R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

Reminds me of how several R42s (4680-1, 4714-5, 4766-7) were scrapped in the '80s before the GOH even began.  Word is they were already revenue inactive in the '70s so seeing how that wasn't even 10 years into their lifespan, I'm betting it was structural defects... 

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an update from Javier via email:

"3015-3017 have completed all of their water, vibration and vertical stability tests, and are 90% complete. 3018 is still having major shell design problems (at this point they may have to scrap it.) 3019 is still experiencing power issues, they may need to rebuild the whole entire car circuit. 3015 I have no word on yet except that it passed everything and is 90% complete, so I'll see where that gets us."

It seems as if that there are still major problems. Remember, this is only the second five-car set. If they are working on other cars now then they might have the same problem. If they are not, that means that they are way behind schedule. This should get into the newspapers. This is getting ridiculous. These cars were supposed to be delivered by mid-September, two months ago.

He wanted me to post this.

I know, I have lied about some things in the past, but I swear the information on the 179's and AAS programs are true. I still honestly don't know why I was banned, I've had good forum etiquette since I joined. Sure, I've had a rough past on the forms before but still, don't you think everyone deserves a second chance?