MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah basically the D60HFs are bumping the RTSes to Far Rockaway at this time even though they are "technically" JFK, they are assigned to Far Rockaway.

Really? I saw them and a bunch of JFK OGs running on the Q35 last weekend but I thought that was just JFK doing trippers because of the crowds.

And those RTS were supposed to go to LGA and not FR, interesting...

What is up with all these crazy moves? I never expected a 1999 RTS to ever go to MTA bus, btw 5218 was on the Q23 and I rode it. Why couldn't JFK lose their RTS's to LGA I thought those D60HF's were bumping the 1996 RTS's to other depots such as LGA? What is up with 1999-2000 MCI's going to CP don't they have a whole bunch of MCI's as it is? I guessing since 590-599 and 600-606 returned to CP I'm guessing that they are there because for services increases or maybe a line from LGA is finally being moved to CP.

Keep in mind we are in the summer pick (till Labor Day).  School is closed.  Many depots need fewer buses to make service, yet some depots with lots of old stuff will have a hard time keeping them on the road, especially air conditioning.  There will be some temporary shuffling around.

Keep in mind we are in the summer pick (till Labor Day).  School is closed.  Many depots need fewer buses to make service, yet some depots with lots of old stuff will have a hard time keeping them on the road, especially air conditioning.  There will be some temporary shuffling around.

Best statement I've heard in a while. Thank you Bill!

4897 on the B64 with MJQ stickers and a Manhattan Map

That bus has been back for about 3 weeks now almost a month along with 4898.

Wonder why so many younger units are pending scrapping... 6000-series Orion 5s, Orion 7 CNGs... what's next???

An Xcelsior..

Wonder why so many younger units are pending scrapping... 6000-series Orion 5s, Orion 7 CNGs... what's next???

Two completely different situations. One bus had a strange accident that caused one of the main beams to bend (7729). The other is one of the 50 or so buses that had its electrical system severely damaged by flood waters during the storm. It was brought back to life only to find out a couple months down the line that those same salty storm waters have rusted the rear framework of the bus beyond repair.

Were most of those 50 young or older buses?

All were 6000 series Orion V's. And I wasn't saying that they are all getting scrapped early (although they do have the potential, give the particular effected area). They all got soaked with that salt water and had several multiplex modules starting to rot (rust/corrode) from the inside, out.

All were 6000 series Orion V's. And I wasn't saying that they are all getting scrapped early (although they do have the potential, give the particular effected area). They all got soaked with that salt water and had several multiplex modules starting to rot (rust/corrode) from the inside, out.

Wow, damn... hope the MTA fixes the Sandy Orion 5s, but if they don't, do notify us with more helpful info man!

Wow, damn... hope the MTA fixes the Sandy Orion 5s, but if they don't, do notify us with more helpful info man!

All of the electrical problems were fixed using modified parts sourced from scrapped RTS's. The frame rot in the other hand, is coming in slowly but surely. Most of the buses with that issue can be repaired, as long as it is caught right away. 6112 was the first bus that I've seen where they are saying that they can't do anything about it.

Was it true what I read a few pages ago that 6798 is at Flatbush Depot? Also, does anyone know if Grand Avenue still have those 05s that they had to fix or did they return to their "appropriate" depots?

Another question, why did Gleason lose 320-324 to WF? First they lost 260-265, and now they lost they are losing their 300s. JG is short, for Goodness Sakes!!!!

Wow must you really say that?

Hey we all thought the hybrids wouldn't catch fire when they first came & well it happened..

Not happening.. Why would they fix buses that are already 14-16 years old & got rotted & rusted away. They're bound to get rid of them. I saw 6252 during the storm it was out in Coney Island, they tried using it to get the officers out of the 60 pct & the bus got flooded with water.

Was it true what I read a few pages ago that 6798 is at Flatbush Depot? Also, does anyone know if Grand Avenue still have those 05s that they had to fix or did they return to their "appropriate" depots?

Another question, why did Gleason lose 320-324 to WF? First they lost 260-265, and now they lost they are losing their 300s. JG is short, for Goodness Sakes!!!!

260-265 were given back to Jackie Gleason and they sent 320-324 to West Farms in exchange.

Who says they're short?  They need a given number of buses to make full rush hour service/score.  They have spares.  With all the new buses they have, one would think they need fewer spares than a depot with lots of older buses. Are you charging JG of not being able to cover their scheduled runs?