MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

FP: yeah I figured LGA was overcrowded and it was a mistake to move most of the express buses over to CP. CP could've kept and maybe take on a few more local routes (give up some express routes). If they had a 3rd depot to take the load off LGA and maybe CP, then perhaps there could be an improvement like SI (well not sure about Yukon though).

If true, then shame on them. And I hope so. FR has sandy as an excuse, but what's lga's excuse? The day it's 'sorted out' there, then all the better.

i was thinking cp maybe can build an annex but across the street aren't they building the new police academy there? would it be wise to build where the old flushing airport was?

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FP: yeah I figured LGA was overcrowded and it was a mistake to move most of the express buses over to CP. CP could've kept and maybe take on a few more local routes (give up some express routes). If they had a 3rd depot to take the load off LGA and maybe CP, then perhaps there could be an improvement like SI (well not sure about Yukon though).

If true, then shame on them. And I hope so. FR has sandy as an excuse, but what's lga's excuse? The day it's 'sorted out' there, then all the better.

I think the plan orginally was to make CP an ALL Express Depot.... But doing that would have put too much of a strain on LGA

Remember before the fire in LGA they too could've handled CNG's... That fire kinda messed it up for them and then with the addition of MORE routes MORE buses and not enough maintenance to go around that in itself equals disaster waiting to happen

But like I said earlier MTAB is now cleaning up house Depot by Depot

FR is more like an Annex... Most repairs are still done at JFK.. The day FR can be self-sufficient and do its own major repairs will be a great day over at JFK

LGA needs to clean house or they need another depot to take the load off LGA. This is crazy. How bad are their NGs? It's not an excuse to 'slack off' even if they get a bunch of 2nd hand buses. The new buses they have aren't that great.

I haven't rode their NGs but their RTS look like shit.....they should send some of those buses to other depots like Jamaica,East New York,Far Rockaway or Baisley Park

I haven't rode their NGs but their RTS look like shit.....they should send some of those buses to other depots like Jamaica,East New York,Far Rockaway or Baisley Park

...or even FP, Flatbush, and or Grand Avenue.

Why? those old buses were pushed out of those depots. If LGA can't take care of what they have, why should they get new buses to trash? It's like SI again before Charleston was built.

Hasn't been posted yet but a bunch of 43xx from KB have moved to GunHill. I've witnessed at least 4 different 433x on Bx24,26 or 28 the past week. What is KB getting though? 

Kingsbridge was recently getting a crap load of Orion V's so those 4300's had to be bumped off to Gun Hill. No other 4300 has moved to Gun Hill at this time.

Not true I saw 5205 on the Q9 an hour ago

So then it went back for today, friend of mine saw it while driving last night, he saw it in manhattan on the M57. It could be like how they did with Staten Island "send buses for the day, send them right back. But why borrow from manhattan to bring them to queens ... Might as well borrow from CP, or any other garage .

So then it went back for today, friend of mine saw it while driving last night, he saw it in manhattan on the M57. It could be like how they did with Staten Island "send buses for the day, send them right back. But why borrow from manhattan to bring them to queens ... Might as well borrow from CP, or any other garage .

CP is already handling the Q72,Q29 and other routes. I don't think they need additional routes to cover for

Spring Creek on the other hand...They should have kept doing the borrowing buses for them. Help out JFK/FR a lot.

Edited by tvega961

So what exactly happened with the Fall Pick? GH lost its 4040s and 4050s to SI, KB lost its 4330s to GH, multiple depots sent O5s to KB, GA gained SI O5s, FP gained 45xx NGs from GA, JA sent its 4400s to QV, and QV sent 8045 and up to JA -- is that about it?

I think the plan orginally was to make CP an ALL Express Depot.... But doing that would have put too much of a strain on LGA

Remember before the fire in LGA they too could've handled CNG's... That fire kinda messed it up for them and then with the addition of MORE routes MORE buses and not enough maintenance to go around that in itself equals disaster waiting to happen

But like I said earlier MTAB is now cleaning up house Depot by Depot

FR is more like an Annex... Most repairs are still done at JFK.. The day FR can be self-sufficient and do its own major repairs will be a great day over at JFK

It was originally planned to transition all of LGA's express routes to CP, while LGA would get two of their former local routes back and possibly the Q66 whenever the transition completes.

Basically LGA has mainly been the dumping grounds for buses that are mostly in their last legs, and the fact that LGA needs all the buses they can get doesn't help the frequency of maintenance issues...

IMG_0457_zpsc18237b0.jpg

So what exactly happened with the Fall Pick? GH lost its 4040s and 4050s to SI, KB lost its 4330s to GH, multiple depots sent O5s to KB, GA gained SI O5s, FP gained 45xx NGs from GA, JA sent its 4400s to QV, and QV sent 8045 and up to JA -- is that about it?

Precisely.

What I would like to know is since QV lost 45 Novas and some of their OGs to other depots, is Jam City going to give up 4656-4670 to QV also? That would be the only logical thing to do since tht would complete the 45-45 swap between low floor and low floor in the two depots.