Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

7am SIM23.....41 people 

Half an hour service from 5am-8am will definitely start by Fall 2022. 

The MTA taking over those routes was the best thing to happen as part of the SI "redesign". 

Do you think the additional stops the TA removed prior to the take over will possibly return by fall or in 2023 if requests are made? 

7 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Do you think the additional stops the TA removed prior to the take over will possibly return by fall or in 2023 if requests are made? 

Probably not, they are not really needed. The only major concern was the Outerbridge Park n Ride for the SIM24...but honestly they just need to do an overhaul of the Huguenot Park n Ride by expanding it west of Huguenot, adding parking lines to ensure max capacity is being utilized, adding additional lighting, and limiting how long you can park your car there.

They also need to expand the Eltingville Transit Center Park & Ride.

And they need to turn the wooded rectangular area between Hylan Blvd/Steuben St and Narrows Rd South into a Park & Ride.

I was on 3929 earlier today. Basically all buses have the OMNY pads. But I saw there was an extra device near the driver as well. It has a picture of a walking man (exactly like sidewalk crossing signs). What is that supposed to be?

It looks like a black box with this on it:

walking.jpg

Edited by GojiMet86

On 3/16/2022 at 8:46 AM, Future ENY OP said:

On 3/16/2022 at 4:34 PM, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Probably not, they are not really needed. The only major concern was the Outerbridge Park n Ride for the SIM24...but honestly they just need to do an overhaul of the Huguenot Park n Ride by expanding it west of Huguenot, adding parking lines to ensure max capacity is being utilized, adding additional lighting, and limiting how long you can park your car there.

What additional stops are you guys talking about? There was one singular stop eliminated as part of the SIM23/24 restructuring, and that was the Outerbridge Park & Ride.

That being said, I definitely think the SIM23 should be the one to serve Hylan & Luten (which should really be at Hylan & Huguenot instead of being in the middle of the woods). The SIM24 should make stops along Drumgoole Road (instead of running nonstop from Huguenot Avenue to the Outerbridge Park & Ride like it used to). It doesn't even have to terminate at the Park & Ride itself. It can terminate somewhere in Pleasant Plains (out of the few riders that used it, most were from the surrounding residential neighborhood and walked in through the gate)

That has more to do with reducing the amount of deadheading (It doesn't make sense to have the SIM24 run to Hylan Blvd when the depot and the highways are further north). Makes it efficient both for access to the depot, and scheduling second trips for these routes. But if it provides a bit of extra coverage and makes it more convenient for riders, that's definitely a plus. 

47 minutes ago, GojiMet86 said:

I was on 3929 earlier today. Basically all buses have the OMNY pads. But I saw there was an extra device near the driver as well. It has a picture of a walking man (exactly like sidewalk crossing signs). What is that supposed to be?

walking.jpg

That sensor lets the driver know if anyone is crossing in front of the bus and or when the bus is turning

1 hour ago, GojiMet86 said:

walking.jpg

It's like the above mentioned. It gives a little click notification that a pedestrian is on the road or that you're coming close to that person, watch out. 

Ulmer Park had these on some of the XD-40 units except it's a green walking figure. 

Edited by Calvin

15 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

What additional stops are you guys talking about? There was one singular stop eliminated as part of the SIM23/24 restructuring, and that was the Outerbridge Park & Ride.

I wasn't sure if a stop or two was removed along Arden or Huguenot after the SIM redesign, so I just said probably not and referred to only the Outerbridge Park & Ride since that was the only one I knew that received controversy, obviously Poillon was added back.

Is there a set date where NICE bus will receive OMNY? It is nice to having the ability to tap 12 times and get unlimited rides for the rest of the week afterwards but it’s pointless for me being that I do take the n4 and honestly it seems dumb that NICE doesn’t have it yet being that they use metrocards like the MTA. Plenty of people transfer from the subway/MTA bus to NICE bus and it’s a inconvenience still having to fill up a card especially if you are not always near a subway station. 

The only reason I didn’t ask in the NICE thread is because over there is dead compared to here. 

Edited by NewFlyer 230

26 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Is there a set date where NICE bus will receive OMNY? It is nice to having the ability to tap 12 times and get unlimited rides for the rest of the week afterwards but it’s pointless for me being that I do take the n4 and honestly it seems dumb that NICE doesn’t have it yet being that they use metrocards like the MTA. Plenty of people transfer from the subway/MTA bus to NICE bus and it’s a inconvenience still having to fill up a card especially if you are not always near a subway station. 

The only reason I didn’t ask in the NICE thread is because over there is dead compared to here. 

Your best bet is to ask NICE directly. The truth of the matter is it is hard to get answers from anyone, in part because of delays with software issues related to OMNY. Everything is delayed, even on the (MTA) side, so even (MTA) services like the Hudson Raillink do not have a set timeline yet for OMNY. Sucks, but this is what it is for now.

Always awkward when an driver on a subway shuttle isn't 100 percent sure of the routing....

The passengers verbally showing their displeasure of the situation, etc. A weekend or two ago a passenger called the B/O an dumb ass out loud cause he stopped at the wrong stop on the (L) shuttle, yikes.

Also why are only ENY B/Os aware that you can take Cozine Ave/Glenwood road straight to Rockaway Parkway station rather than going down Flatlands and backtracking?

57 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Always awkward when an driver on a subway shuttle isn't 100 percent sure of the routing....

The passengers verbally showing their displeasure of the situation, etc. A weekend or two ago a passenger called the B/O an dumb ass out loud cause he stopped at the wrong stop on the (L) shuttle, yikes.

Also why are only ENY B/Os aware that you can take Cozine Ave/Glenwood road straight to Rockaway Parkway station rather than going down Flatlands and backtracking?

IIRC each depot has specific routings they have to follow. A sup catches you going off route, that's a write up.

3 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

IIRC each depot has specific routings they have to follow. A sup catches you going off route, that's a write up.

Not sure why they can't all follow the same route.

I also proposed having subway shuttles implemented onto BusTime, but it was deemed impossible. Of course...everything is impossible at the MTA.

Just now, Calvin said:

I remember two years ago from this day, 3/21. From 2020 year up to September, buses were free for travel except for SBS routes and Express. 

I miss that time frame, buses were hauling and service was surprisingly great. It was AFTER they stopped the free service that the service went downhill again.

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

6 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I also proposed having subway shuttles implemented onto BusTime, but it was deemed impossible. Of course...everything is impossible at the MTA.

One idea is to make a "code" that marks what section is being covered. For example with IRT examples would be 2B for between 149-180th, 2Bx for the exp variant and 5D for 5 from 180 to Dyre. For BMT/IND just base it in numbers like A1 for section 1 of the (A) , A2 for the other section and so forth.