MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

When will 2000 D60HF new flyer #5270 - #5290 series at West Farms Depot thto e retirement bus will head back to Eastchester Depot for scrapped. Let the retirement bus head to Eastchester Depot for scrapped

WTF did you just say? No...nevermind. It took me a while to translate that gibberish. Anyways, much of THAT series that you pointed out is in storage already. If not, then they are already scrapped.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When will 2000 D60HF new flyer #5270 - #5290 series at West Farms Depot thto e retirement bus will head back to Eastchester Depot for scrapped. Let the retirement bus head to Eastchester Depot for scrapped

That series was never at West Farms. Most of the 5200 series spent their entire careers at Kingsbridge.

Me a moderator? That I am not. I was just asking everyone to stop the nonsense thats all. On a seperate note, ECH depot has 3 new arrivals. They are: 6130, 6253, and 6328. They should be ready to enter service soon.

I wonder what the reason all these O5's are going to ECH for....they have more than enough buses to cover the Bx23 and Q50....Are they planning to increase service again? or just giving them a stockpile?

youu see! i told someone west farms and gleason are gonna exchange c40lfs for their orion vII ogs at gleason...that way gleason will have 230-490... and west farms...ALL the Orion VII OGs

Hold your horses on that for now, that's the only C40 that's moved and AFAIK no O7 has moved either, so I wouldn't call it just yet.

youu see! i told someone west farms and gleason are gonna exchange c40lfs for their orion vII ogs at gleason...that way gleason will have 230-490... and west farms...ALL the Orion VII OGs

Calm your tits, nothing left. If anything, its probably a loaner since the 7s are being rehabbed one by one.

That or West Farms probably has a surplus of buses and they shipped one to Gleason to cover for service since their 7000s are going for overhaul.

About damn time about the 7000s at JG. Right now they all suck. If I had the time to spare, I'd pass on them to wait for a NF bus.

WTF did you just say? No...nevermind. It took me a while to translate that gibberish. Anyways, much of THAT series that you pointed out is in storage already. If not, then they are already scrapped.

Lol, careful, you'll be called a bully for picking on him. Edited by Grand Concourse

Are the 7000's out of Gleason better now with the rehab or are they about the same as before?

Maybe others'll beg to differ, but those feel like different buses to me. Difference between one of those shot to death 7600s and a freshly rehabbed 7500 is night and day in terms of acceleration, braking, shifting, the like. Not to mention they're clean, which is something that wasn't too common at JG for the past few years.

I haven't been on those CNG O7s for some time now (never had a need to ride a JG route lately), but I'll try to keep it in mind the next time I catch one.

I am sorry. Almost West Farms Depot have all of Jackie Gleason Orion7CNG. It like example It all about College Point Depot Orion5CNG similar or generic want to be 100% Orion7CNG that 1 depot don't want to keep then later it want it back . It like flip flop only i can say.

I can't see it happening owing to average fleet age; it would make Gleason's fleet too new, with the entire fleet being no more than a year and a half old.

I wonder what the reason all these O5's are going to ECH for....they have more than enough buses to cover the Bx23 and Q50....Are they planning to increase service again? or just giving them a stockpile?

Actually ECH depot at this time is short (local fleet wise) believe it or not. They might be getting a few more.

Are the 7000's out of Gleason better now with the rehab or are they about the same as before?

Its hit or miss. Some came out better (like 7586), while others did worse (a la 7600). Then you got the others where it semms pretty much the same before rehab (7611).

I am sorry. Almost West Farms Depot have all of Jackie Gleason Orion7CNG. It like example It all about College Point Depot Orion5CNG similar or generic want to be 100% Orion7CNG that 1 depot don't want to keep then later it want it back . It like flip flop only i can say.

What?

Edited by Fresh Pond

Wrong, 5250-5425 spent most of their lives at GH. During that time KB had 1070-1109,5426-5509 lol before WF reopened

WRONG!

5250 & 5251 were dellivered brand-new to KB as 1110 & 1111 respectively! I lived along the Bx-41/55 route and rode the regularly, and I have always kept track of them. 5252 was delivered brand-new to KB after 5509 was delivered (to KB). KB had the 5200-series artics as well as 5205-5249 Nova RTS. I've been doing this roster regularly since the early 1980's. GH may have borrowed a few 5200's from time to time, but they weren't assigned to GH.

IMHO, 1001 should have been saved as the museum artic, as it was the first artic delivered. 1000 was delivered brand-new after 1069 was delivered. The numbering was originally supposed to be 1001-1070, but was later changed, and that was the reason 1000 was delivered last in that first order.

Most of the 5300's were delivered to GH. Most of the 5400 series up to 5509 were delivered new to KB.

Edited by UTC Bus Roster

Uhh.... What are you talking about? They ain't trading anything, Gleason is short ( dont ask why or how ) but 313 is a loaner for now I think, 313 is the only one there. It is on the 63 run 102, don't know if it'll be on this line later on most likely it will.

JG can't lose all of their Orion's anyway. If WF gives them their 54 NF C40's then 54 Orion VII CNG's have to go to WF. Then JG still needs to get rid of the remaining 20 old New Flyers plus enough for them not to be short. If CP loses the Q19,Q38 and Q66 the 44 New Flyers should be enough. The fleet at CP and SC are going to be very young so they may need to take some older buses to balance it out some.

JG can't lose all of their Orion's anyway. If WF gives them their 54 NF C40's then 54 Orion VII CNG's have to go to WF. Then JG still needs to get rid of the remaining 20 old New Flyers plus enough for them not to be short. If CP loses the Q19,Q38 and Q66 the 44 New Flyers should be enough. The fleet at CP and SC are going to be very young so they may need to take some older buses to balance it out some.

I always thought CP and SC should get some CNG OG's....This way not only is the fleet balanced but all CNG depots are experienced with both CNG fleets and all buses can be interchangeable between the 4 depots.

Edited by Lennyj17