back (around the late 90's/early 2000's), but I'm trying to remember the route that had one of those one-liners, that was also in a small ass font (smaller than normal at the time).... It was a Queens route....

As far as the B74, I wouldn't do anything special, outside of having it say Coney Island - Stillwell Term.

3 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

gotta be honest, my whole life I've operated under the knowledge that Broadway Junction WAS the actual east ny sub-neighborhood name. i can't clearly remember if the B40's sign displayed liberty av - Pennsylvania av as Broadway junction or east ny, but my borders for east ny were always considered Pennsylvania Avenue to the west Atlantic Avenue to the north, cozine to the south & crescent to the east. forbell/lincoln/drew/grant/elderts = city line imo 😂

Odd how Cypress Hills houses isn't in Cypress Hills (the neighborhood), isn't it?

Anyway, I've never considered Broadway Junction as a sub-section of Brooklyn, neighborhood-wise (although I knew that many people did, hence the frustration)... Always referenced it to the subway station itself....

Hmm, I believe the old B40 sign also said East NY... Don't remember B40's displaying Broadway Junction...

11 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Odd how Cypress Hills houses isn't in Cypress Hills (the neighborhood), isn't it?

the irony is mind bending 😂🤣

14 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Gotta love the short turn signages of the north-south Manhattan routes; the numbered streets in large letters & what not (M101 has a couple of em)

ah, yes. M101/2/3 42 ST...

M101/2 24 ST

i believe there's one for the 103 as well, but it's rarely/never used.

the way it goes on the 103 is if you're late to city hall, they'll just let you run into the SLD at cooper union, and he/she will cut you there and send you back uptown... happened to me several times (the SLD at 34 or 42nd usually instructed you to get the attention of that dispatcher... it was crazy, but the dispatcher at Cooper was the one responsible for that whole line... all others would defer to him/her... Amsterdam/two-five, Lexington/two-five, the "house" aka the SLD in the window at 100 street depot...)

honestly, i always liked to see the M1/2/3/4 numbered street short signs... they didn't look as crammed in there like the 101/2/3

btw the M103 has a short sign to Cooper union that displays M103 East Village ÷ 6 St, but again rarely/never used (see explanation above)

8 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

...and the south?

It's not your fault obviously, but this excerpt is either incomplete or is sending a mixed message....  West Harlem's area can not be bounded by W. 110th to the south, if the southern-most boundary of the southern-most neighborhood they list (Manhattanville) is around 123rd... W. 110th is not Manhattanville, that's Morningside Heights.... That is exactly why I asked what encompasses West Harlem to the north & south.

To your original suggestion though, while I'm personally unbothered by the Bx15 & M104's signage reading West Harlem, it is specifically in Manhattanville....

AFAIC, no...

8 hours ago, Bay Ridge Express said:

I just asked because when I went to Coney Island in 1998, I saw the B74 sign as Sea Gate as it ended there not loop back to Stillwell. I was told rookie ops put up Sea Gate but after awhile, they leave it at Stillwell. 

7 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

I knew about the code, but are there really B74's terminating with the B36 currently/anymore? I haven't known of buses doing that in ages....

--------------------------------

side note: RIP, RTS :(

Gotta love the short turn signages of the north-south Manhattan routes; the numbered streets in large letters & what not (M101 has a couple of em).... This was a good while back (around the late 90's/early 2000's), but I'm trying to remember the route that had one of those one-liners, that was also in a small ass font (smaller than normal at the time).... It was a Queens route....

As far as the B74, I wouldn't do anything special, outside of having it say Coney Island - Stillwell Term.

Anyway, I've never considered Broadway Junction as a sub-section of Brooklyn, neighborhood-wise (although I knew that many people did, hence the frustration)... Always referenced it to the subway station itself....

Hmm, I believe the old B40 sign also said East NY... Don't remember B40's displaying Broadway Junction...

Yep. The B40 said East New York Pennsylvania Av. The bus map said Broadway Junction 

6 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

the irony is mind bending 😂🤣

ah, yes. M101/2/3 42 ST...

M101/2 24 ST

i believe there's one for the 103 as well, but it's rarely/never used.

the way it goes on the 103 is if you're late to city hall, they'll just let you run into the SLD at cooper union, and he/she will cut you there and send you back uptown... happened to me several times (the SLD at 34 or 42nd usually instructed you to get the attention of that dispatcher... it was crazy, but the dispatcher at Cooper was the one responsible for that whole line... all others would defer to him/her... Amsterdam/two-five, Lexington/two-five, the "house" aka the SLD in the window at 100 street depot...)

honestly, i always liked to see the M1/2/3/4 numbered street short signs... they didn't look as crammed in there like the 101/2/3

btw the M103 has a short sign to Cooper union that displays M103 East Village ÷ 6 St, but again rarely/never used (see explanation above)

The M103 has a short turn at 96 as well. I think it has a short turn at 42 as well. As for B35, I think it was the Q44 or 58 assuming it was a TA route that had all those one line short turns. 

