SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://jpwright.net/subway/

Have fun at it guys, it's pretty addicting.

Now if someone could only reup the R160 FIND creator lmao.

Lmao if only... Gotta say, this game is pretty good.

How do you get it to work? What do you click on?

When I try to click a start from map, the text is highlighted. I have been waiting for something like this, so a response would be appreciated. By the way my sister made a bookmark for an image of the cutest pumpkin.

28067394724_f0ce5e3a0d_b.jpgScreen Shot 2016-07-31 at 7.31.42 PM by spicker613, on Flickr

Try right-clicking and opening it in another tab or using a different browser.

The Q70 was implemented to become a BRT route, so SBS for that line was already going to happen.

As for the (Q) express, I feel like the Brooklyn part of the route doesn't need to be express, and for the Astoria part, are you suggesting peak express service (AM rush it runs express to Manhattan and PM rush express to Astoria)? I feel that that would really only benefit the people that go to Astoria Blvd and Ditmars Blvd.

No, the other way around and not necessarily tied to peak like the (4) or (5). More of an expedite rather than a regularity.

It failed before huh? Dear God does anything ever succeed? Transit is only a nightmare down here... [emoji29]

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

No, the other way around and not necessarily tied to peak like the (4) or (5). More of an expedite rather than a regularity.

It failed before huh? Dear God does anything ever succeed? Transit is only a nightmare down here... [emoji29]

The reason it failed, MTH is because all the Astoria line stations have about the same ridership numbers, so while the express helps Astoria Blvd and Ditmars Blvd, you end up skipping most of the ridership. This is the same reason why the majority of the forum went nuts when the (F) express was announced.

Sent from my iPod touch using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Since Fulton Center was opened last month, I wonder if the all the lines will announce the connection for the PATH (Also to reflect on the (R) using the metrocard for the 2-5 lines, A, C and J lines.)

PATH connection, possibly. Out of system transfer between Fulton St and Cortlandt St, probably not.

The (B) can't run on weekends for numerous reasons that the employees on here explained before.

What were they? This is the first time I'm hearing this

The usual answer is weekend construction. Also, there does have to be significant justification for double service along the lines the (B) serves. That's quite a step up from asking for more service along said lines.

PATH connection, possibly. Out of system transfer between Fulton St and Cortlandt St, probably not.

The usual answer is weekend construction. Also, there does have to be significant justification for double service along the lines the (B) serves. That's quite a step up from asking for more service along said lines.

I mentioned the Cortlandt - Fulton connector earlier. We already have the Lex Pair. The stations literally snub noses even CLOSER than the Lex Pair.

Why isn't it possible to program OOST?

I mentioned the Cortlandt - Fulton connector earlier. We already have the Lex Pair. The stations literally snub noses even CLOSER than the Lex Pair.

I mentioned numerous OOSTs in a thread I started in Off Topic. And 80% of them are easier walking than the Lex Pair...[emoji53]

I mentioned numerous OOSTs in a thread I started in Off Topic. And 80% of them are easier walking than the Lex Pair...[emoji53]

There's really no point honestly. I mean it would be nice to transfer from the (R) at Cortlandt to the lines at Fulton Center but you can transfer to all of the lines at other stations.

(2)(3) : Times Square and Atlantic-Barclays

(4)(5) : 59 Street, Union Sq and Atlantic-Barclays

(A)(C) : Jay Street and Times Square

(J)(Z) : Canal Street

In theory, one large Lower Manhattan transfer point between the (2)(3)(4)(5)(A)(C)(J)(Z) (and the (1) and (E)) would be nice but the MTA valued an underground out of fare control passage between the PATH terminal and Fulton Center more than that.

I have used the transfer with an unlimited before and its really convenient. If there were a way to announce an unlimited ride transfer to the (R) without making it too wordy ("A free transfer is also available to the (R) train with an Unlimited Ride MetroCard" ?) I'd say go for it. As for announcing PATH at Fulton Street, there is no excuse not to.

What do you mean by the other way around?...

There's really no point honestly. I mean it would be nice to transfer from the (R) at Cortlandt to the lines at Fulton Center but you can transfer to all of the lines at other stations.

