BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, I'm trying to catch an old bus before it retires, Where and what time is the best chance to catch an Orion V CNG, an old Bee-Line Orion V, or Orion V #1305/1306?

1305/6 are gone.

The O5 CNGs can be anywhere out of CP/LGA (mostly LGA now) but apparently one does the 5PM on the dot Q19 out of Flushing every weekday.

The Bees are all at BP and they don't really run outside rush hour.

Their runs are sporadic and must be hunted down by other busfans before the rest of the busfan pack gets to the bus lol.

Well that's the situation with the remaining #9800's in general.

Reason I suggest the Q67 is due to #9899 being a repeat throughout last week. Ultimately it's up to the individual to decide what they want to go after, if they do choose to at all.

Well that's the situation with the remaining #9800's in general.

Reason I suggest the Q67 is due to #9899 being a repeat throughout last week. Ultimately it's up to the individual to decide what they want to go after, if they do choose to at all.

9999 was on there once last week....

Anyone seen an old C40LF today? I'm at 5th Ave right now.

Not sure but there should be one at Grand St at around 6:47 heading to Box St so it should leave prospect pk like at 6:05 something like that but I'm not sure. I'm saying this cause I saw an old C40 at 6:47 at Grand St and then the next day I saw another one at around 6:45

Enough with damn #9899! Seriously.

Getting back back to the topic, I hope.

A random thought/question: Why is it that a good majority of the fans of the Orion V CNG's are considerably younger than the actual buses themselves?

What's the logic in that, making up for lost time or something? I don't get it.

A random thought/question: Why is it that a good majority of the fans of the Orion V CNG's are considerably younger than the actual buses themselves?

I'm not sure if that's a serious question, but I lol'd quite hard while reading this on break.

LOL... I can't wait for those buses to be scrapped.  :D

I'm not sure if that's a serious question, but I lol'd quite hard while reading this on break.

It is and it isn't. While I'd say it's self explanatory I would like to hear some viewpoints, especially from the fans themselves.

LOL... I can't wait for those buses to be scrapped.  :D

Yeah, they seem to be dying out, slowly though. Only thing I can say about them is that they were one of the first environmentally sensitive fleets in NYC. Other than that they've aged horribly.