BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

So now they have Q11 Q21 Q52 Q53 QM15 and BM5 all running down woodhaven. I really believe the Q21 should be cut and just have the Q11 serve the otherside of Howard beach with the Q41. If you look at te schedule the Q11 to Hamilton beach is basically the same as the Q21's frequencies with the exceptions of weekend's. So ppl really need to stop being lazy and walk for once instead of always relying on a bus to get them everywhere.

Q11 should service both sides of Howard beach and make their run 30 mins like the Q21 did to its side and the other side currently served by the Q11 remains the same.

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean? I doubt the Q53 would ever be completely eliminated, considering right now, it's way more frequent than the Q52. They just did it for simplicity's sake, since they're both Woodhaven Blvd limiteds.

I think he means terminating the Q52 in Woodside and the Q53 at Hoffman Drive

I meant that the 53 could have half of it's runs from Far Rockaway. Why would they flip flop the terminals?

Edited by Q43LTD

So now they have Q11 Q21 Q52 Q53 QM15 and BM5 all running down woodhaven. I really believe the Q21 should be cut and just have the Q11 serve the otherside of Howard beach with the Q41. If you look at te schedule the Q11 to Hamilton beach is basically the same as the Q21's frequencies with the exceptions of weekend's. So ppl really need to stop being lazy and walk for once instead of always relying on a bus to get them everywhere.

Q11 should service both sides of Howard beach and make their run 30 mins like the Q21 did to its side and the other side currently served by the Q11 remains the same.

Those OGs are nothing more than dressed-up Orion Vs. The ride itself is not too bad for a low-floor bus, but if that's the only redeeming quality of the bus (crappy rear-seat configurations, looking like they're ready to go to NIMCO inside and out when the Orion Vs from the '90s are looking better... don't get me started) I don't know why there are over 300 of these things in the city.

I wonder what life was like before the MetroCard - could you always drop the ~$1.00 fare in coins? What if you wanted to transfer from a bus to the subway and all you had on you was that dollar or so? I moved out of Queens at a very young age and never asked myself that.

I never liked the ride on the O7 CNGs, they always felt like they had no 'power', just slow overall. Only good thing was most of them are rear section front facing seated vs their HEV counterparts.

Before the metrocard, there was no transfer from bus to subway unless there was a problem with the train and the station agent or TA worker had to hand out the ppr transfers to allow you to get on the buses. So back then you needed the full fare (in the 90s was $1.25 and later $1.50) for each or you were screwed. Thus why I kinda miss the days of the tokens. With those you know you won't end up short or have any of the damn reading errors the cards have. So for me (if not for the subway to bus transfer), I would prefer the tokens over the card.

Edited by Grand Concourse

I never liked the ride on the O7 CNGs, they always felt like they had no 'power', just slow overall. Only good thing was most of them are rear section front facing seated vs their HEV counterparts.

I like the Orion VII CNG's ride. They were pretty quick whenever I was in one. Not as quick as the HEV O7's but still quick.

nope its not 876 find 826 and here it...its not a whittle its like a deep low siren ad 826 is still here i need a recording of it

I'll be in Brooklyn the 15th to the 20th so I will be searching intensely for 826 and hopefully get a recording of it, other than 826 and 876, are there any other unique C40LF's I should look for?

Wondering out loud here, when if ever have the MCIs been repainted? I know the 1800-2000s got repainted at some point, hence the whiteback buses and all, but have the 2200s/2700-2900s ever been repainted? Those Safety's My Goal stickers have gotta be at least six-seven years old, begging the question if those are the ones that came on the bus.

I'll be in Brooklyn the 15th to the 20th so I will be searching intensely for 826 and hopefully get a recording of it, other than 826 and 876, are there any other unique C40LF's I should look for?

982 ciboii2 said has a whine like 5084 used to have...but hurry and find 826 idk how long thats gonna stay here...

That X1-X9 bus timetable needs to be split up for goodness sake. There's like so many maps and it confuses me just by looking at it

Maybe they can organize it to be

X1-X4-X5 on onetimetable

X2-X3-X9 one another timetable

X7-X8-X15 one another timetable

Edited by Q23 Central Term