Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

18 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

The fact that Flatbush has 15 Oddball LFSAs makes me think the XE60s will end up over there down the line. 

The LFSAs were bus-for-bus swaps. It's not really an oddball fleet when you consider that Flatbush had LFSAs until recently.

Edited by Cait Sith

5 hours ago, NY1635 said:

I feel bad for the 77 bus operators. They should really put the route on Springfield till Hillside to help the Q27. The 76 and 77 are both school routes that travel on F.Lewis. They usually get backed up by the signal at Hillside, Traffic near 169th Street and 179th Subway on the (F). They've been doing stop consolidations on Hillside Ave lately due to all the construction in the area.

* The Q27 south of Hillside isn't the portion of the Q27 that needs "help"....

* You say you "feel bad" for Q77 operators, but yet you're talking about having the Q77 continue up Springfield to get to Hillside.... There is no need for Q1's & Q77's running between Springfield/Hillside & 165th st. terminal; that's creating even more redundancy for the simple sake of it..... It's a silly reason to suggest doing that to the Q77; have the Q77 take Springfield to get to Hillside (instead of Francis Lewis) so that it won't be part of a scenario that has it getting caught at a particular traffic light.... The thing would still have to deal with that Hillside traffic you speak of b/w 165th st & 188th st anyway....

Whatever time savings you think would be achieved by taking Q77's off Francis Lewis, would EASILY be offset by added runtime running along Springfield between Francis Lewis & Hillside alone, never mind the added distance & runtime along Hillside between Springfield & Francis Lewis..... (Traffic along that part of) Springfield moves better, but it's also a significant enough a distance away from Francis Lewis....

There is also no need to leave Francis Lewis between Springfield & Hillside with much of nothing as far as bus service goes.... If you think taking Q77's off Francis Lewis will speed things up any for the NICE buses that utilize Francis Lewis between Hillside & Jamaica av., then you are SORELY mistaken :lol:

* None of what you're saying or suggesting in this post addresses @danielhg121's question..... [You seeing 4 Q76's on Hillside] & [the Q76 & Q77 being both school routes running on Francis Lewis] has squat to do with a particular Q76 bus having a QV depot sticker....

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

The LFSAs were bus-for-bus swaps. It's not really an oddball fleet when you consider that Flatbush had LFSAs until recently.

Not to even mention how FB has no chargers available for battery electric buses for any model at all.

I thought of this: Out of all 5-boroughs, Staten Island has all routes in a pattern from numbers 1-98. SIM are express routes 1-35 while 40 to 78, 79 are local routes while 81-98 are peak limited routes (except for the S93)

Edited by Calvin

5 minutes ago, Calvin said:

I thought of this: Out of all 5-boroughs, Staten Island has all routes in a pattern from number 1-98. SIM are express routes while 40 to 78, 79 are local routes while 81-98 are peak limited routes (except for the S93)

I mean with some overlapping. But at most a consistent 1-98. Take out the prefixes on some express lines tho. 

4 hours ago, Calvin said:

I thought of this: Out of all 5-boroughs, Staten Island has all routes in a pattern from numbers 1-98. SIM are express routes 1-35 while 40 to 78, 79 are local routes while 81-98 are peak limited routes (except for the S93)

Check it out, more patterns...

For Locals: 

40s: North Shore routes

50s: North-South routes 

60s: Cross Island routes (Victory Blvd) 

70s: South Shore Routes 

80s: One Way Peak Limiteds (89 exception) 

90s: Two Way Peak Limited (93 exception) 

For express:

SIM1C-4C, Off Peak Routes (33c exception now)

20s: South Shore routes

30s: North Shore routes

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/10/2019 at 11:47 PM, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Check it out, more patterns...

For express:

SIM1C-4C, Off Peak Routes (33c exception now)

20s: South Shore routes

30s: North Shore routes

Whats with the C letters in SIM1C etc

14 minutes ago, BreeddekalbL said:

Whats with the C letters in SIM1C etc

“C” for Combination of running through both Lower Manhattan and Midtown.

• Thanks 1

On 12/10/2019 at 11:47 PM, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

80s: One Way Peak Limiteds (89 exception) 

90s: Two Way Peak Limited (93 exception) 

For the limiteds, the 8X buses are North-South limiteds while the 9X buses are East-West limiteds.

Just now, trainfan22 said:

One of SC C40s broke down and had to be towed back to the depot

ZQkiUdb.jpg

I saw #4722 being towed back to Grand Avenue Depot this week.

8 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

4767 also broke down today. 

I highly doubt it’s completely Grand Avenue’s fault. It’s probably hard to maintain buses that took a beating for 6-7 years straight....

31 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

I highly doubt it’s completely Grand Avenue’s fault. It’s probably hard to maintain buses that took a beating for 6-7 years straight....

I’ll give you that. But yesterday was bad for those artics downtown. 

2 minutes ago, A Former New Yorker said:

Question: Is the B46 going to be fully articulated or is it only for SBS

As of right now, the plan is to convert the B46-SBS into an articulated route.

58 minutes ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

According to my union chairman at my depot, it looks like the sb46 will be fully articulated buses runs. But of course if there isn't enough articulated buses to pull out for service since they are splitting buses with the sb44, Sometimes you may see some of the 40ft wrap buses in service for both lines. Most of the 40ft wrap buses will be unwrapped and thrown into local service.

Words are rapidly spreading around at the depot with managements  last week regarding changing  Flatbush fleet into Articulated fleet only since majority of the routes are straight forward except  for the B2 and B31 that are short.

This week we used only articulated buses for the J , Q, and A shuttle. I know myself the other day I pulled out the new Nova articulated bus to do the J shuttle from Broadway "Williamsburg" to Manhattan Essex Street. We had 12 Articulated buses together riding down Utica avenue/Malcom X Blvd  deadheading to the starting point  Hewes Street and Broadway in Brooklyn. "Yes we were able to make that left turn from Malcolm X Blvd into Broadway."

5 minutes ago, A Former New Yorker said:

Question: Is the B46 going to be fully articulated or is it only for SBS

Your answer is on top of this post sir. 

New Year: Starting Sunday, January 5th, 2020: The QM4 will be out of College Point Depot like before (this time: with the QM44). Baisley Park will only have one express route: the QM21. 

Edited by Calvin

I was looking at the Q100 schedule and noticed buses don't serve Rikers between 5:30 AM and 7 AM. Is there any reason for this? 

15 hours ago, WestFarms36 said:

4950 came into service today on the M14D SBS. There was a press conference on the roof of MJQ.

4950 or 4951?

7 hours ago, Calvin said:

New Year: Starting Sunday, January 5th, 2020: The QM4 will be out of College Point Depot like before (this time: with the QM44). Baisley Park will only have one express route: the QM21. 

So that's QM4, QM44, Bx15, Bx39, B48, B57, B60, and Q58 moving next pick?

• Upvote 1