BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Personally, whenever I'm in Port Richmond, I try to give myself the option of another bus. Either by walking directly down to their shared stop at Clinton Street (or Port Richmond & Post and looking in both directions), or taking the S46/96 to the S89/94 if it's during rush hour. I don't like the stint along Forest with the traffic and lights, and I get more frequent service the other way, with the combined headways and whatnot.

I was going to the Staten Island Mall, so the only other bus I could have taken was the S44, but for me, that route usually is worse in terms of bunching, showing up late or missing buses. At least the S59 I got on only had a few standees rather than super packed.

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

I lovee the XD40s. see its a plus bus.

If it was novas, "ohh theres not enough room". when a bus is doing good(XD40) on a route i dont ride, heyy keep them there! :P

We get the point man. And to save you the time from looking at the NBQP thread, here is some info ENY posted. I think you'll be pleased.

Yes, It was actually posted in the individual threads and the fleet thread if I am not mistaken. The evaluation is complete for the Xcelsior and the LFS. However, extensive details will not be posted until after the contract award.

Bus 0057 (2013 Nova LFS) is being delivered to Zerega for evaluation. Expect a New Flyer soon.

Both buses completed the NBQP, and are now qualified builders for the MTA. The new order(s) this summer will likely be made up of a mix of Xcelsiors and LFS's. I am 98% sure of that.

Note his disclaimer at the end.

I lovee the XD40s. see its a plus bus.

If it was novas, "ohh theres not enough room". when a bus is doing good(XD40) on a route i dont ride, heyy keep them there! :P

The XD40s are not fully a plus bus. Just to let you know, they don't have a lot of headroom at the front, and can also have kneeling problems.

I like the Novabus LFS, I used to dislike them. Their interior design is not that great, but hey, how else are they going to design the seating arrangments?

The XD40s are not fully a plus bus. Just to let you know, they don't have a lot of headroom at the front, and can also have kneeling problems.

I like the Novabus LFS, I used to dislike them. Their interior design is not that great, but hey, how else are they going to design the seating arrangments?

well the front is ok, its the normal 2x1 seating.

as for the back, make the U shape, to at least get people to move towards the back.

could have*

They should make 2 x 2 at first row, and then the U shape seating. Probably that can be better.

Rather than the conversation seats, they should've made that as an interior facing seat (ie: cut 2 seats total).

well the front is ok, its the normal 2x1 seating.

as for the back, make the U shape, to at least get people to move towards the back.

Total 'hell no' on the U shape design. People hardly move to the back as it is. You should make better use of the back segment and put more seats there. That's the problem with the NG and newer OG hybrids, they cut seats, but people still won't move to the back unless forced to. Edited by Grand Concourse

I was talking to my friend, and he thinks the S53 is empty. I mean, damn, it's not as crowded as the S46 in that area (around Castleton & Broadway), but I definitely wouldn't call it empty. It's not like if the bus isn't packed, then it's automatically empty. :blink: And it's not like S46s are always packed in that area.

Waited 20 minutes for a B36 just now and it was a sardine can XD40, so I figured I'd pass it up. Waited another 20 minutes and a 3G and 5106 pull up, passed up the 3G for 5106 since it was a sardine can and I've already been on them at UP anyway. Was a damn nice ride on that bus.

lol... What's new on the B36... <_<

Waited 20 minutes for a B36 just now and it was a sardine can XD40, so I figured I'd pass it up. Waited another 20 minutes and a 3G and 5106 pull up, passed up the 3G for 5106 since it was a sardine can and I've already been on them at UP anyway. Was a damn nice ride on that bus.

Smart man. ;)

Smart man. ;)

Now now, another ride on a 3G before they head to SI would be nice, but i wasn't gonna stand in the very front because some a$$holes won't move to the back and be bombarded by yelling and loud music, so I got on 5106 which had plenty of room to spare. I love how EVERY time a bus pulls up right behind a jam packed one, anywhere, the people always get on the first bus. I mean I understand you want to be on the "leader" bus but the I've never been too far behind on a "follower" unless we hit big traffic, hell a lot of times I'll get where I need to be before the "leader" and I'm comfortably sitting down the whole time.

Now now, another ride on a 3G before they head to SI would be nice, but i wasn't gonna stand in the very front because some a$$holes won't move to the back and be bombarded by yelling and loud music, so I got on 5106 which had plenty of room to spare. I love how EVERY time a bus pulls up right behind a jam packed one, anywhere, the people always get on the first bus. I mean I understand you want to be on the "leader" bus but the I've never been too far behind on a "follower" unless we hit big traffic, hell a lot of times I'll get where I need to be before the "leader" and I'm comfortably sitting down the whole time.

this was with me yesterday on the B68, so you know Coney Island ave is very long and straight, you can look down and see if more buses are coming. so my bus 455, gets very packed, while 471 and 392 are behind us. EVERYONE gets on 455 (my bus) fully packed, and watch 471 pass us (with like 7 people total, and our having like 77 people, standees in the high section finally!) then two stops later 392 passes us, with about a 2 seats empty, no standees. And our bus still packed SMH.

Have they ever thought about a B68 LTD?

this was with me yesterday on the B68, so you know Coney Island ave is very long and straight, you can look down and see if more buses are coming. so my bus 455, gets very packed, while 471 and 392 are behind us. EVERYONE gets on 455 (my bus) fully packed, and watch 471 pass us (with like 7 people total, and our having like 77 people, standees in the high section finally!) then two stops later 392 passes us, with about a 2 seats empty, no standees. And our bus still packed SMH.

Have they ever thought about a B68 LTD?

There already is a B68 LTD... its called the (Q) train. :P