SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many cars are on this train? Why can’t people just spread out across the the entire consist? Honestly they shouldn’t do the holiday train anymore if it’s going to be this much of a hassle. I still remember the R32 farewell trips. That’s the whole reason there were only 8 cars after the first weekend. The train was 10 cars but some of the foamers damaged two of the cars.

18 minutes ago, darkstar8983 said:

How many cars are on this train? Why can’t people just spread out across the the entire consist? Honestly they shouldn’t do the holiday train anymore if it’s going to be this much of a hassle. I still remember the R32 farewell trips. That’s the whole reason there were only 8 cars after the first weekend. The train was 10 cars but some of the foamers damaged two of the cars.

10 Cars like the IRT lines from 1 to 6. 7 is excluded. Most times, people love to go for the first and last cars because there's the window space they can look through. Although, it's too much as they like to push and shove. 

On the other hand, the two damaged cars of the R32s were repairable as it's the bench seats were just the cause. I heard the TA kept the special train as 8-cars for photo opportunities at the platforms (I could be wrong at this or it's something else). 

Edited by Calvin

42 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

To me, the sad part isn't that he isn't getting off the train, it's that he actually made the praying gesture in his plea to stay on it.

It's a big case that a pleasing gesture means that you actually did something that's bad to someone (just shown on the video). And you can hear people say/ tell him to get off the train. 

According to the comments and people I spoke through chat, he punched a MTA employee as that's assault. Stickers are all over trains not to do that or 7 years in prison. 

Edited by Calvin

4 minutes ago, Calvin said:

It's a big case that a pleasing gesture means that you actually did something that's bad to someone. And you can hear people say/ tell him to get off the train. 

Not necessarily.... An unprovoked victim in fear of something/someone can also make a pleading gesture as a means of defense.

Regardless, the only thing I'm speaking on in this particular case, is the level of desperation by this dude... Pathetic, AFAIC.... Got your natural a$$ showing as you're being dragged off the train by these cops... SMGDH....

1 hour ago, darkstar8983 said:

The holiday train is so popular that every car is usually crowded like a rush hour train. I couldn't even ride the R32 (Q) last year cause every car was filled to capacity. 

3 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

Oh my this video.........

What a L to be a dude and get dragged off the train by a bunch of women. This is the first time ever I seen a group of female cops get physical with some random perp, usually the male cops handle that stuff if they can help it. For that railfan sake I hope this doesn't go viral outside of the transit community.

He assaulted an transit employee? I'm surprised they didn't take the train out of service off of that alone. LOL at the TA employee telling those loud foamers to calm down or the train would be taking OOS, sad that he had to say that in the first place.

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

What a L to be a dude and get dragged off the train by a bunch of women. This is the first time ever I seen a group of female cops get physical with some random perp, usually the male cops handle that stuff if they can help it. For that railfan sake I hope this doesn't go viral outside of the transit community.

He assaulted an transit employee? I'm surprised they didn't take the train out of service off of that alone. LOL at the TA employee telling those loud foamers to calm down or the train would be taking OOS, sad that he had to say that in the first place.

I was thinking about this when I saw the video. They needed more than just one male officer to handle that dude; And he deserves to be embarassed for his behavior.

Edit: It's not that women can't do the job the same, but they should still have a fair amount of male assistance.

Edited by RandomRider0101

3 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

The assault didn't happen heard it was because they were too loud but the jag off who got arrested was running his mouth 

8 hours ago, Calvin said:

Also, while the train is running, people are also exchanging  violent language to others for blocking their beautiful image on their phone or camera. 

People really gotta learn when to put the camera down. Especially when everyone is taking and sharing a pic of the same damn train, that's gonna be running for another three sundays after this rainy one.

Lol at your use of "beautiful", yeah... If your pic is soo "beautiful" that u can cuss out others over it, then I wanna see all the other passengers toss their cameras out the window, since clearly they can't take photos as good as you. Attention seekers, Gimme a break <_< 

Edited by NoHacksJustKhaks

This behavior wouldn't be a problem if our state wasn't so lax with the law. too many bastards are running around doing dumb shit. Overall the trip wasn't that bad besides from that one moron. Better than last years first week of the R32 run. But there were some non railfan wakos on the train. A crackhead was going through it on the car i was on, Added to the nostalgia of the 80s lmao.

2 hours ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

Anything on this earth tops that first R32 run, at least the cops wasn't playing on yesterdays run. I'm just glad to see the redbirds again, cameras and furries aside (lol) it does take you back to the 90s.

There's also someone that took a leak at 96 St in front of the train that crowds were looking or complaining that why he gotta go do that in a public area. 

Edited by Calvin

Had an great R46 coming home on the (A) tonight, train flew into Nostrand S/B didn't start breaking until the the first car was in station limits and still stopped the train smoothly at the 10 car marker. Thought for sure the T/O was gonna overrun that stop but he didn't lol. T/O didn't brake at Frankin ethier which a lot of A line T/O's do.

Did the same thing coming into 42nd Street S/B which is also a fast station due to the hill dipping down prior to the platform.

Edited by trainfan22

Starting next weekend the TOMC will run express on the local track.

Always thought having these old cars making all those stops was an bad idea cause of increased chance of door problems. Will suck when the train catches up to a regular (1) train and will have to crawl behind it, that is annoying as hell regardless of equipment.

Edited by trainfan22

4 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Starting next weekend the TOMC will run express on the local track.

Always thought having these old cars making all those stops was an bad idea cause of increased chance of door problems. Will suck when the train catches up to a regular (1) train and will have to crawl behind it, that is annoying as hell regardless of equipment.

The only local stops it will be stopping at is 125th Street (Uptown Trains) and 59th Street-Columbus Circle