I love it when people try to get on a crowded bus.

Joel Up Front

I really do love it. Can people NOT f**king see through the windows that there is no room?

And at the same time, while I had a seat on the crowded N16 (as it always is), the bus operator held the bus twice, thinking people hadn't moved back...

And sometimes, they don't. Here's some life advice: Move the f**k back to the bus if it's SRO. Don't f**king stop in the middle of the goddamned aisle so you can talk to your friend - that's why cell phones have keyboards now. Text them, call them, just move back so we can all get to Hempstead and heads don't have to be knocked and operators don't get any more pissed than they already have.

At least when I finally got to Franklin Avenue, I only had to wait 3 minutes for an N25.

The N16 operates between Baldwin and Garden City. Of which, you're waiting 30 minutes for a bus that actually goes between those two points (Every 10-20 minutes between Baldwin/Garden City and Hempstead). That's a long wait for someone who has to go to work/school/somewhere in a situation where time is of the essence. Im sure the last thing they would want to do is to crowd on the bus and disturb your ride, but waiting for a bus 10-30 minutes down the line isn't a better option.

And at the same time, while I had a seat on the crowded N16 (as it always is), the bus operator held the bus twice, thinking people hadn't moved back...

And sometimes, they don't.

"Sometimes"?

Of course, the people who crowd up front and refuse to move even when there are empty seats in the back are also the first to complain that "they need to add more service." Maybe "they" need to add service at the front of the bus and CUT service at the back of the bus!

\People won't learn for sh9t. The bus can be as crowded then ever, but when the bus leaves u see a BUNCH of space in the back. Sometimes people would enter thru the back and farebeat because of the amount of space taking.

Even on a damn New Flyer D60 room is found in the center and back and people are lazy a9ses and dont WANT to move. Bus operator at times cares less. But when the supervisor is around he or she has to force everyone to move back..

People still violate the rule about standing infront of the white line is prohibited and a lot of B/os don't care.

When it comes to a crowded bus, i ether squeeze thru the back or ask the b/o if i can enter thru the rear door after paying and he/she lets me.

People with large items should also be blamed for this and placing objects in the center isles of the bus, open strollers.. YES ive seen open strollers and its disallowed, but a small number of b/o just doesn't care.

I think an assistance B/o should be use to help enforce rules within the bus as a lot of times the single b/o can't do much..

The N16 operates between Baldwin and Garden City. Of which, you're waiting 30 minutes for a bus that actually goes between those two points (Every 10-20 minutes between Baldwin/Garden City and Hempstead). That's a long wait for someone who has to go to work/school/somewhere in a situation where time is of the essence. Im sure the last thing they would want to do is to crowd on the bus and disturb your ride, but waiting for a bus 10-30 minutes down the line isn't a better option.

Funny enough, when the bus got crowded by Nassau's bookstore, an N16 to Baldwin somehow crept up behind the N43 going to RF. I didn't see it either and I was tempted to ask the bus operator if there really was another N16 behind her, but didn't want to lose my seat...

"Sometimes"?

Of course, the people who crowd up front and refuse to move even when there are empty seats in the back are also the first to complain that "they need to add more service." Maybe "they" need to add service at the front of the bus and CUT service at the back of the bus!

I wish my fellow NCC students could learn that standing for 10 minutes is better than missing that N16 and not take the handicapped seats away from people that really need them. But no, they decide to sit down, curse at the B/O when they hit the stop strip and don't get up until the bus operator thinks they're gone and closes the doors, and then when we finally reach Hempstead, watch as their N6 backs out the bay, just as packed as the N16 they were just on. In the mean time, I put on my imaginary troll face mask and get on that N31/32.

What I do to avoid things like this are just take an alternative bus route if take the next bus if there is one right behind it.

But you're right; It is pretty retarded when passengers clearly see empty seats and still refuse to move. It's common sense.

Some people that board empty buses move towards the back. God bless them.

