MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the history lesson but I live in Queens and take QV, JFK, JA, CP, BP, CS route often. I am quite familiar with the changes that occurred in Queens. I'm not going to sit here and speculate anything because some folks don't take kindly to that. But we can tell that the RTS are holding up much better than the Orion V's. Well that's my 2 cents.

I live in Queens as well hence the handle "JFK Depot,.. Walking distance from that particular depot and I do frequent Parsons Archer like I'm sure you do

So I see the same things you see

Just to put that out there

9442 and 9495 are the MV RTSes, still in regular service. 

UP is running fewer than 10 1997s a day, and CS's O5 fleet is just decimated as of late. Need to get an updated scrap list on my hands, cause those depots are emptying shop.

4986, 4988-4989 EN to UP.

9584 UP to FP.

6346 CA to CS.

6262 to Eastchester scrap.

4614 back at FB after MJQ demonstration.

UP is running fewer than 10 1997s a day, and CS's O5 fleet is just decimated as of late. Need to get an updated scrap list on my hands, cause those depots are emptying shop.

there's a scrap list thread just to give you a heads up but yeah, from what I've seen, Ulmer Park is throwing out their 1997 RTS and so is Castleton with their 05s

Edited by Calvin

Does this mean that Staten Island will be sending back Orion V's and taking the New Flyers?

no, Staten Island's new buses will be all Novas. The ones sent to Stengel is there until a new flyer comes in. 

* Also: 8258 is at Yukon Depot. It's doing testing at this time

Edited by Calvin

When did 4983 leave ENY to WF? [Just saw that bus on Monday & Tuesday in Brooklyn]

it moved to its new home in the Bronx 2-3 weeks ago with 4997

and 5012 is still at Flatbush at this time

Edited by Calvin

9442 and 9495 are the MV RTSes, still in regular service.

4986, 4988-4989 EN to UP.

9584 UP to FP.

6346 CA to CS.

6262 to Eastchester scrap.

4614 back at FB after MJQ demonstration.

I remember when 6262 was at CS used to pop up all the time on the Q28