BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

1 minute ago, Cait Sith said:

Snow loans for Quill currently being transferred/already at the depot: 8107-8108, 8121, 8128-8129, 8139, 8148, 8165, 8186, 8195-8196, 8199, 8264, 8273, 8275, 8286, 8304, 8309, 8312, 8315, 8359.

You ask this question way too damn much.

Agreed. 

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Snow loans for Quill currently being transferred/already at the depot: 8107-8108, 8121, 8128-8129, 8139, 8148, 8165, 8186, 8195-8196, 8199, 8264, 8273, 8275, 8286, 8304, 8309, 8312, 8315, 8359.

And let's just leave it at that bc the same stuff that came out in the last couple of storms are most likely gonna be out tomorrow.

This guy does not need to know anything else. Let him do his own homework.

1 hour ago, Cait Sith said:

You ask this question way too damn much. Most of us here don't work for the MTA, so just sit back and wait and stop asking the same question 9 million times a week.

I was told that if I relocated myself to this thread people would stop giving me hard time over asking about snow loans. I really dont see what the problem is.

10 minutes ago, happy283 said:

I was told that if I relocated myself to this thread people would stop giving me hard time over asking about snow loans. I really dont see what the problem is.

The problem is simple, you're constantly asking this question as if you already don't know the answer. It's safe to say that whenever it snows, there will be snow loans any damn way.

Just sit back and wait like everyone else, damn. Regardless of how or where you're asking, you're not entitled to this information. So just be thankful that it's being passed along.

Edited by Cait Sith

7 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Just sit back and wait like everyone else, damn. Regardless of how or where you're asking, you're not entitled to this information. So just be thankful that it's being passed along.

Just noting that the large text is extremely unecessary and rather petulant. But yes I do get the point and I assume that as buses get loaned, it will be reported here.

Just now, happy283 said:

Just noting that the large text is extremely unecessary and rather petulant. But yes I do get the point and I assume that as buses get loaned, it will be reported here.

So is your constant nagging of "omgwilltherebeanysnowloans?"

Large text is to get the point across.

1 hour ago, happy283 said:

None of us know when snow loans will take place, we're all in the same boat as you. Personally, I don't know what is so entertaining about these temporary moves, so why not just track your routes/buses yourself if you want to take these buses. There are several sites you can go on to track specific buses.

Edited by Snorunts

9 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

None of us know when snow loans will take place, we're all in the same boat as you. Personally, I don't know what is so entertaining about these temporary moves, so why not just track your routes/buses yourself if you want to take these buses. There are several sites you can go on to track specific buses.

In his defense, I get a kick out of seeing 3Gs running the Manhattan routes. Kinda shows you what the fleet would've looked like if OBI hadn't gone under. 

19 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

What sites are there that track specific buses? Care to share links to those sites.

6 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

In his defense, I get a kick out of seeing 3Gs running the Manhattan routes. Kinda shows you what the fleet would've looked like if OBI hadn't gone under. 

The Orion hybrids and 3G are the only foam worthy loans IMO. The other loans are basically the same bus as the artics but in 40 footer form. 

1 minute ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

You really don't know? Start with bustime.mta.info (desktop version). Track ALL of the buses until your heart is content. Then you don't have to ask.

I thought he meant to track specific vehicles, even when they are not on a route. BusTime doesnt do that.

2 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

The Orion hybrids and 3G are the only foam worthy loans IMO. The other loans are basically the same bus as the artics but in 40 footer form. 

I find the 2011 LFSs at WF to be pretty foamworthy as well. But nothing beats the 3Gs in Manhattan.

53 minutes ago, happy283 said:

I thought he meant to track specific vehicles, even when they are not on a route. BusTime doesnt do that.

This.

http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info/NJT/NYCTa_selector.html

Also this.

https://www.transsee.ca/routelist?a=mta

Edited by Cait Sith

9 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

^ Never knew that existed, very nifty.

Saw 6691 deadheading along the M21 route yesterday evening, still MV stickers but I'll watch if that turns up a Quill bus.

Probably not. Artics were grounded monday and 6691 was loaned to tuskegee. The terminals for those routes are down there so perhaps it was deadheading back to MV across Houston to get to West St.

24 minutes ago, happy283 said:

Probably not. Artics were grounded monday and 6691 was loaned to tuskegee. The terminals for those routes are down there so perhaps it was deadheading back to MV across Houston to get to West St.

Nah, it was heading East from the West Side Highway on Clarkson or so. Plus artics were running yesterday, so not sure.

7000, 7008, 7013, 7016, 7017, 7024, 7026, 7030, 7031, 7038, 7042, 7045, 7048, 7050, 7051, 7056-7058 To MJQ Total: 18

8000-8003, 8006-8009, 8013-8018, 8024, 8028, 8030, 8032-8034, 8037, 8072, 8074, 8076, 8078 at WF. Total: 25

8470, 8475, 8476, 8488, 8495-8497 also at WF: Total: 7

Edited by happy283