MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
add 714,718 and 724 at MF 714 was on the N6 LTD, 724 is on the N16 and 718 is on the N24 Happy hunting

Damm, its that bad in Long Island.. That Nassau Exec is making a HUGE mistake, but it's been spoke about on these boards. Just hope that CP and SC can borrow some buses while some of theirs are on the island.

I really hope the new MTA guy can look at Long Island's situation and provide a possible solution to this fiasco, but really its too little too late.

Damm, its that bad in Long Island.. That Nassau Exec is making a HUGE mistake, but it's been spoke about on these boards. Just hope that CP and SC can borrow some buses while some of theirs are on the island.

I really hope the new MTA guy can look at Long Island's situation and provide a possible solution to this fiasco, but really its too little too late.

Nassau's Orion V's are being prepared for inspection, and service under a new operator. That's all. They also have to be changed into the NICE livery soon..

MTA's new chief has nothing to do with LIB come January 1st. There isn't really a "fiasco" to provide a solution to either.

Nassau's Orion V's are being prepared for inspection, and service under a new operator. That's all. They also have to be changed into the NICE livery soon..

MTA's new chief has nothing to do with LIB come January 1st. There isn't really a "fiasco" to provide a solution to either.

It certainly looks like a fiasco on the inside! The big problem with the DOT inspections is that so many of our buses are failing!

By the way... It was a pleasure driving 724 today. Runs better than any of our Orion V's and the passegners loved the old express style seating. Cant tell you how many people were taking pictures!

Thie situation is indeed a fiasco for the employees and family members of MTA/LIB.

It will NOT be a happy holiday season for them.

Like we all said...N.I.C.E. will not be so "NICE" come the new year. Anybody could have told Veolia that those buses were going to fail. I mean I don't know about you but I've seen more and more NG CNGs running more frequently than the Orion V CNGs...and there are just about a bit more of Orion V CNGs than NG CNGs. At least at the moment.

It certainly looks like a fiasco on the inside! The big problem with the DOT inspections is that so many of our buses are failing!

By the way... It was a pleasure driving 724 today. Runs better than any of our Orion V's and the passegners loved the old express style seating. Cant tell you how many people were taking pictures!

I guess I don't call it a fiasco because this is what I expected. The buses have to be DOT inspected as they are changing operators anyway. It was pretty obvious some of the old V's wouldn't pass inspection. Same goes for a few MTA buses. They didn't pass inspection a few months ago. It happens here and there. Especially when the buses start to get old.

Thie situation is indeed a fiasco for the employees and family members of MTA/LIB.

It will NOT be a happy holiday season for them.

The thing is tension is just so high right now because nobody really knows what is going on, and most people haven't read the details of the contract with Veolia.

Most all of senior guys won't have much to worry about at all. But as for the newbies, we'll just have to keep prying for them. I don't think its going to be AS bad as many people think.

The one thing everyone has to remember is this problem within Nassau transit has been going on for quite a while. Cuts are inevitable, whether it be MTA or NICE actually holding the axe.

4824, 7007, 7008, 7012 just arrived to QV. Dont scrap 9416 send it here. seriously.

That bus is not going to lga , lga will kill it even more . Lga does not deserve anything , they damn sure didnt deserve those 9300s , they killed them . And the bus is inside the depot on the lift it wouldnt start and there was something else wrong .

i did she 9416 going down bedford , soon u.p. will be rts free :'(

Yea its almost that time .