BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Got bored and went on my late night Sherlock Homeboy flow in here (lol) and I have a huge hunch that depotofrelax is actually LandoftheLost from in the before era of the forums. I made that statement a few weeks ago (and forgot which thread I posted it in lol), and I got proof.

Look at how he posts, and compare it to this...

I thought that was obvious, he has multiple personas on here lol

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how the CNG order would've been had LaGuardia stayed CNG and Nice was still under (MTA) control

Well, most likely, MTA Long Island bus would of keep their order of 3G CNGs (perhaps the MTA would of gave Bus company's cancelled order of 3Gs to Long Island bus as well, who knows). As for La Guardia, they might had some 100 and 200 series C40LFs. I honestly doubt that (MTA) Long Island bus of seen any C40LFs from the larger 475 CNG order. Edited by Chargerdodge9

So I was on the M101 yesterday, and one guy gets in through the back door at AC Powell Blvd (7 Av). He holds the back door for a fellow farebeater as it closes. Cue the suspense chord as a police officer comes up, and the guy lets him on. The officer takes the 2nd farebeater (a woman) off the bus while the 1st guy is thankful nobody snitched him out or anything. The police officer didn't do anything to the woman after taking her off the bus, and just sets her on her way.

In case this riveting story just isn't enough for ya, the same woman caught up to the bus and came in through the back again at the next stop. She said something about her Metrocard wasn't working, or the subway took an extra ride off her Metro or something when talking to others, I don't know.

So I guess the moral of the story is, if at first you don't succeed, try try again? And farebeating pays.

Edited by Mysterious2train

They need to do something with the B36 last stop at Coney Island...ok if you know coney then you know that 37st is a one way and it goes all the way around...one way...so surf ave and 37st is last stop leaving people waiting for next bus to take them around down 37st and bayview ave and 33rd st...however...when B/Os stop us at surf and 37st...they finish their run then go down 37st and turn on neptune to go down back to depot...however...instead of doing that...why dont they just take the bus around the loop of 37st and bayview ave and 33rd st making drop offs only...then turn down neptune ave back to depot...and lets say....if the B/O just chills there at surf and 37st...just let the passengers wait or get on the next leaving bus...the biggest peeve is they leaving to go back to the depot instead of dropping us off.

They need to do something with the B36 last stop at Coney Island...ok if you know coney then you know that 37st is a one way and it goes all the way around...one way...so surf ave and 37st is last stop leaving people waiting for next bus to take them around down 37st and bayview ave and 33rd st...however...when B/Os stop us at surf and 37st...they finish their run then go down 37st and turn on neptune to go down back to depot...however...instead of doing that...why dont they just take the bus around the loop of 37st and bayview ave and 33rd st making drop offs only...then turn down neptune ave back to depot...and lets say....if the B/O just chills there at surf and 37st...just let the passengers wait or get on the next leaving bus...the biggest peeve is they leaving to go back to the depot instead of dropping us off.

You just answered your question...if it's that much of a hassle, then get off at W 33 St and just walk. Its a 8 minute walk tops to Bayview & W 33

You just answered your question...if it's that much of a hassle, then get off at W 33 St and just walk. Its a 8 minute walk tops to Bayview & W 33

i know but shouldnt they change it so that B/Os that are returning to the depot...if they still have people onboard...should they just be considerate enough to take us around then turn down neptune back to depot?

They don't go around because maybe it isn't time for them to leave or they don't wanna go around. Because technically 37th & surf is the last stop. It's been like this for years, when the people get off the bus and the driver is going back to the depot he can go which ever way he wants. But a lot of people complain about the drivers leaving them at 37th & surf, half of them go around to neptune & 33rd anyways, the drivers go down to 37th & mermaid and make that right turn and go up neptune. Why would he drop them off all the way around when it's time for him to go back in. I wouldn't do it either, let them stand right there....

Your right!

I hate doubling back on routes, but I did that w/ the BxM11 yesterday.... took it to 238th, then walked over to katonah/242nd to wait for the BxM4.... There was a bus that was supposed to come 5:00, but it never came.... I got there around 4:40... There was a bus that passed by around 4:45 in the opposite direction.... he parked along kimball over there by the gas station (kimball/mclean) for 8 mins, and then drove off.... last time I checked, BxM4 is out of YON.... If he was going back to the depot, a left should have been made on mclean.... Instead, he made a right onto mclean.....

So I stood there at the first stop of the BxM4 from 4:40 to 5:15 (during the wait, 3 Bx31's passed by btw & one had just made the loop in to terminate)... no express bus in sight, so I walked back towards WPR... as I was walking along katonah, 6 mins later (meaning, 5:21pm), a BxM4 passes by in the opposite direction.... I don't know if that was supposed to be the 5pm bus back to manhattan & it was that late, or if that was the 6pm bus... Either way, I wasn't waiting around no longer than what I did out there.... So I eventually walked back to WPR (was thinking about taking the Bx16 when I got to 233rd, but I didn't wanna be bothered w/ the (4) or the (D)).... I wanted to take the Bx8 (which is why I walked over to 225th), but the Bx39 & the BxM11 arrived at the same time as soon as I got to the stop... So I just jumped on the BxM11 & took it to 34th.....

That's still bugging me about that BxM4 that made that right turn on mclean.... at the time I was standing there, it didn't hit me, but now that I'm sitting here typing this, only thing I can think of is that he possibly swung over to 241st to do a trip on the 11.....

Edited by B35 via Church

maybe because of the sides seats that fold near the back door like RTS.

The most common spec is for the front. I believe (MTA) is the only TA to spec otherwise.

Any ideas why the MTA specced a lift at the back of the O5s as opposed to the front like Bee-Line did?

A possibility may be the 2x1 seating. The wheelchair securement areas usually was equipped with forward facing 2 seat rows that flipped to accomadate wheelchairs. Of course the (MTA) could have also specified aisle facing flip up seats in the front if they truly wanted to.

Honestly, I think (MTA) just wanted to keep it uniform between the RTS & V to keep it simple for both passengers and operators.

What's up with bus 4002? It's been at Zerega since I got here a little over a month ago.in the same condition. It looks like it's half way through a repair from being hit on the side (unpainted primer and body filler spots. And when I seen it last on Friday, all of the numbers and MTA decals have been stripped off the bus...maybe they are finally about to paint it. Or maybe it's being retired since it doesn't have a farebox in it.

What's up with bus 4002? It's been at Zerega since I got here a little over a month ago.in the same condition. It looks like it's half way through a repair from being hit on the side (unpainted primer and body filler spots. And when I seen it last on Friday, all of the numbers and MTA decals have been stripped off the bus...maybe they are finally about to paint it. Or maybe it's being retired since it doesn't have a farebox in it.

I think thats the one that burst into flames or hit that telephone pole on Staten Island...one or the other