BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know golden touch has RTS,orion V's and D40LF's and they're for the employees

And I thought they were running them in PA shuttle service, I always wanted to catch the golden touch shuttles

I did actually see one in Port colors a few months ago parked on the farmac from the (A) shuttle. Never see it in their lot by the service center though. Could be out there in case of an emergency where they'd be evacuating a plane or something.

Golden's got RTS, the Flyers and a bunch of Gilligs, not sure what happened to the Orion Vs. The shuttles that run for American between Terminal 8 and building 10/12 are the ones where you'll see the bulk of the RTS and D40s.

I did actually see one in Port colors a few months ago parked on the farmac from the (A) shuttle. Never see it in their lot by the service center though. Could be out there in case of an emergency where they'd be evacuating a plane or something.

They actually use that bus for fire training.

Saw an XD40 on the B6 today (looked like 4886) that had a bunch of those little purple LIMITED signs in the front...and also something I've somehow never seen before: a little green EXPRESS sign in the middle. Bus driver gonna troll.

There's one driver at Ulmer Park that always uses that sign

Just want to thank the si bus drivers who are doing an amazing job despite the shortage issues. The S40 bus needs articulated buses asap or more service because it is becoming overcrowded every single time I ride it now. The S44 is doing very well now as well no need for any changes. The RTS are finally back on the line and they are good ones from brooklyn. The Select Bus Service hybrids are appearing on every line except the S79 lol. The S79 even had a RTS on it as well.

The S40, not even close to enough ridership for artics. If you're talking the S40 from the ferry, you might want to catch a bus that doesnt connect with a ferry so that you're guaranteed a seat.

As for the RTS' return to the Island, word is, that it's only temporary.

Edited by S78 via Hylan

How are the turn signals operated on buses? On cars you have a lever on your left hand side that you flick up and down to activate the right/left signals, but I don't see them on buses. Also, they don't seem to cancel out even after you make a turn, unlike cars where the signals self cancel. Any bus driver know why? :P

How are the turn signals operated on buses? On cars you have a lever on your left hand side that you flick up and down to activate the right/left signals, but I don't see them on buses. Also, they don't seem to cancel out even after you make a turn, unlike cars where the signals self cancel. Any bus driver know why? :P

Not a bus operator myself, but I'm familiar enough with most models. Generally turn signal switches are located on the floor on the left side of the steering column. In addition the toggle for highbeams is located intermediate of the turn signals.

Also, not that I'd know for sure, but I assume the signals don't cancel so that the operator has a greater amount of control of the signals. With some of the maneuvers that are made, along with the general length of the bus it's better that the signal stays on, as to avoid liability.

Edited by Turbo19

Not a bus operator myself, but I'm familiar enough with most models. Generally turn signal switches are located on the floor on the left side of the steering column. In addition the toggle for highbeams is located intermediate of the turn signals.

Also, not that I'd know for sure, but I assume the signals don't cancel so that the operator has a greater amount of control of the signals. With some of the maneuvers that are made, along with the general length of the bus it's better that the signal stays on, as to avoid liability.

The signal stays on for however long you keep the turn pedal pushed