BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Usually the Orchard Beach buses are run by KB. Idk how they're doing it this year with the Bx5 not going there.

This year, almost all Bx12 locals are going to Orchard Beach, with the exception of one or two going to Pelham Bay every 30 minutes or so.

That's a yearly tradition over the summer to give the local high frequencies for the weekend Orchard Beach crowds. The SBS is currently running on 4-5 minute headways as I post so it should be about even between them.

Yeah it wasn't even when I checked, it must have spread out.

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idk if this is a glitch, bus apparently the Bx46 is gonna get extend to Riverdale-230th Street, at least on bustime. :o  

Hahaha I just saw that! The routing's very interesting... I'd laugh if they completely forgot to fix that until the fall pick

Edited by r142a 7795

The BM1-4 will be rerouted between Midtown and Downtown, bypassing Downtown entirely towards Brooklyn, but the MTA doesn't want you to worry, because they will be making "Correspoding Stops".

Service Change

Posted: 07/04/2016 4:03PM

BM1, BM2, BM3 and BM4 buses are detoured, due to the Macy's 4th of July Fireworks.

Westbound to Midtown: VIa Frankfort St, left on Pearl St, onto St. James Place, right on Bowery, left on 23 St and regular route.

Eastbound to Brooklyn: VIa 23 St, right on 3 Av, right on 14 St, left on West Side Highway (West St) to Hugh Carey Tunnel and regular route.

Correspoding Stops will be made along the detour route.

Allow addiitonal travel time.

Edited by BM5 via WOODHAVEN BL

I thought the BMs don't run during independence day

Also, I noticed on the B46 SBS, you pay outside but the rear doors are not opened, not like other routes except the S79 SBS

Every July 4th, buses run on a Saturday schedule, so that's most likely why you saw those express routes running.

Also, I noticed on the B46 SBS, you pay outside but the rear doors are not opened, not like other routes except the S79 SBS

They opened for me this morning. Driver probably forgot to flip the switch where it does open automatically.

Edited by Turtle

Every July 4th, buses run on a Saturday schedule, so that's most likely why you saw those express routes running.

That's precisely the reason... Saturday schedule, hence why they ran... I was kind of surprised to see the Saturday schedule for July 4th, but it makes sense... Lots of people going to the city to shop or see the fireworks, eat, etc.

Just noticed that finally FB started putting exterior ads on the driver side of SBS artics. Normally that's not a practice of theirs. However, it's the small ad space. Not really the larger ad space right by the driver. Too bad, there's no rear space on these 2011 LFSA's except the 1200's

I'm happy that three of my home routes (Q111/113/114) are 85-90 percent articulated buses.

Now waiting for one of my childhood routes (B46) to become articulated.....

Can those arctics make the fit into the lot off F.Lews/Hook Creek and 148th on the Q111?

Edited by NY1635

On the corner of Fulton Street and Class on avenue, there's a joint stop for the B25 and B26. However, the 26 doesn't actually stop there. Does this signal a B26 Reroute in the cards?

On the corner of Fulton Street and Class on avenue, there's a joint stop for the B25 and B26. However, the 26 doesn't actually stop there. Does this signal a B26 Reroute in the cards?

Nah. That thing been there for quite a while now

Random- Why does 4831 still say MTA Bus??

I happened to see 5391 outside ENY today... Totally caught me off guard when I saw it.

That's expected.... They are getting XD60's and the pilots for the new order are built. 4 buses are expected on the property within the next 20 days.

That's expected.... They are getting XD60's and the pilots for the new order are built. 4 buses are expected on the property within the next 20 days.

(barely) Interesting. Wonder which route would use them first, the Coney Island mega crosstown (B82) or JFK's Brooklyn connector (B15).

I saw 3 shorties on the Q44 yesterday, IDK what going on how many more buses do they need to steal before they have enough artics for the route. At this point CS should get part of the next LFSA order or just start wrapping XD40's. 

So are the XD60 pilots are going to go to ENY? Or is it still in the air?

Also, 4838 just says MTA New York City.

I saw 3 shorties on the Q44 yesterday, IDK what going on how many more buses do they need to steal before they have enough artics for the route. At this point CS should get part of the next LFSA order or just start wrapping XD40's.

They have more than enough for the route, its probably because some LFSA need to be repaired or because the artics aren't needed on the route as much as you think they should.

They have more than enough for the route, its probably because some LFSA need to be repaired or because the artics aren't needed on the route as much as you think they should.

If that's the case, have some transferred over to other depots that can possibly make use of those buses. Haven't seen a lot of artics on the Q44 as of late also. Mostly XD40's.