MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

Im baffled at Flatbush losing XD40s, I was expecting those new XD40s to bump some RTSs to ECH scrap, if Flatbush ends up losing no RTSs at all with this batch of XD40s then that's fine by me, love those RTS!!!

As for buses staying their whole lives in one depot...

Most of the 96 RTS 9090-9110 batch stayed in UP their entire lives, same goes for the 8600s that were at Quill & ENY, a few went to MTA bus but most stayed in one depot their entire lifes.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calvin

• Future ENY OP

• T J Trainman

• Cait Sith

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Im baffled at Flatbush losing XD40s, I was expecting those new XD40s to bump some RTSs to ECH scrap, if Flatbush ends up losing no RTSs at all with this batch of XD40s then that's fine by me, love those RTS!!!

I think the 3 buses is just to cover ENY's spare factor but we will know if anything takes shape next week. IMO, the new XD40s will move the old XDs to local service and once the XD60s come in, they will wrap the new XD40s for local service and then retire the RTS.

14 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Baffling is not the word for this. I’m guessing the (MTA) wants to balance the fleet ages and I get that. However, these buses are 3 years old and have mileage issues?  I would of thought the NG’s would be out the door when they started sending some to Yukon last week. Hopefully, more NG’s and RTS leave than the XD40’s. 

16 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

I think the 3 buses is just to cover ENY's spare factor but we will know if anything takes shape next week. IMO, the new XD40s will move the old XDs to local service and once the XD60s come in, they will wrap the new XD40s for local service and then retire the RTS.

Since Flatbush is jumping ENY in the XD40 order for SBS makes sense to send the 73xx. When the 77xx come in ENY will get there new XD.

56 minutes ago, Kanarsie Guy said:

7620, 7623-7624 & 7629 all in service on the B46

Actually its 20, 21, 24, and 29 as of right now. 23 is still inside the depot, however it is on the run line. 33 is assigned to run 636 but returned to the depot for some reason.

Also note more than a dozen major and minor updates will be posted throughout the week. Updates have been made to the Fleet and Depots title page and a post of all the pending updates have also been made.

Edited by East New York

13 hours ago, East New York said:

Actually its 20, 21, 24, and 29 as of right now. 23 is still inside the depot, however it is on the run line. 33 is assigned to run 636 but returned to the depot for some reason.

Also note more than a dozen major and minor updates will be posted throughout the week. Updates have been made to the Fleet and Depots title page and a post of all the pending updates have also been made.

It is was out earlier 

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:13 AM, Future ENY OP said:

Baffling is not the word for this. I’m guessing the (MTA) wants to balance the fleet ages and I get that. However, these buses are 3 years old and have mileage issues?  I would of thought the NG’s would be out the door when they started sending some to Yukon last week. Hopefully, more NG’s and RTS leave than the XD40’s. 

😞 are you kidding me?....Why they are not getting rid of them RTS and sending the 4 XD out? 

20 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

7619 to Flatbush Avenue. (FB). In service on the B46SBS. 

I’m on board 7621. These newer XD40’s are definitely smooth. Announcements are clear. Give it a few months they will slap a rear ad on these buses.  

Are the announcements the same program as the ones on the 73xx buses for the B46 SBS?