BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was out and about along Flatbush Ave today and seen nothing but Cuomo wrapped XD40s on the B41! Always wanted to ride a 7600 on the B41 and it looks like finding one on the 41 will be like shooting fish in a barrel. Also have yet to ride a Artic on the B46 SBS SMH lol, looks a little busfan trip on the B41 & B46 is in order for me.

4 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

I was out and about along Flatbush Ave today and seen nothing but Cuomo wrapped XD40s on the B41! Always wanted to ride a 7600 on the B41 and it looks like finding one on the 41 will be like shooting fish in a barrel. Also have yet to ride a Artic on the B46 SBS SMH lol, looks a little busfan trip on the B41 & B46 is in order for me.

You’re right, all I’ve been seeing on the 41 are the SBS units. I haven’t got a ride on one yet.

I live by the 41 and see it everyday, don’t ride it much though. I did ride it recently hoping to get my first ride on an SBS 76xx, unfortunately I ended up getting 7320 instead while what felt like every other B41 was a 2018 XD40...

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

7600’s are slowly going to GA CMF. Get your rides in before they all go local scheme. 

Just now, Future ENY OP said:

7600’s are slowly going to GA CMF. Get your rides in before they all go local scheme. 

I don't mind if they all go into the local scheme, as I don't plan on photographing them, just riding them lol. As long as they come back to FLA after GA does their thing with them, I'm a happy camper.

11 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

They’ll still be assigned to Flatbush though. And they’ll still be the same bus. Only the exterior of the bus will change.

Edited by Snorunts

1 hour ago, Snorunts said:

You’re right, all I’ve been seeing on the 41 are the SBS units. I haven’t got a ride on one yet.

I live by the 41 and see it everyday, don’t ride it much though. I did ride it recently hoping to get my first ride on an SBS 76xx, unfortunately I ended up getting 7320 instead while what felt like every other B41 was a 2018 XD40...

1 hour ago, trainfan22 said:

The sbs units will be found only on the B2, B31 and B41 until they are changed into local scheme.  I get them all the time on the B41 and it feels awesome pushing them on Flatbush Ave to downtown bklyn.

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Can someone explain how come MTA Bus was chosen to take over all of the private bus lines instead of NYCT

I thought MTA Bus was created as a result of the combination of all of the private bus points. Something can't take over if it never existed before. 

2 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I thought MTA Bus was created as a result of the combination of all of the private bus points. Something can't take over if it never existed before. 

That's exactly correct. 

On 2/12/2020 at 1:10 PM, paulrivera said:

The Rapid Transit Series is the Michael Jeffrey Jordan of public transportation. It is the GOAT, and it’s not even close!

On 2/12/2020 at 7:31 PM, GojiMet86 said:

And the Fishbowl is the Larry Bird.

On 2/13/2020 at 3:12 AM, Yankees4life said:

The Orion Vs are the Kobe

On 2/13/2020 at 7:21 AM, Q23 via 108 said:

The Gruman Flexibles are the Kwame Browns. Biggest bust we ever got.

In continuing the bus/NBA player analogy, I suppose LeBron James is the O7?

1 hour ago, Q43LTD said:

That's exactly correct. 

In continuing the bus/NBA player analogy, I suppose LeBron James is the O7?

MJ = The RTS is the best bus we've ever had.
Kobe = Orion 5 is closest to the RTS
Lebron= Orion 7 CNG. The loudest bus. Lebron has made loud moves. Went to Miami, won in Cleveland, went to LA, ect.
Vince Carter = D60HF Artics. Long bus = Long Career
Shaq = All the MCI Coaches = The Most Dominant Express Bus = The most dominant Big Man.
Allen Iverson = 1999 C40LF small fleet with loud backfire. AI was small and flashy player.
Carmelo Anthony = Orion 7 Next Gens, Love or Hate just like Melo (I like Melo, but dislike Next Gens)
Stephen Curry = Xcelsior is the bus of this generation. Curry is the player of this generation.
Giannis = Nova LFS = Better built and Tough Buses, can handle Staten Island. Giannis is a strong player. Just one MVP.
Grumman Flexible = Kwame Brown, Anthony Bennett, Big Country Reeves, Okafor, Darko Milicic.

Just noticed something. 4624 out of FB still has a wrap campaign that ended sometime in November. However, ever since then the division hasn’t received any new wraps for 2020.  

Of course while it’s hard to advertise outside of Manhattan. However, tons of these new startup businesses and big companies are opening shop in Brooklyn and it should be fair enough to have wraps in the Brooklyn Division. 

13 hours ago, Calvin said:

Was the QM20 running on presidents day extra service for the QM2? For a weekday route, the rest of the routes are on weekend Saturday service.

Yes, special schedule, and there were a few extra runs thrown in this morning on the QM5. I don't know how they choose that for different holidays. They used to do that on Good Friday

Edited by QM1to6Ave

19 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

I saw an Oatly ad up on 110th yesterday, full bus stop campaign. Did they miss one this summer or is there a return?

Would be nice to see these Oatly ads to reappear soon. They currently have a new campaign in London. Read this not too long ago from a email I got from Outfront Media.