BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While waiting for a friend earlier this evening, I noticed a B26 in the bus stop on Jay & Willoughby Sts (right in front of the old MTA building). I thought nothing of it but then this dude on a bike started riding on the sidewalk in that space between the scaffolding and the curb right next to the bus. Next thing i know the back doors open up righ as he's riding by and the dude crashes into the back door and falls (couldn't help it but I started laughing lol). The bus driver gets off the bus and goes t osee what happened and asked the dude was he ok. He said he was alright and he rode off like nothing happened.

Bus driver looked at me and saw me laughing then he started laughing, along with some other lady and this homeless person, he got on the bus and drove off

That was the highlight of my day

While waiting for a friend earlier this evening, I noticed a B26 in the bus stop on Jay & Willoughby Sts (right in front of the old MTA building). I thought nothing of it but then this dude on a bike started riding on the sidewalk in that space between the scaffolding and the curb right next to the bus. Next thing i know the back doors open up righ as he's riding by and the dude crashes into the back door and falls (couldn't help it but I started laughing lol). The bus driver gets off the bus and goes t osee what happened and asked the dude was he ok. He said he was alright and he rode off like nothing happened.

Bus driver looked at me and saw me laughing then he started laughing, along with some other lady and this homeless person, he got on the bus and drove off

That was the highlight of my day

Never ride a bike next to a bus! Didn't his momma teach him that?

Never ride a bike next to a bus! Didn't his momma teach him that?

The obvious answer is there, though.I seriously have a problem with bikers riding in areas they shouldn't be riding in, such as keeping up next to the bus, or cutting in front of the bus; basically doing the stupid shit we all wish against.

They're lucky it's against the law to use the bus as a weapon. :cool:

The obvious answer is there, though.I seriously have a problem with bikers riding in areas they shouldn't be riding in, such as keeping up next to the bus, or cutting in front of the bus; basically doing the stupid shit we all wish against.

They're lucky it's against the law to use the bus as a weapon. :cool:

One time in Brooklyn, I saw a guy on a bike so close to a bus at a turn that he had to get off the bike as the bus had no room to avoid him. Guy bailed from the bike and I think the bus partially ran over the bike. Bike seemed ok enough as the guy rode it away. I was smh at the situation. "never play chicken with a bus"

I was on the M2 once and there was this biker darting in and out of traffic around the bus. After a few blocks, seemed like he was gone, but then there's this huge thump. Bus stops and everybody on the sidewalk runs over. I don't if he was stoned or just out of it, but it turned out he'd gone kamikaze on us and rode straight into the side of the bus and fallen over. Guy was alright and all and the bus didn't take any damage, but talk about going too close...

Had the forums not been down on Friday March 23rd, I would have posted that at around 4:00 pm, 6231 was being towed from the corner of Douglaston Pkwy and Northern Blvd. The bus was heading eastbound on the Q12 and had been sitting there for hours.

Commute turned out to be wonderful this evening. Rode Orion 5 6092 on the S92 going toward CSI, Orion 7 NG 4255 returning, Nova LFS 8002, on the S53, then Orion 7 CNG 7591 on the B16 (which was unusally packed due to parent teacher conference) and then finished it off with Orion 5 CNG 9928 on the B35 LTD. :)

Edited by S78 via Hylan