BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, BreeddekalbL said:

I forgot to ask regarding the q46 Springfield Blvd short turns for the lcls

What is the left right for it to turn around there?

Continue on Union Tpk-right GCP Service Rd-right Springfield back to Union.(old Q88 turnaround).

18 hours ago, OrionVIIonM79 said:

Its outdated but this page has a lot of weird short turns

https://www.ttmg.org/transitwiki/MTA_Regional_Bus_Destination_Sign_Codes

And they’ve added more since that time. I just saw a “Bx17 E. 149 ST” short turn.

Dang,that moment when even the lighter ridership routes have to do short turns to keep OT costs down.

On 2/9/2020 at 10:30 PM, Q43LTD said:

It's from 2016 though. And it has to be updated with all these redesigns

The question is, who wants to do the updating?

...which kind of raises a smaller point - Even though things are far more tame on these parts, it does feel like less of a transit community & more of  individuals talking transit nowadays.... Akin to that of a collective of talent in an NBA starting lineup, but not having much of any cohesiveness between them (e.g. the Knicks in the mid 2000's :lol:)....

6 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

...which kind of raises a smaller point - Even though things are far more tame on these parts, it does feel like less of a transit community & more of  individuals talking transit nowadays.... Akin to that of a collective of talent in an NBA starting lineup, but not having much of any cohesiveness between them (e.g. the Knicks in the mid 2000's :lol:)....

The LFS does not have the clutch gene!

6 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Damn sure won't be me lol. I remember the mid 2000's Knicks. All those scorers and no defense. 

31 minutes ago, paulrivera said:

The LFS does not have the clutch gene!

Lol.... Skip Bayless reference....

30 minutes ago, Q43LTD said:

Damn sure won't be me lol....

I'd have no problem sharing that information if I were in those circles.

22 minutes ago, Q23 via 108 said:

And Starburys

Whatever happened to those cheap ass sneakers anyway?!

one of my "favorite" short signs to get at different points that weren't actually built into run paddles were:

B82 to Rockaway Parkway Station (eastbound)

M101 to 125 Street/Amsterdam Avenue (northbound. follow the westbound Bx15 to layover & turn around)

as a kid in the mid-90's, i vividly remember the B60 short sign to East New York Avenue (northbound). the 60 was based out of ENY Depot at the time, and the 60 reliefs were also at East NY Avenue. i believe at a later point, the 60 reliefs were moved to Rock Station, to coincide with the B50 & B42. if anyone remembers that, I'd be grateful for some assistance. 

On 2/8/2020 at 1:18 PM, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I've been saying ever since the 5253-5363, 5770-5986 batch of LFSAs started running on SBS routes, that future orders should come with wide rear doors like the TTC LFS/LFSAs. Now look, all door boarding about to start in a couple years and we have all these narrow rear doored buses. All the new LFSAs 5439-5602 should've came with wide rear doors, and all Xcelsior artics in the new scheme 5364-5438, 5987-6286, 1000-1109, 4950-4964, should've came with wide rear doors. 

You and Me been sayin' this for awhile now....  The (MTA) still doesn't care....

7 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

I would say look on the bright side, but the NBA is just as much of a joke as the MTA is nowadays.....

Absolutely true. And more NYK news. Steve Stoute is now the brand ambassador for them and got embarrassed 😞 on his first day if that’s any other interest that the Knicks truly suck. 

6 hours ago, paulrivera said:

The Rapid Transit Series is the Michael Jeffrey Jordan of public transportation. It is the GOAT, and it’s not even close!

5 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

I would say look on the bright side, but the NBA is just as much of a joke as the MTA is nowadays.....

And the Fishbowl is the Larry Bird.