BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

According to my union chairman at my depot, it looks like the sb46 will be fully articulated buses runs. But of course if there isn't enough articulated buses to pull out for service since they are splitting buses with the sb44, Sometimes you may see some of the 40ft wrap buses in service for both lines. Most of the 40ft wrap buses will be unwrapped and thrown into local service.

Words are rapidly spreading around at the depot with managements  last week regarding changing  Flatbush fleet into Articulated fleet only since majority of the routes are straight forward except  for the B2 and B31 that are short.

This week we used only articulated buses for the J , Q, and A shuttle. I know myself the other day I pulled out the new Nova articulated bus to do the J shuttle from Broadway "Williamsburg" to Manhattan Essex Street. We had 12 Articulated buses together riding down Utica avenue/Malcom X Blvd  deadheading to the starting point  Hewes Street and Broadway in Brooklyn. "Yes we were able to make that left turn from Malcolm X Blvd into Broadway."

5 minutes ago, A Former New Yorker said:

Question: Is the B46 going to be fully articulated or is it only for SBS

Your answer is on top of this post sir. 

7 hours ago, Calvin said:

New Year: Starting Sunday, January 5th, 2020: The QM4 will be out of College Point Depot like before (this time: with the QM44). Baisley Park will only have one express route: the QM21. 

So that's QM4, QM44, Bx15, Bx39, B48, B57, B60, and Q58 moving next pick?

4 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

So that's QM4, QM44, Bx15, Bx39, B48, B57, B60, and Q58 moving next pick?

So Baisley Park will only have at least 10 buses for the QM21. I never understood to why the QM4 went on the Jamaica side in the first place since it was always College Point since QSC. I guess (MTA) bus is finally making sense of this. Just surprised the Q64 didn’t go.  

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

So Baisley Park will only have at least 10 buses for the QM21. I never understood to why the QM4 went on the Jamaica side in the first place since it was always College Point since QSC. I guess (MTA) bus is finally making sense of this. Just surprised the Q64 didn’t go.  

They probably want artics on the Q64 without placing more stress on LaGuardia...

33 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

Will CP be getting extra MCIs from BP to cover the QM4/44 runs?

That will likely happen, as BP will only have the QM21. They won’t need many buses for that. It won’t last long because the (MTA) plans on gutting off-peak and weekend service, so be ready for a fight. The QM4 is already being targeted. There was a meeting tonight...

EL899NKW4AAKGMQ?format=jpg&name=medium