BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed that in Sunset Park, over on 39th Street between 9th and New Utretch Avenues, the westbound B35 stop is physically there (lollipop and shelter), but the eastbound B35 stop doesn't physically exist. There were still people waiting at that location and it shows up on Tracker. Anyone know what the deal is?

9 hours ago, GojiMet86 said:

I noticed that in Sunset Park, over on 39th Street between 9th and New Utretch Avenues, the westbound B35 stop is physically there (lollipop and shelter), but the eastbound B35 stop doesn't physically exist. There were still people waiting at that location and it shows up on Tracker. Anyone know what the deal is?

Whenever DOT does construction near a bus stop, they LOVE to remove the bus stop temporarily to avoid anyone boarding/exiting. When the construction is finished, they almost always forget to add the bus stops back to the area. It can go like that for months and it'll only get fixed if the MTA notices or if people report to the right sources. I'll let the right sources know and hopefully it's up within the next two weeks. 

13 hours ago, paulrivera said:

I'm just curious, is there anything wrong with that?

Just to be clear, unless it's a DOT project, it is the (MTA) that requests implementation of bus stops. Usually the DOT has 90 days to fulfill such requests, but they can be expedited if requested.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

4 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Just typical MTA cant keep anything uniform.

It's not about them being uniform.

Manhattanville ops have XDEs for the same reason Quill got LFSs. They're getting operators used to those buses in the event that swaps are done for various reasons.

Manhattanville is also quick to slap decals on any bus they get their hands on(example, when they slapped decals on the loaner NGs when the LFSs were down).

Nothing big on this, just wanting to point out that you may want to get your pics of the Next Gens out of Kingsbridge, Gun Hill (Bronx) and Grand Av (Brooklyn). Probably by the next month, the numbers are in small amounts to zero.