Worst Bus Ever

BM5 via Woodhaven

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what's the worst bus line in each of the 5 boroughs and Nassau,and what would you do for it to get better?

I want to opinionate on this.... however....

despite the fact that you're a new member & all, you still gotta be more specific with what you're askin....

that's way too broad a question.....

Make it easier for us to want to contribute to the topic.

what's the worst bus line in each of the 5 boroughs and Nassau,and what would you do for it to get better?

I can't really speak for other boroughs, but the M35 in Manhattan has to be the worst in the city. How to make it better you ask? Cut the whole line...%90 of the passengers on that bus don't pay. It's really just a waste of diesel fuel. What about the people on randals island you ask? Make em walk across the bridge, or have the city send a school bus for them...

some riders in other areas [movado]hooope an' pray[/movado] that they get service similar to the B35 here....

I've grown sick of the route in general

(and I never liked the B35 LTD since its inception, as some on here might know)....

the one thing I will say is, I wish church av was one lane wider in each direction...

the route in & of itself is rather straight-forward & no-nonsense (which is a plus), but I guess it's just experiencing the intricacies w/ this route for as long as I have.....

I guess I can always fall behind the "at least it aint the B13" excuse (with that routing)....

I'll go with route...

Bx3 - too many riders weekdays and Saturdays, and 40-footers don't help at all.

Bx5 - damn short turns at White Plains Rd, need I say more?

Bx15/55 - always late during middays.

Bx36 Limited - way too unreliable during the afternoon rush hours. Artics are needed.

Bx40/42 - too clogged during rush hours. A Limited counterpart IS NEEDED ASAP.

I'd say the M31 in Manhattan is one of the worst. It runs way too infrequently that people traveling along York Avenue will usually just take a cab if the bus isn't already there.

The M22 also runs way too infrequently. As the only crosstown bus Downtown it really should have significantly increased headways so that it'll actually be faster than walking.

I'll go with route...

Bx3 - too many riders weekdays and Saturdays, and 40-footers don't help at all.

Bx5 - damn short turns at White Plains Rd, need I say more?

Bx15/55 - always late during middays.

Bx36 Limited - way too unreliable during the afternoon rush hours. Artics are needed.

Bx40/42 - too clogged during rush hours. A Limited counterpart IS NEEDED ASAP.

This I agree 100% :tup: especially the BX40/42

I hate the S53...it never connects with the S61/62 at Victory/Clove on time. Just as we get to that intersection the other buses already pull out of the stop. I blame the meandering the route goes through in Arrochar.

Another route I don't like is the B25. Never comes when it's supposed to.

I hate the S53...it never connects with the S61/62 at Victory/Clove on time. Just as we get to that intersection the other buses already pull out of the stop. I blame the meandering the route goes through in Arrochar.

Better hope we get that S83 soon. :D

My college professor knows Allen Cappelli personally, so he (re)sent the proposal to him and we'll see if he can do anything. (He also sent him my S93 extension proposal, since it's dependant on the S83 being passed)

Last night, I ran to Forest Avenue and saw a bus pulling out. There was a woman standing at the northbound S53 stop, and she couldn't tell me if it was an S48 or S98 (if it was the S98, I would've just waited for the S48 which was supposed to come 2 minutes later, but if it was the S48, I wasn't about to wait for the S98). Since I didn't want to risk it, I saw an S53 pulling into the Forest Avenue stop, and we only made one stop between Forest Avenue and Victory Blvd. :tup:

But as far as the OP's question goes, there's just too many variables to consider. There's crowding, bunching, frequency, traffic, etc.

For instance, the S46/S96 can get crowded at certain times of the day and end up getting delayed, but other times they show up on time and with reasonable loads. I'm sure the same can be said of other routes with similar frequencies (Maybe some of the routes in SE Queens or something).

:pAll routes run by MTA are the worse. Remove the MTA monopoly, go back to PBLs and open competition and then ask. :D

Always wondered how Bee Line ran the N4 and N6 and how Schenck managed the N20/21, and 25.

The N6 has to be the worst route in Nassau. Ten miles of hell and it only picks up once you get to 179th, and that's if you don't have an NYCT armada around it. Plus, they've been running NGs more on it so people will just bunch up in the narrow aisles and not move back.

Brooklyn: (B46)

Bronx: (Bx1), (Bx12), (Bx19), (Bx40)

Manhattan: (M14), (M20), (M35), (M42) & any other route in the borough that real slow.

Queens: (Q5), (Q20)A/B, (Q30), (Q44), (Q46), (Q77), (Q85)

Staten Island: (S78), (S79)

Nassau: N4 (Dont Ask Why), N6

Don't know about you but (B46) and (Q44) are good to me guess its luck. (M35) really those ppl don't pay then reduce their service sharply.

I mean, I like the B35 and the M103 a whole lot, but I'm sick of them. Slow and late are the name of the game.

M103 needs a whole new approach, new maintenance at 100th, new buses, and a new schedule cause the current one isn't cutting it.

The B35 is never gonna be quick just cause once you get into Flatbush you're gonna hit traffic, but I still got my right to complain about it...

I would resort to the shoe leather express before using B35 lol.

I can't really speak for other boroughs, but the M35 in Manhattan has to be the worst in the city. How to make it better you ask? Cut the whole line...%90 of the passengers on that bus don't pay. It's really just a waste of diesel fuel. What about the people on randals island you ask? Make em walk across the bridge, or have the city send a school bus for them...

If the ppl really don't pay I would simply punish em by axing weekend service reducing service to every 30 mins and cutting out early at 7PM

I'd say the M31 in Manhattan is one of the worst. It runs way too infrequently that people traveling along York Avenue will usually just take a cab if the bus isn't already there.

The M22 also runs way too infrequently. As the only crosstown bus Downtown it really should have significantly increased headways so that it'll actually be faster than walking.

M22 is too slow to take seriously the shoe leather express is cheaper and faster.

Cut the routing that slows down S53 period. Give em a rte that runs based on the demand which isn't much. OK if you don't like B25 there is always the (C) and (A) trains don't like it walk.

Cut the routing that slows down S53 period. Give em a rte that runs based on the demand which isn't much. OK if you don't like B25 there is always the (C) and (A) trains don't like it walk.

And how do you know what the demand is in the South Beach area? There are a lot of people transferring to the SIR at Grasmere (coming from the S53 in both directions, but a little more going to/from Port Richmond). A lot of people also get on at the last stop on McClean Avenue. That's why the S83 should have the same routing as the S53 if (hopefully when) it's implemented.

Archived