10 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

And how does that benefit passengers traveling to/from stops south of Cooper Square? 

5 minutes ago, Gotham Bus Co. said:

And how does that benefit passengers traveling to/from stops south of Cooper Square? 

simply put: it didn't. it wasn't all the time that the SLD's at cooper would chop late 103's there, but there were definitely instances. now i will say if/when the Cooper union SLD did cut late 103's, he/she or the occasional dispatcher at city hall (that wasn't a manned post daily) would either pull 103's that were on time laying over at city hall or one of the many 101's to run a city hall to cooper union shuttle, not so much during the week, but definitely on weekends, especially Saturdays. if it was during the week, definitely am shoulder, or between 7ish-9pm

11 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Same way I've felt about the Todt Hill Houses (Castleton Corners). We could start a whole separate thread on the projects that are incorrectly named lol

In any case, the one thing that irks me is the SIM23 (originally the SIM24 before they restructured the two) using Princes Bay to refer to Hylan & Luten. To me that is definitely Huguenot...Princes Bay is Seguine and beyond. 

The S89 uses "Eltingville / Hylan Blvd" whereas the S59 just says "Hylan Bl" (though I suppose if you consider Tottenville to be the full length terminal it makes sense why they would abbreviate the Eltingville one, even though it's the full-time terminal)

Another one is the S98 saying "Mariners Hbr" while the S48 says "Arlington / Holland Av " which is more accurate (the limiteds out here in general tend to differ from the locals. In the morning a lot of them say "St. George" rather than "St. George Ferry". Then there's also the S91 saying "SI Mall" rather than "SI Mall - Yukon Av" (the S94 splits it up among two screens rather than one like the S44 & S61)

Then there's the SIM4X/8X which say "via Park & Ride" in the morning. Either you got on at the park & ride itself (in which case you already know where you are), or you got on at Lamberts/Christopher Lane and it would make no sense backtracking to the park & ride. The whole concept of the SIM4X/8X (as planned by the MTA) I found stupid from the beginning.

The Bx1 has an interesting one..

Riverdale-231st Street should really be Kingsbridge-231st Street, as the Bx1 ends indeed in Kingsbridge.

You can also say that the Bx7, Bx9, Bx10, and the BxM1/2/18 terminates in North Riverdale.

Edited by NBTA

15 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

I don't think any B74s actually terminate there but perhaps the intention was to show that sign heading west and then switch to Stillwell Av when they arrived at Sea Gate (as if the bus did terminate there, like the guide on the back of the map suggests)

That photo is actually from an old thread on here from 2010. I couldn't find one of my own shots fast enough.

14 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

There's also one for Chatham Square that I don't think I have ever seen used outside of being incorrectly displayed; it displays Chinatown/Chatham Sq and then flips to via Lex Av unlike the M9 code which just says Chatham Sq in large letters.

KRNote9145.jpg

20 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

I don't think any B74s actually terminate there but perhaps the intention was to show that sign heading west and then switch to Stillwell Av when they arrived at Sea Gate (as if the bus did terminate there, like the guide on the back of the map suggests)

That photo is actually from an old thread on here from 2010. I couldn't find one of my own shots fast enough.

Now, no - but B74's used to terminate with the B36 over there along W. 37th (@Q43LTD is right).... It wasn't always a loop route.

17 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

...the way it goes on the 103 is if you're late to city hall, they'll just let you run into the SLD at cooper union, and he/she will cut you there and send you back uptown... happened to me several times (the SLD at 34 or 42nd usually instructed you to get the attention of that dispatcher... it was crazy, but the dispatcher at Cooper was the one responsible for that whole line... all others would defer to him/her... Amsterdam/two-five, Lexington/two-five, the "house" aka the SLD in the window at 100 street depot...)

Although I've gotten screwed by this several times, it's good to know... One of those times, I thought I was trippin & thought I got on the wrong bus (102 instead of a 103).... But most of those times I've been on a 103 abruptly ended at Astor, I just went down & took the (6) to City Hall & walked over to Chinatown from there.... One thing I will say about Astor, is that I'm always seeing an SLD there....

6 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Same way I've felt about the Todt Hill Houses (Castleton Corners). We could start a whole separate thread on the projects that are incorrectly named lol

In any case, the one thing that irks me is the SIM23 (originally the SIM24 before they restructured the two) using Princes Bay to refer to Hylan & Luten. To me that is definitely Huguenot...Princes Bay is Seguine and beyond. 

The S89 uses "Eltingville / Hylan Blvd" whereas the S59 just says "Hylan Bl" (though I suppose if you consider Tottenville to be the full length terminal it makes sense why they would abbreviate the Eltingville one, even though it's the full-time terminal)

Another one is the S98 saying "Mariners Hbr" while the S48 says "Arlington / Holland Av " which is more accurate (the limiteds out here in general tend to differ from the locals. In the morning a lot of them say "St. George" rather than "St. George Ferry". Then there's also the S91 saying "SI Mall" rather than "SI Mall - Yukon Av" (the S94 splits it up among two screens rather than one like the S44 & S61)

Then there's the SIM4X/8X which say "via Park & Ride" in the morning. Either you got on at the park & ride itself (in which case you already know where you are), or you got on at Lamberts/Christopher Lane and it would make no sense backtracking to the park & ride. The whole concept of the SIM4X/8X (as planned by the MTA) I found stupid from the beginning.

