Introducing The New Flyer XN60

East New York

Looks good, but that bus is HUGE! 60 feet and probably close to 12 feet tall! [Considering the non-CNG D60HFs were 11 feet tall.] That thing has got to be 25 tons dry, which is just enormous.

Any case, we'll have to see how things play out. Maybe we'll see one of those one day!

Actually the Xcelsior series weighs less, and is more fuel efficient than almost all other conventional transit buses. New Flyer plans to rival every other bus manufacturer out there with this series. They want to be #1, and they don't plan on stopping until they are! IMO, the X-Series are some bad ass buses! Hands down! The pioneer of low-floor's is definitely trying to reclaim the thrown.

DAYUM!!!!!!!! That bus is sick!!!! I'm loving this! I have to ask you ENY, what are you trying to tell us with this picture? Is this something that is coming to the (MTA) real soon? Mmmmm.

Lol!! I was waiting on that one!! Let's just say it is a possibility in the future...... Nothing has been confirmed as of right now. Yet, If New Flyer has their way in the matter, the answer is 200% YES!!!:cool:

So you do the math!:)

Lol!! I was waiting on that one!! Let's just say it is a possibility in the future...... Nothing has been confirmed as of right now. Yet, If New Flyer has their way in the matter, the answer is 200% YES!!!:cool:

So you do the math!:)

Well I can definately see these at West Farms, College Point and Jackie Gleason in the next few years. Lets hope that New Flyer gets their way! Lol

I just wish New Flyer would make the CNG tank covers more aerodynamic.... look at the old C40s. Nice buses, yes, but the CNG tank just looks awful compared to how they're mounted on the Orions.

I still love the C40LFRs.

I like the tank covers on our C40s. They look like they're built like tanks up close... Looks very protected. I think I'd take protection over fanciness when it comes to something like a compressed natural gas tank...

Something else that wasn't mentioned before is this bus may be to compete with NABI since up until this point they were the only ones to build a CNG Artic.

Before NABI came out with their CNG artic, Neoplan built 45(44 revenue buses + 1 training bus) CNG artics for the MBTA. However, the development the CNG artic along with several other ventures caused them to go out of business.

That bus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any CNG bus

This thing is hot!! And is New Flyer related to Volvo? That name...XC70, etc.

Nah, the designations for the Xcelsiors just make it seem like that.

X = Xcelsior Model

C = CNG

60 = 60ft

Just like how 0058 is the XDE40. Volvo actually owns NovaBus and Prevost.

This bus is slick. It'll win in the arctic department but it can't beat the current CNGs when it comes to noisemaking. :)

to my knowledge there isnt any more pictures of the XC60, to be honest i thought it was just photoshop when i first saw the photo

New Flyer Industries has exceld so much ever since production of their 2001 New Flyer D60LF, from their sluggish S50 to the 2008-2009 D60LF model's with Cummins, and to add to NFI successful fleet they created the LFR model's followed by the Xcelsior, NFI is soon to become ( most likely ) MTA's sole provider of buses ( once the Orion's start retiring )

I wish... but not with the 40 of the last NGs from Orion rolling in. The last time the fleet had any diversity was probably the early 1990s.

It's much more cost effective to sole source equipment when operating a fleet LIB's size.

Something else that wasn't mentioned before is this bus may be to compete with NABI since up until this point they were the only ones to build a CNG Artic.

You are correct. It is in direct competition with NABI, however to date, all quotes made have been less than NABI. So they better watch out, because New Flyer is not playing!

whoa thats nice got anymore pictures:o

I'm trying to get my hands on them! This one was actually emailed to me a couple days ago, but I've been really busy.

Archived