SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick question: I had the links to the latest update on the Mean Distance Between Failure document for August 2013, however the techs maintaining the mta.info site moved the link to that pdf so now that link does not work. Does anyone have the actual rundown of the MDBFs for all rolling stock from August 2013 onward? I've lost my copy.

According to the same document (p. 176) , the R143's are up for SMS in 2015. Its going to be interesting how the MTA will work that out. 

Its going to be a major HVAC overhaul for the B division Kawasaki NTTs. 

I was wondering... Would general failures in CBTC signaling on the Canarsie Line count towards the poor MDBF numbers in this case?

Edited by realizm

According to the same document (p. 176) , the R143's are up for SMS in 2015. Its going to be interesting how the MTA will work that out. 

Its going to be a major HVAC overhaul for the B division Kawasaki NTTs. 

I was wondering... Would general failures in CBTC signaling on the Canarsie Line count towards the poor MDBF numbers in this case?

That should be correct. I recall reading somewhere on this forum that a CBTC-related failure counts as a breakdown for the entire train, even if it means it can still run/operate normally without it. I'd look for it, but I'm short on time right now.

So basically run via the (M) x like going to Bay Pkwy?

I'm not familiar with the term "Mx", but yes, the M to Bay Parkway used the same tunnel connection.

Edited by Gong Gahou

Today, the GO poster says the (Q) is bypassing from Parkside to Sheepshead (local stops) and no saying to Astoria-Ditmars. Today all (Q) trains went to Astoria-Ditmars from Coney Island. Maybe it has something to do with the (R)?

Caught boith blue and white R160s on the (N) today.

Nice! I'm still looking forward for a time to put some 68s on the (N) !

Well the R is turning at 57/7 so turning the Q there would cause more congestion. And with the QBL mess it would make sense to send the Q to Astoria to help the N and 7

Well that is true. If that's the case, extra trains should be provided to increase service reliability. 

Not a good place to ask, but what is the correct font for the correct (Q) letter? The rest are curvy/none inside

I am not 100% sure but the font should be in the Helvetica style. Here is the png then an actual pic of the bullet from the picture window sign on the side of a R68 for comparison. 

q.png

q-train.jpg

Edited by realizm

I am not 100% sure but the font should be in the Helvetica style. Here is the png then an actual pic of the bullet from the picture window sign on the side of a R68 for comparison. 

Once again, Thank You Realizm! :D;) But the helvetica Q comes out like this

QEX_zps70b261bc.png

Edited by Priincenene

Speaking of fonts, anyone know what font size is used for the numbers as seen on the R160 FIND creator? I've been trying to see about putting together my own FINDs since the creator is no longer available for use (nothing I really want to make ATM, but it's always good to have that knowledge for later) and I can't get the "1" that I type up to match the "1" that you get when you enter it into the creator (seen on the left in the picture below). It's always either too skinny or too big... or both.

11.png