MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should take the ones at FP back. At least those units were at SI from the start. Then take handfuls from other depots and give them to FP. After that they may as well just keep the NGs there and keep the O5s in Brooklyn or Queens till they retire and replaced by the next bus order.

That actually makes sense, but I'm not sure they'll get them back from Fresh Pond.

I heard from my friend who works of out Yukon that SI, (specifically Yukon and Charleston) might be receiving somewhere around 40-50 some NGs. As for which depots, I'm not sure yet.

Probably from GA as I was told they're going to be leaving. Probably all from GA or half from GA.

They should take the ones at FP back. At least those units were at SI from the start. Then take handfuls from other depots and give them to FP. After that they may as well just keep the NGs there and keep the O5s in Brooklyn or Queens till they retire and replaced by the next bus order.

They'll literally have nothing to get back in return since in FP's case, the NG's arrival was a bus-for-bus replacement.

According to my morning operator on the B57, Grand Ave. is keeping around 20 Orion V's (6000 series from 1999) and is sending a like number of hybrids to Staten Island (don't know which depot).

This morning (Fri. 8/31) was the first day of operation of these transferees.  Early this morning he saw one go to the B24 and another one to the B48.  He re-qualified on the Orion V yesterday.  The wheelchair lift operates differently than on the RTS.

It makes me wonder, could this possibly be their temporary resolution with the mileage on those Orion Vs? They've been on the island all their lives and racked up quite a lot of miles.
Edited by Cait Sith

That actually makes sense, but I'm not sure they'll get them back from Fresh Pond.

Oh I know. Just saying that since they came from SI, SI can take them back and those units can finish their lives there. Well whereever the NGs are taken from, my point stands about leaving the NGs at SI. It's better than rotating RTSs or such from other depots and newer enough so they can last a few more years without a replacement. Plus they may as well keep the local fleet there as all Orions anyway.

Mileage always plays into the equation.  I have a feeling they were sent to FP for already high mileage in the first place.  At FP, the mileage decreases, since most FP routes deal with lots of traffic.

When there were 400s at Gleason, they did.

That was 18 years ago.

Gleason had 400's I thought they had a bunch of old 7000 RTS's that were replaced when the 1998-2000 New Flyer C40LF's came.

Gleason got 452 after Kingsbridge got 451. Then Castleton got the next 46 if memory serves correctly, and 505-580 then went to Stengel. (611-630 went to Castleton for express service.) Most of the Kingsbridge batch spent their entire lives in the Bronx Division...some of the Castleton batch also finished out their lives at Kingsbridge.

Speaking of mileage, most of the batch from 6293 and up spent their entire lives in Staten Island Division.

Edited by aemoreira81

Has Orion V diesels ever ran in Brooklyn in the past.

When there were 400s at Gleason, they did.

Gleason had 400's I thought they had a bunch of old 7000 RTS's that were replaced when the 1998-2000 New Flyer C40LF's came.

That was 18 years ago.

Gleason got 452 after Kingsbridge got 451. Then Castleton got the next 46 if memory serves correctly, and 505-580 then went to Stengel. (611-630 went to Castleton for express service.) Most of the Kingsbridge batch spent their entire lives in the Bronx Division...some of the Castleton batch also finished out their lives at Kingsbridge.

Speaking of mileage, most of the batch from 6293 and up spent their entire lives in Staten Island Division.

#452-458 went to Jackie Gleason while #459-504 went to Castleton.

Now even though Jackie Gleason had #317 already, I think #452-458 were used in service as "demos" before their 30 Orion 05.501 CNG buses #581-610 were delivered.

#452-458 went to Kingsbridge after being at Jackie Gleason and THEN went to Casey Stengel.

Just what I remembered about that particular series.

Edited by The TransitMan

That was 18 years ago.

611-630 spent their final days at Casey Stengel

Isn't 4961 at ENY?

It was.. Now it's at FB.

Following buses back at FB: 4959 and 4961. Spotted respectively on the B46 on Eastern Parkway and Utica. FB decals on both buses. Looks like 4959 returned from quill. 4946?? May also be in Brooklyn also.

4959 came back from Quilll, 4946 came back also. 4961 went from EN - FB. FB lost 9670 & a couple others I heard to FP.

Any roster up dates?

If there was an update it would've been posted about a month ago lol for now everybody will have to keep their eyes & ears open.