If an N43 bound for Freeport comes by, I get on. It might be packed coming out of the college, but it will empty out as it goes down Uniondale Avenue and is pretty much deserted at the last stop before the LIRR station! It's worth taking an extra 20 minutes to get to the next bus, because N4s start out empty from the station. Also, if I get hungry or thirsty while on the 43, I just run into the little store and get some goodies. Sadly enough, the well kept waiting room and bathrooms close HOURS BEFORE I GET OUT.

\People won't learn for sh9t. The bus can be as crowded then ever, but when the bus leaves u see a BUNCH of space in the back. Sometimes people would enter thru the back and farebeat because of the amount of space taking.

Even on a damn New Flyer D60 room is found in the center and back and people are lazy a9ses and dont WANT to move. Bus operator at times cares less. But when the supervisor is around he or she has to force everyone to move back..

People still violate the rule about standing infront of the white line is prohibited and a lot of B/os don't care.

When it comes to a crowded bus, i ether squeeze thru the back or ask the b/o if i can enter thru the rear door after paying and he/she lets me.

People with large items should also be blamed for this and placing objects in the center isles of the bus, open strollers.. YES ive seen open strollers and its disallowed, but a small number of b/o just doesn't care.

I think an assistance B/o should be use to help enforce rules within the bus as a lot of times the single b/o can't do much..

One woman took up the THREE FRONT SEATS with herself, her baby on her lap... and her baby stroller taking up the other two seats.

I suppose bus operators won't learn until s/he has to make a sudden stop and someone hits the windshield or farebox and gets this huge gash on their head. If a bus operator does adhere to that rule, passengers get pissed. Those that do adhere to the rule are awesome as they all just shrug the cursing off their shoulders that follows from people that could have stood in front of the line. Those DD50G engines help with that.

If the bus runs every 20 minutes, I'll be damned if I wait for the next one, even if it means strapping me onto the roof.

Even if they could, I don't think you'd want to be anywhere NEAR a giant 20 foot CNG tank. Shit reeks on the Orion Vs.

Oh yeah, it can't reek as bad as having Andre the f**king Giant and his fat ass in front of you. It's like having two people taped on each other, front to back. His ass was in front of me the entire ride and I wanted to give him a little hint that he stank like what was in my f**king face, but I didn't want to cause a situation because I do value the structural integrity of my skeleton, which it appears he could smack right out of me. When it came time to get off at Hempstead, he held up everyone behind him (and he was not even 5 feet behind the yellow line) because he walked so damn slow. I swear that I was thanking God with every inhale I took of clean air waiting to get on that N32.

Happened to me recently on the B6. The bus I got on was probably the leader and caused the other buses to be backed up. I didn't take a chance on waiting and just got on this first bus. By the time it gets to Nostrand - it was packed. It also didn't help it was a local. So getting off meant a delay so others by the doors had to get off and get back in. And on top of all this the b/o kept telling ppl to get on the next bus. And then with the additional riders, he refused to move the bus till ppl moved to the back.

I think overall, I was delayed an extra 15 min.

Happened to me recently on the B6. The bus I got on was probably the leader and caused the other buses to be backed up. I didn't take a chance on waiting and just got on this first bus. By the time it gets to Nostrand - it was packed. It also didn't help it was a local. So getting off meant a delay so others by the doors had to get off and get back in. And on top of all this the b/o kept telling ppl to get on the next bus. And then with the additional riders, he refused to move the bus till ppl moved to the back.

I think overall, I was delayed an extra 15 min.

The B6 is murder during the morning rush. All of those Midwood High kids jam those buses up. And the shaky scheduling does not help.

Well unfortunately I can't blame this on those kids. I was going the opposite direction during the PM rush. But damn, that place is friggin packed when school lets out. How many kids go there?

A LOT, and mix that in with the Brooklyn College crowd.

The B6 is the second-busiest route in Brooklyn (and fourth in the system behind the Bx12, M15, and B46); only the B46 is busier in Brooklyn.

LOL.

i went to midwood, CSI, and brooklyn college... so i am pretty much traumatized when it comes to buses. :(

The S93 is no joke...you should see the line of kids that wait along Fourth Avenue and 87th Street at seven in the morning.

