MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

Sometimes the depot stickers mean nothing. Remember when ENY ran that Orion V for one day? They slapped their own sticker on it and it got shipped out the very next day.

Yeah I remember that story.

I get it. It's kind of hard to tell if SI has moved their buses around the island or not. The only buses that we know are definitely staying in their depots are the Orions, and even so it can still be possible to swap them around at times, although unlikely since we know Castleton is picky with its local fleet.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know...since school is now in session, buses can be moved for trippers and possibly be assigned to that depot. So it's not out of the question that #8300-8301 COULD very well be Charleston buses.

I wouldn't say anything until the buses get decals on them. The one thing that I learned in Staten Island is that all the depots love to lend to Charleston, as well as each other (CA and YU).

As of right now 8300, and 8301 are assigned to CH.

It was supposed to happen after buses from the option order came in. Since the options will likely not be exercised any time soon, or even at all, they will probably be in my borough for a bit longer. After the fleet review is complete and MTA orders new buses, I would expect them to go back. But since nothing is solid right now, and all types of moves and transfers are on the horizon we just have to wait and see.

For the roster, aren't all of the new LFS' 2015 models?

For model year for all of them are 2015's. For build year (actual date of manufacture) they are 2015's and 2016's.

The original 8090-8093 were 2014 models.

According to the MTA and Nova the buses are as follows:

8090-8230  2015

8231-8503  2016

Edited by East New York

For model year for all of them are 2015's. For build year (actual date of manufacture) they are 2015's and 2016's.

The original 8090-8093 were 2014 models.

According to the MTA and Nova the buses are as follows:

8090-8230  2015

8231-8503  2016

And that's the information I needed for the roster - as it's based off of the model year, not the build year. I'll do all the corrections now.

So after consulting with ENY about this model year/build year dilemma - I've decided to go with model year exclusively for the depot roster. A fleet roster will be created to distinguish model and build years, as well as provide more in-depth information on the fleet as a whole.

For now, the depot roster is updated - the information above that ENY posted is the internal roster information on the buses - the model year on the rosters is based solely on the spec sheets, which ENY clarified with me.

Thank you ENY for the help, and as stated - the depot roster is updated. When the fleet roster is finished, I'll post it up. The NJT and SCT rosters of course will be finished first. Some wacky stuff going on with the coding, hence the delay.

https://sites.google.com/site/nycbuses/home

So after consulting with ENY about this model year/build year dilemma - I've decided to go with model year exclusively for the depot roster. A fleet roster will be created to distinguish model and build years, as well as provide more in-depth information on the fleet as a whole.

For now, the depot roster is updated - the information above that ENY posted is the internal roster information on the buses - the model year on the rosters is based solely on the spec sheets, which ENY clarified with me.

Thank you ENY for the help, and as stated - the depot roster is updated. When the fleet roster is finished, I'll post it up. The NJT and SCT rosters of course will be finished first. Some wacky stuff going on with the coding, hence the delay.

https://sites.google.com/site/nycbuses/home

One minor mod. 9383 and 9672 are not at WF. They are at FP. Haven't been out since early august, but they are assigned there.