When I kept seeing Princes Bay mentioned, the first thing that came to mind was, what are they building up over there? And then I see the proposal & go WTF, that's not Princes Bay at all.... May as well call Prospect Park (B)(Q)(S) Park slope at that rate...

In any case, what does the S54 say over there at that bus loop? Is it also Eltingville - Hylan Blvd., or something else?

12 hours ago, Q43LTD said:

I just asked because when I went to Coney Island in 1998, I saw the B74 sign as Sea Gate as it ended there not loop back to Stillwell. I was told rookie ops put up Sea Gate but after awhile, they leave it at Stillwell. 

Yep. The B40 said East New York Pennsylvania Av. The bus map said Broadway Junction 

The M103 has a short turn at 96 as well. I think it has a short turn at 42 as well. As for B35, I think it was the Q44 or 58 assuming it was a TA route that had all those one line short turns. 

That B40 mention brought back memories.  I actually don't remember what the eastbound destination signage was. I do remember eastbound service pretty much emptying out when the bus made the left turn on Liberty headed toward Atlantic Avenue and the loop around for westbound service. I was under the impression that the stop at Liberty and Pennsylvania was the first stop, not the last. That stop was the last stop on the northbound B83 after making the left from Pennsylvania onto Liberty. The B83 made the same loop around the B40 did with the first stop on Pennsylvania in front of a fast food joint on the s/w corner at the subway station staircase. I used the B83 Liberty/Pennsylvania  for years headed n/b because it gave me quicker access to the n/b IND than the extension to Broadway-East NY did later on. If a n/b Express passed me while waiting at Liberty the n/b local train that left Euclid at the same time would get me to Broadway Nassau before the next Express would.  Even if the Express passed me at Lafayette the local would be placed ahead of the (A) every day. That 4 car R32  (C) flew.  Just my thoughts.  Carry on. 

Edited by Trainmaster5
Context

22 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

1. As I stated, it refers to that general area (I'd say somewhere from W 37 to W 27) if we're going to be talking about that part of Coney Island. It's like an unofficial "sub-neighborhood." I don't think there are any clear borders, though.

2. The schedule says Sea Gate-Coney Island. You're right about that, though.

7 minutes ago, Bay Ridge Express said:

As I stated, it refers to that general area (I'd say somewhere from W 37 to W 27) if we're going to be talking about that part of Coney Island. It's like an unofficial "sub-neighborhood." I don't think there are any clear borders, though.

Nah, Sea Gate's borders are well defined... The community is gated & does not pan east of W. 37th.... I don't know where you're getting that from.

When I kept seeing Princes Bay mentioned, the first thing that came to mind was, what are they building up over there? And then I see the proposal & go WTF, that's not Princes Bay at all.... May as well call Prospect Park (B)(Q)(S) Park slope at that rate...

In any case, what does the S54 say over there at that bus loop? Is it also Eltingville - Hylan Blvd., or something else?

S54 is Eltingville - Richmond Av. S78 short-turns as you probably know are just Richmond Av.

For that stop, their excuse for having it at Hylan & Luten rather than Hylan & Huguenot (which at least has some residential areas around it) was that Hylan & Luten offers more parking, and for Hylan & Huguenot, the inbound express buses wouldn't be able to make the left turn after serving the stop (then have the stop after the turn...duh...) Me personally I think it was probably just the fact that the old X23 stopped at Luten, and maybe some NIMBY didn't want a stop in front of their house and they were trying to backwards-justify leaving it at Luten.

In any case, you should've seen the way they labeled the original SIM schedules (they're probably up on WebArchive somewhere). I know offhand they labeled Glen Street & Victory Blvd as Bulls Head instead of Travis. And typos galore...

Although I've gotten screwed by this several times, it's good to know... One of those times, I thought I was trippin & thought I got on the wrong bus (102 instead of a 103).... But most of those times I've been on a 103 abruptly ended at Astor, I just went down & took the (6) to City Hall & walked over to Chinatown from there.... One thing I will say about Astor, is that I'm always seeing an SLD there....

The one time I was on an M103 that got turned at Cooper Union, they put us on another one that was neck and neck with us the entire way through Midtown.

49 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

In any case, you should've seen the way they labeled the original SIM schedules (they're probably up on WebArchive somewhere). I know offhand they labeled Glen Street & Victory Blvd as Bulls Head instead of Travis. And typos galore...

The SIM3 schedule saying "SIM3 continues to NY after Slosson Av" like Staten Island is in New Jersey for one...

Speaking of SI...

Why does the S42 say Clyde Pl & Arnold St without mentioning New Brighton?