Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, 161 New York said:

 

I am answering your questions here in the B/O 7612 Hiring Process topic in the Transit Employment section, where it is more appropriate.

The BUS - Random Thoughts Thread is mainly to discuss bus service/random observations/detours or anything about NYCT/MTA Bus.

Considering that the poster is new, I'll give it a pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if West Farms would still need the XD-40s since they are only in numbers of 5-6. Instead, the C40LFs from Gleason could cover the total they have there. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Calvin said:

I wonder if West Farms would still need the XD-40s since they are only in numbers of 5-6. Instead, the C40LFs from Gleason could cover the total they have there. 

So far West Farms sent Gleason 262-264.

It all depends what West Farms wants to do with the XD40’s. If they leave, Fresh Pond, GA or Jamaica could use the XD40’s 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

So far West Farms sent Gleason 262-264.

It all depends what West Farms wants to do with the XD40’s. If they leave, Fresh Pond, GA or Jamaica could use the XD40’s 

I’d say East New York. They don’t have a lot running on local routes and they have the two oldest bus models.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snorunts said:

I’d say East New York. They don’t have a lot running on local routes and they have the two oldest bus models.

You may be right. Let’s see what DOB decides. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snorunts said:

I’d say East New York. They don’t have a lot running on local routes and they have the two oldest bus models.

Unless DOB decides to cut From Manhattanville and Flatbush NG’s East NY OG’s won’t leave until 4/2020* (don’t quote me) at the earliest and I say the same with Fresh Pond. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

So far West Farms sent Gleason 262-264.

It all depends what West Farms wants to do with the XD40’s. If they leave, Fresh Pond, GA or Jamaica could use the XD40’s 

Just putting on my thinking cap here, Ulmer Park still has loaners from Fresh Pond and ENY to deal with the whole RTS situation and if they got the West Farms units (some of which were from UP and are now at Jamaica) then UP could send them back.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Just putting on my thinking cap here, Ulmer Park still has loaners from Fresh Pond and ENY to deal with the whole RTS situation and if they got the West Farms units (some of which were from UP and are now at Jamaica) then UP could send them back.

I didn’t know those were loans. Does that mean 7346-7363 is expected to return to Flatbush too (eventually)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

I didn’t know those were loans. Does that mean 7346-7363 is expected to return to Flatbush too (eventually)?

IDK if they'll return to exactly where they came from but they'll probably be on there way out when the XDE40s arrive. UP had 68 RTS and only got 42 of the new XD40s this go around.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Just putting on my thinking cap here, Ulmer Park still has loaners from Fresh Pond and ENY to deal with the whole RTS situation and if they got the West Farms units (some of which were from UP and are now at Jamaica) then UP could send them back.

You may be right ATH. 
The next 3 weeks to a month will pose a lot of things. Lets just see what DOB decides to do with the West Farms batch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually don't think those are loaners to UP(other than 7108 & 7109, those were actually OOS before going to UP). The buses that were sent to UP from ENY were eventually replaced by the newer XD40s(by way of deliveries and transfers), same for FP. I believe FP's allotment of XD40s increased over time during the delivery of the order as well.

Edited by Cait Sith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

I actually don't think those are loaners to UP(other than 7108 & 7109, those were actually OOS before going to UP). The buses that were sent to UP from ENY were eventually replaced by the newer XD40s(by way of deliveries and transfers), same for FP. I believe FP's allotment of XD40s increased over time during the delivery of the order as well.

How come 7108-7109 were OOS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took the 113/114 home from Jamaica to Far Rockaway and it was a smooth ride. All the traffic in the area was mostly done by Five Town Shopping Center. If the center is that difficult then maybe NICE can extend the n1 over there and turn around buses at the signal before Brookville. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, NY1635 said:

I took the 113/114 home from Jamaica to Far Rockaway and it was a smooth ride. All the traffic in the area was mostly done by Five Town Shopping Center. If the center is that difficult then maybe NICE can extend the n1 over there and turn around buses at the signal before Brookville. 

... You really think that NICE will expand N1 service. 😩.  You must be dreaming. Five towns is not the best attractive area to shop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

... You really think that NICE will expand N1 service. 😩.  You must be dreaming. Five towns is not the best attractive area to shop. 

The n31/32 covers Five Towns on West Broadway and Central Avenue. The n1 can simply travel along W. Broadway and Rockawayy Turnpike. bound for Queens. 5 Towns is predominantly jewish neighborhood. Its' for people who don't want to go to Green Acres to Shop. Apparently the Pizza Hut at 5 Towns is gone and they now have Lowes over there.  

Saw a displaced city resident at Green Acres asking how to get back to Five Towns and the n1 driver told them to wait for the Hewlett bound bus. All the traffic around Green Acres is heading towards the city, the n1 travels in the opposite direction between Valley Stream RR and Hewlett at Broadway/Sheridan.

Edited by NY1635

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always thought the N1 should continue down to the center of Hewlett by Bway/West Bway jct. or even turn around by the LIRR sta. instead of terminating at that deadend location of Bway & Rockaway Ave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just rode #8028 with Queens Village stickers on the Q76. Does anyone have any insight here?

20191209-151954.jpg

Edited by AwesomeAsh
Added photo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AwesomeAsh said:

Just rode #8028 with Queens Village stickers on the Q76. Does anyone have any insight here?

I believe it's a school tripper 

Edited by Calvin
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hound said:

I've always thought the N1 should continue down to the center of Hewlett by Bway/West Bway jct. or even turn around by the LIRR sta. instead of terminating at that deadend location of Bway & Rockaway Ave.

That's the police station at Grant Park. To my surprise, the n1 is always on schedule and just goes thru residential streets. Valley Stream looks like the 50s never left. The n1 should use Mill Road, Dubois Ave to reach the Gibson LIRR. 

So far only the Q111 uses Mill Road, Rosedale Road, and Peninsula for people who work in Five Towns

Edited by NY1635

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Calvin said:

I believe it's a school tripper 

Are you sure? I always see 4 Q76s on Hillside when waiting for the n6. They must be getting to College Point faster than the Q20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NY1635 said:

Are you sure? I always see 4 Q76s on Hillside when waiting for the n6. They must be getting to College Point faster than the Q20.

What does that have to do with them not being school trippers? If anything, school trippers can bunch up easily due to kids ringing the bell when no one's getting off and shit like that. I feel bad for these drivers having to put up with stupid nonsense like that. 

Also, as far as I know, CS still has the Q76 route and the one in the picture is a QV bus but JA and QV both do school trips for various CS routes so one can put two and two together.

Edited by danielhg121
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, danielhg121 said:

What does that have to do with them not being school trippers? If anything, school trippers can bunch up easily due to kids ringing the bell when no one's getting off and shit like that. I feel bad for these drivers having to put up with stupid nonsense like that. 

Also, as far as I know, CS still has the Q76 route and the one in the picture is a QV bus but JA and QV both do school trips for various CS routes so one can put two and two together.

I feel bad for the 77 bus operators. They should really put the route on Springfield till Hillside to help the Q27. The 76 and 77 are both school routes that travel on F.Lewis. They usually get backed up by the signal at Hillside, Traffic near 169th Street and 179th Subway on the (F). They've been doing stop consolidations on Hillside Ave lately due to all the construction in the area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.