R179 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah seriously, stop with the usual "the (C) needs an upgrade badly!" thing. It's getting to the point where its old and becomes really annoying. When the newer trains arrive, great. But right now, we have another two more years to wait until July 2015 (expected) when the R179s are finally placed into revenue service. Until then of course, I'm just going to enjoy the older R32 and R42 car types.

EDIT: That said, let's just get back on topic and wait until news are mention about the R179 trains themselves.

Edited by RollOverMyHead

You know I just have to say this. If you have problem with someone on this forum take it somewhere else not around here. This forum isn't the place to settle your personal beefs with someone just cause they did or said something in the past that pissed you off. Agreed with Metro CSW let's try to get back on topic.

You know I just have to say this. If you have problem with someone on this forum take it somewhere else not around here. This forum isn't the place to settle your personal beefs with someone just cause they did or said something in the past that pissed you off. Agreed with Metro CSW let's try to get back on topic.

Thank you. ^_^ Next!!!

I hope the r32's will stick around for a year or so when these trains come into service.

They'll probably be around until the last of the 179s are in revenue service, which is supposedly sometime in 2017.

I don't know why that R160 order wasn't extended enough to replace the R42's and leave the R32's. I don't really see the F train getting any R179's. Most likely the 5 car sets will go to A. If you think about it doesn't make sense to have the R46,R160 and R179 because the R Train will still be 100% R46.

It was. Originally, the 160 order was to replace anything older than the 44s. With the premature retirement of the 44s, the scrapping of the 32s and 42s was put on hold in order to avert a massive car shortage in the B Division.

after the R32 SMS is over the R42's fate will be decided, rerember guys the (MTA) was supposed to order 64 R160A-1 Option II cars but instead they went the cheap way and orderd 32 (very stupid move) if they would have done that the R42's would have been gone, the reason why the R42's are still here is because of the (M) due to the (M) using a total of atleast 19 trainsets (i could be wrong) and the (J) and (Z) needing cars, however the R42's can still retire way before the R179 even comes due to the amount of R32's, once the SMS is over they will decide if the (C) would need less spares and if the R42's can be replaced, i don't wanna hear oh they can't get rid of the R42's, because they can, they aren't even taking care of them at all, they went from no breakdowns to breakdowns every 28,000 miles

after the R32 SMS is over the R42's fate will be decided, rerember guys the (MTA) was supposed to order 64 R160A-1 Option II cars but instead they went the cheap way and orderd 32 (very stupid move) if they would have done that the R42's would have been gone, the reason why the R42's are still here is because of the (M) due to the (M) using a total of atleast 19 trainsets (i could be wrong) and the (J) and (Z) needing cars, however the R42's can still retire way before the R179 even comes due to the amount of R32's, once the SMS is over they will decide if the (C) would need less spares and if the R42's can be replaced, i don't wanna hear oh they can't get rid of the R42's, because they can, they aren't even taking care of them at all, they went from no breakdowns to breakdowns every 28,000 miles

The reason why it had no breakdowns was because they only run twice a day, so they didn't hit the 28K mark.