BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think that because this bus is fully electric, the company would want to test it on longer routes. This way, they can get the full nyc expierence (stop and go traffic, slow crawling average speeds, extremely uneven and bumpy roads, hills, huge potholes, cabbies cutting you off for fun, etc...). They can then determine if the "155 mile range in the urban environment" is a reality.

Wonder if this bus will see a service test or just ghost along behind another run... Very interesting to see though, reminds me of the supposed LFS Electric demo which never really materialized. 

Y'all goin' mad hard for a couple of CNGs, sheesh! LOL!

Interesting to see 4946 and 5115 out on the 66/72 today.

5115's got a Hanover? I'd be pretty amused seeing that pull up on the M8...

Well in September CP is gonna need more buses, I heard a rumor they might pull some CNGs out of storage if there's any left, if not then they'll find something to full the gap

I heard differently...this is where the whole "wait and see" shtick comes in...

5115's got a Hanover? I'd be pretty amused seeing that pull up on the M8...

Yup, 5105-5115 have them, except for 1 or 2 within that range (i think 5114 or so)

Well in September CP is gonna need more buses, I heard a rumor they might pull some CNGs out of storage if there's any left, if not then they'll find something to full the gap

None, last I remember. The scrap list was a whole long line of CNGs.

Last I was told, the 75 Hybrids from Gun Hill will be going to MTA Bus to close the gap in the shortage, the C40LFs will be headed back to regular service at College Point.

But until then, let's just wait and see. We have two or so weeks.

Edited by Cait Sith

None, last I remember. The scrap list was a whole long line of CNGs.

Last I was told, the 75 Hybrids from Gun Hill will be going to MTA Bus to close the gap in the shortage, the C40LFs will be headed back to regular service at College Point.

But until then, let's just wait and see. We have two or so weeks.

what will replace the hybrids at Gun Hill?

1305/6 are gone.

The O5 CNGs can be anywhere out of CP/LGA (mostly LGA now) but apparently one does the 5PM on the dot Q19 out of Flushing every weekday.

The Bees are all at BP and they don't really run outside rush hour.

Wait, so no more Bees at FR/JFK? I mean sure I haven't really been taking the Q35 as much as I usually would, but I didn't think all the Bees were gone from there. So I take it JFK and LGA took some ogs in exchange?

Wait, so no more Bees at FR/JFK? I mean sure I haven't really been taking the Q35 as much as I usually would, but I didn't think all the Bees were gone from there. So I take it JFK and LGA took some ogs in exchange?

FR and JFK's Bee-Line Orion 5s were either retired or displaced by the end of July, if I recall correctly.