MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

Part of me wishes the Nova LFS new assignments were released now.

I'm guessing that CH starts with 8125, CA begins with 8184, then YU with 8257. This might mean.......

8125-8183 will be at CH

8184-8256 is at CA

8257-somewhere in the 8300's I guess will be Yus.

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of me wishes the Nova LFS new assignments were released now.

I'm guessing that CH starts with 8125, CA begins with 8184, then YU with 8257. This might mean.......

8125-8183 will be at CH

8184-8256 is at CA

8257-somewhere in the 8300's I guess will be

8302, so after that i quess queens will get?

also the be 38 ng 's leaving ch, whitch god replace the 38 orion 5's  in the bronx. thus there may mot be an amediate need for the new nova's. don't foget there are addditional option on both orders 280+ xd40's ans 120+ nova"s . orders to commence after new years.

=
+

You know, sometimes bus movements take time...planning...seeing what could POSSIBLY be swapped. I mean SOME of you act like #8090-8119 was suppose to race over to Jamaica overnight. Get a grip!

Remember the swap between Queens Village (LFS) and Jamaica (NG #4400s)? Someone posted the news on the forums and then the swap began what...two to three weeks later?

I'd say give it time. Could be a few weeks before we see something. 

Yea I agreed with bro, it could even happen months from now we never may known until it happens.

ENY only have 24-28 RTSes left, The last Brooklyn Depot with RTS might be Flatbush.

also the be 38 ng 's leaving ch, whitch god replace the 38 orion 5's in the bronx. thus there may mot be an amediate need for the new nova's. don't foget there are addditional option on both orders 280+ xd40's ans 120+ nova"s . orders to commence after new years.

First off. Get the grammar corrected like ASAP!

Secondly. Anything that usually leaves Staten Island division ends up in Brooklyn. If those NG's leave. Expect for them to head over to Flatbush, East New York or Grand Avenue.

Option orders haven't been established yet. No predictions unless there's a valid source to that.

=

+

Queens might be last to get the new LFSs. The Bronx will probably be next since they want those Orion Vs gone.

The way this order looks and priority for those Orion V's gone... Queens just might be last... Jamaica as much as they need those Novas will have to wait alil while longer while they assort this Orion V problem

And the fact that Jamaica does well with keeping RTS on the road helps the situation right now so for now they will continue to get dumped on until this Orion issue is fixed...

On another note... Arent ALL ofJamaica's 4600s suppose to go CS ?

I'm guessing they had to slow that swap down due to the fact they probably had NO RTS to send BACK to Jamaica for NGs

also the be 38 ng 's leaving ch, whitch god replace the 38 orion 5's in the bronx. thus there may mot be an amediate need for the new nova's. don't foget there are addditional option on both orders 280+ xd40's ans 120+ nova"s . orders to commence after new years.

First off. Get the grammar corrected like ASAP!

Secondly. Anything that usually leaves Staten Island division ends up in Brooklyn. If those NG's leave. Expect for them to head over to Flatbush, East New York or Grand Avenue.

Option orders haven't been established yet. No predictions unless there's a valid source to that.

Edited by East New York, 27 July 2015 - 09:12 PM.

252 New Flyer XD40's, with Cummins/Allison, Luminator Spectrum front signs, Titan side and rear.

168 NovaBus LFS', with Cummins/ZF, Axion signs (NOT Spectrums)

Delivery schedule for these options also confirmed.

Pilots/Lead buses Q1 2016

60 buses Q2 2016

120 buses Q3 2016

220 buses Q4 2016

=

+

Queens Village is suppose to get about 23 LFS's . Jamaica still has the 2nd part of the order so I believe Queens is going to get a little something. Jamaica or QV might get those 4600 NG's that Jamaica lost to Casey Stengel.

Here's alil history on Queens NGs

Jamaica started out with 4400s and 4600s

This around the time QV had demos of LFS 3G and XDs

When the XDs and 3Gs left

Jamaica sent over the 4400s and kept the newer 4600s

(Mind you Jamaica NEVER wanted Orion's to begin with but had NO choice but to take them for the time being)

That brings us to the current day

The Orion V's are dropping like flies and because Casey Stengel had an abundance of them

It made sense for Jamaica to send over the 4600s permanently instead of the daily run ons they were doing

So right NOW it seems as if priority is given to Garages with Orion V's over RTSs at the moment

And being that Jamaica is good with RTS they can wait alil longer while TA sorts out this Orion issue

But moving forward trust Jamaica will receive LFS's

I wouldn't be surprised if they did send that earlier order that was taken from them and sent to ENY...

Someway somehow I feel that later order might be tapped into and 8090-8125 or whatever that last bus is will go back to Jamaica

And ENY will end up with 8300s and 8400s smh

Here's alil history on Queens NGs

Jamaica started out with 4400s and 4600s

This around the time QV had demos of LFS 3G and XDs

When the XDs and 3Gs left

Jamaica sent over the 4400s and kept the newer 4600s

(Mind you Jamaica NEVER wanted Orion's to begin with but had NO choice but to take them for the time being)

That brings us to the current day

The Orion V's are dropping like flies and because Casey Stengel had an abundance of them

It made sense for Jamaica to send over the 4600s permanently instead of the daily run ons they were doing

So right NOW it seems as if priority is given to Garages with Orion V's over RTSs at the moment

And being that Jamaica is good with RTS they can wait alil longer while TA sorts out this Orion issue

But moving forward trust Jamaica will receive LFS's

I wouldn't be surprised if they did send that earlier order that was taken from them and sent to ENY...

Someway somehow I feel that later order might be tapped into and 8090-8125 or whatever that last bus is will go back to Jamaica

And ENY will end up with 8300s and 8400s smh

Thank you for the history lesson but I live in Queens and take QV, JFK, JA, CP, BP, CS route often. I am quite familiar with the changes that occurred in Queens. I'm not going to sit here and speculate anything because some folks don't take kindly to that. But we can tell that the RTS are holding up much better than the Orion V's. Well that's my 2 cents.

Thank you for the history lesson but I live in Queens and take QV, JFK, JA, CP, BP, CS route often. I am quite familiar with the changes that occurred in Queens. I'm not going to sit here and speculate anything because some folks don't take kindly to that. But we can tell that the RTS are holding up much better than the Orion V's. Well that's my 2 cents.

#FACTSONLY.