I really do love it. Can people NOT f**king see through the windows that there is no room?

And sometimes, they don't. Here's some life advice: Move the f**k back to the bus if it's SRO. Don't f**king stop in the middle of the goddamned aisle so you can talk to your friend - that's why cell phones have keyboards now. Text them, call them, just move back so we can all get to Hempstead and heads don't have to be knocked and operators don't get any more pissed than they already have.

At least when I finally got to Franklin Avenue, I only had to wait 3 minutes for an N25.

i say this all the time. do people not see i have no more room.

i load no one in front of the yellow line. but if you want to get techincal the buses says standee's 11.. now what if a bus passes u with just 11 people standing...they cant do anything about it.

I read a quote saying the M15 was the busiest bus route in america

The M15 got dethroned by the B46 [scroll down for it]

Thankfully, I don't experience this too often. I generally don't ride the B8 or B44 during Rush Hour when they'd be most crowded. Rarely, I'll have to ride the B6 or B35 somewhere, so it's not like I never experiece it...

Truthfully, the way the buses are run is the exact reason why I purchased a car. Whether it's riding on a crowded bus with men who spread their legs like they're in a damn gynecologist's office, or waiting 30 minutes then having four buses show up at once, or missing a connection by seconds then having to wait 20 minutes for the next one, or by having to listen to everyone's cell phone conversations, etc.

I'm not dealing with that s*** anymore. No way. Trains I can deal with every now and then, but never on weekends.

If you're looking for intelligence out of bus riders you're going to have a long wait.

With that said, you're preaching to the choir, we know all that.

However, I dare you to make that life advice announcement to them on the bus the next time you come across that situation!

With a bus running on (whatever you consider) high headways, you do what you have to do...

The sarcasm in the thread title is acknowledged, but really, the only people who really love crowded buses are pick pockets (you would think the TA does too, but they could give two shits as to who uses their service).... Of course the average commuter would rather embark upon an empt(ier) bus...

My rule is, any bus running higher than 1/2 hour headways (inclusive), I won't wait for the next bus for.... if that bus is crowded as all hell, I'm going to get on... b/c chances are, if a bus on a route is scheduled to arrive w/ that low a frequency, you really don't know how many more minutes (past that 1/2 hour) you're gonna be waiting for that next bus....

^ In english, you can end up waiting like 45+ minutes for a bus that runs on 1/2 hour headways.. waiting 30 is enough, having to wait 15+ minutes more for that bus is nothing short of frustrating IMO....

OTOH, a route I know that runs on low headways, I don't ever bother to cram on a crowded bus on that route.... that's one good thing about bus routes here in the city....

For me, it all depends on whether or not I'm in a hurry. If I am running late to school, I will take the first bus I see, even if there is another bus behind it (in the short section that I do ride, there is no place for the buses to pass, so whatever comes to the bus stop first will get me to my destination first).

When I have someplace to go, but I have some time, I'll only let the bus pass if I know the next one will be coming in 10 minutes or less.

If the bus runs on over 15 minute headways, I'm getting on, regardless of how crowded it is, even if I'm not in a hurry.

Let me kick the science on ya'll

(1) That line supports A Rule that the Bus Op will get hung if and only if someone busts that ass in front of it so I will announce to move back now for those of you who remember my post that I made on my Rikers Is. bus thing ,I had to go the back and get them to move (Not Recmmd) but it had to be done cuz no one was moving and I wanted to get out of there.

Now I was on the Bx19 and that joint was packed and these kids around

Ansterdam wouldn't move back until I yelled at them to move again (Not Recmmd/ but the bus op wouldn't mve so it took another bus op (Me)

To get it poppin' .

Look you peeps gotta move back as far as you can and do not get in front of that Line (White) .

20 minute headways well get to the line earlier then .

(W)hen I did the <Q>65 in the Mornings ,Those kids at Jamaica/160 would pack in and not move so I was and still am (S)trict so I made the Dispatcher close me up ,kids was not in front of the White line.

PS I have two vehicles and look I still deal with packed buses even as A Pass.

Archived