(2)(3) : Times Square and Atlantic-Barclays

(4)(5) : 59 Street, Union Sq and Atlantic-Barclays

(A)(C) : Jay Street and Times Square

(J)(Z) : Canal Street

In theory, one large Lower Manhattan transfer point between the (2)(3)(4)(5)(A)(C)(J)(Z) (and the (1) and (E)) would be nice but the MTA valued an underground out of fare control passage between the PATH terminal and Fulton Center more than that.

I have used the transfer with an unlimited before and its really convenient. If there were a way to announce an unlimited ride transfer to the (R) without making it too wordy ("A free transfer is also available to the (R) train with an Unlimited Ride MetroCard" ?) I'd say go for it. As for announcing PATH at Fulton Street, there is no excuse not to.

You really don't get it. IT'S NOT ABOUT PROXIMITY. PLEASE STOP COMPARING STATIONS BY DISTANCE. Only Systems. Please understand congestion is a real issue and my suggestions give alternatives to those who do not want to cluster at the same platform.

In case you didn't notice, Fulton St doesn't say it Xfers to the (R). That's because it's technically a different station. I'm suggesting the OOST because it benefits riders who wish to Xfer to or from the (R) without paying again.

My post addressed ULR users. But those would benefit PPR users immensely. If you can do it for the Lex Pair, which you have to walk outside for, it is trivial nonsense NOT to include both ends of Fulton Center, which are INSIDE.

And as I stated, 80% of suggested walk by's are less walking than the Lex Pair. Maybe I'll use that virtual map and illustrate it later this year. And when the fare goes up we make it only harder for transit to be attractive and affordable.

Talks are already underway. All this hardship and the MTA couldn't give [emoji90] [emoji90] 's.

What do you mean by the other way around?...

Usually the (Q) or (N) are only routed on the Express track if there's an issue. It seems the MTA only assesses it's options when there IS an issue, rather than beforehand.

It doesn't matter how many repairs personnel & contractors complete. Without preestablished practice things will always fall apart.

You really don't get it. IT'S NOT ABOUT PROXIMITY. PLEASE STOP COMPARING STATIONS BY DISTANCE. Only Systems. Please understand congestion is a real issue and my suggestions give alternatives to those who do not want to cluster at the same platform.

In case you didn't notice, Fulton St doesn't say it Xfers to the (R). That's because it's technically a different station. I'm suggesting the OOST because it benefits riders who wish to Xfer to or from the (R) without paying again.

My post addressed ULR users. But those would benefit PPR users immensely. If you can do it for the Lex Pair, which you have to walk outside for, it is trivial nonsense NOT to include both ends of Fulton Center, which are INSIDE.

And as I stated, 80% of suggested walk by's are less walking than the Lex Pair. Maybe I'll use that virtual map and illustrate it later this year. And when the fare goes up we make it only harder for transit to be attractive and affordable.

Talks are already underway. All this hardship and the MTA couldn't give [emoji90] [emoji90] 's.

Where did I compare stations by distance? All I said was that the Fulton Center to Cortlandt transfer is convenient but there is no need for OOS transfer to be programmed because there are free transfer passages at other locations. The MTA protocol for OOS transfers is to provide transfers only when there are no other alternatives. The Lex pair was only provided because the (F) moved from 53rd where there was a transfer to the (6) to 63rd where there is no transfer passageway.

As much as you may want to make it about "SYSTEMS", that is not how the MTA goes about making these transfers and once again the facts do not fit your narrative.

As for the rest of your post, if you read my post thoroughly, you would realized that you repeated what I said and tried to make it sound as if I was against it.

False narratives and spin are winning recipes for a ban. Just saying..,

Usually the (Q) or (N) are only routed on the Express track if there's an issue. It seems the MTA only assesses it's options when there IS an issue, rather than beforehand.

It doesn't matter how many repairs personnel & contractors complete. Without preestablished practice things will always fall apart.

Of course they will assess an option while it happens rather than before. The MTA sees it better to delay trains, rather than reroute them, seeing as how rerouting or cutting local service to the express track will piss off a lot of riders...

Especially on the Astoria line, since you'll have a huge amount of people wanting local stations.

Also, I disagree, most people care about distance to other stations when it comes to random incidents, not the "system" as you put it.