MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did LGA get short all of a sudden. They have over 100 1996/1997 RTS's I thought that was more buses than the Orion V's that got retired.

LGA has been short all it's life lol. Nah but they're having A/C problems and other break down problems.

LGA has been short all it's life lol. Nah but they're having A/C problems and other break down problems.

With all them old buses at that Depot I can imagine a whole lot of them RTS's have that AC problem. They were suppose to be retired all in 2012 and 2013. I caught one RTS yesterday on the Q23 but all this week so far I caught only Orion VII NG's on the Q23 and that is from riding it in the morning and afternoon. Edited by College Pt Man

Smdh the 5000s have been relabeled to MTA Bus and have LGA stickers on them 5206 on the Q-103

Why would they do that? This sounds like a simple summer A/C loan, much like QV had a year or two ago. If 9349's at Ulmer, maybe some of the 1996s are being sent to depots with space and/or skill to fix them up--might see a couple at Quill if we're lucky.

With all them old buses at that Depot I can imagine a whole lot of them RTS's have that AC problem. They were suppose to be retired all in 2012 and 2013. I caught one RTS yesterday on the Q23 but all this week so far I caught only Orion VII NG's on the Q23 and that is from riding it in the morning and afternoon.

ha if orion was still in business they should just make it an all hybrid depot like MHV. but there is supposed rumors that artics could be coming to lga