MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

What does GA have to do with this? Lol this is JA - UP thing going on. Well QV is just suppose to be taking 9390-9405 (Suppose) to be I don't know if things will change.

Ok "Ciboii22", then your theory makes sense. Looks like it's a three-way swap with Ulmer Park. With the way this is looking, then it looks like that Jamaica would get the #4453-4482 series from Jamaica and #9390-9404 from Ulmer Park...that equals 45.

Ulmer Park would get 1/3 of Jamaica's 45 4900s (4925-4944...IF the MTA follows that order).

However, you're right though...it's a "wait and see" situation.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok "Ciboii22", then your theory makes sense. Looks like it's a three-way swap with Ulmer Park. With the way this is looking, then it looks like that Jamaica would get the #4453-4482 series from Jamaica and #9390-9404 from Ulmer Park...that equals 45.

Ulmer Park would get 1/3 of Jamaica's 45 4900s (4925-4944...IF the MTA follows that order).

However, you're right though...it's a "wait and see" situation.

Well I heard 4901 is here.. I don't think they will go by #. It will go randomly.. And QV is getting 9390-9405 not Jamaica.. I was already told buy a guy who works with the DOB downstairs at UP. Plus it's obvious is how they're gonna work it.

Well I heard 4901 is here.. I don't think they will go by #. It will go randomly.. And QV is getting 9390-9405 not Jamaica.. I was already told buy a guy who works with the DOB downstairs at UP. Plus it's obvious is how they're gonna work it.

Damn...see what happens when I type to first. I meant TO Queens Village from Jamaica and Ulmer Park. 

According to Subchat... 6316 seen in service on B45... Looks like ENY is getting 05's now too

These moves are getting crazier and crazier...

Now something else isn't adding up to me with these moves

If Jamaica is set to lose 1/3 of 49xx's to UP and 44xx's to QV to only be receiving 80xx's in return aren't they gonna be short ?

According to Subchat... 6316 seen in service on B45... Looks like ENY is getting 05's now too

These moves are getting crazier and crazier...

Now something else isn't adding up to me with these moves

If Jamaica is set to lose 1/3 of 49xx's to UP and 44xx's to QV to only be receiving 80xx's in return aren't they gonna be short ?

And of course, they always jack our information.

I am a BusOP myself, but I must ask why are some of you so interested in a single bus move? I understand in some like RTS back to Staten island, but I don't get the fascination of say a hybrid for a hybrid or RTS for RTS

For most(including myself), it's like you see something different on a route you don't see them on. You don't see any of the Next Gen Hybrids on the Q1, Q2, Q36 and so on out of QV nor do you see LFSs on the Q17, Q85, Q5 and so on from Jamaica, or Orion Vs in any of the Brooklyn depots. 

Like a few years back I think in 2009 when Yukon had their EXP bus shortage, they ran NG Hybrids on the x17 variants.

As for the regular RTS to RTS and Hybrid to Hybrid moves, well, it kinda indicates a bit of change in terms of the fleet numbers, like say 4000 series RTSs at Ulmer Park, 4500 series Hybrids to Fresh Pond and such like that.

Edited by Cait Sith

This is what I've gathered so far from this thread:

Grand Avenue:

6097, 6169, 6280, 6292, 6338, 6348

East New York:

Don't know about ENY, But GA has at least 10 V's now. 6297-6298 are now at Grand.

Also, does anyone know which depot the new B32 will run out of? If it is grand avenue, wouldn't that require extra buses, thus possibly allowing GA to receive a little over twenty Orion V's?

Edited by Micstromme

Don't know about ENY, But GA has at least 10 V's now. 6297-6298 are now at Grand.

Also, does anyone know which depot the new B32 will run out of? If it is grand avenue, wouldn't that require extra buses, thus possibly allowing GA to receive a little over twenty Orion V's?

The B32 is coming out of Grand...all interlined trips with the B62 (go figure lol) and the B38