MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, East New York said:

Major updates coming this evening and this weekend all across the board, with a fleet review, including the newly finalized MTA Bus contract for 53 XD60's. I've been on vacation taking care oF some maintenance issues with my personal Nova RTS. 😎

Can't wait 

1 minute ago, Future ENY OP said:

Wow 😮. Did not see this coming. I guess it makes sense. Something had to go. Would of thought NG’s would be on their way out. 

Just saw 7365 last night on the 46 local. It’s going to be weird seeing sets of 73xx buses in the East. 

I did not see that coming either. Why are they making the newer 73xx XD40 buses go out of FB?

14 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Are the XD40 buses already having mileage problems 3 years after entering service?

Mileage....problems?

Everything gets swapped to keep the mileage low on buses, buses also get swapped for other reasons.

4 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Mileage....problems?

Everything gets swapped to keep the mileage low on buses, buses also get swapped for other reasons.

Okay. Looks like no bus will stay at its original depot in the entire lifespan of the vehicle.

Also, what is the average mileage of an MTA Bus, and its depots fleet?

Edited by JeremiahC99

4 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Okay. Looks like no bus will stay at its original depot in the entire lifespan of the vehicle.

Um...are you talking about the current fleet because if so, then quite a few of MTA Bus Hybrids are still at their original depot since 2006-2007. Such as much of the 3700s at LaGuardia, some of the 3600s and #3701-3716 are still at JFK.

Even #64267-6489 are still at Queens Village...since 2004.

1 minute ago, The TransitMan said:

Um...are you talking about the current fleet because if so, then quite a few of MTA Bus Hybrids are still at their original depot since 2006-2007. Such as much of the 3700s at LaGuardia, some of the 3600s and #3701-3716 are still at JFK.

Even #64267-6489 are still at Queens Village...since 2004.

Most likely, but I'm talking about the entire fleet as a whole, especially the Nova LFS from 2011-2012.