BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah them rims were not made for stop and go traffic. They would heat up and blow the ties out

Damm was it like that (Martin Voice). Nah but even tho I like the 1999 models the most, the one bus I use to go crazy for back then was a JG Orion V CNG with sliver wheels & Cummings transmission! What??

Edited by SevenEleven

Damm was it like that (Martin Voice). Nah but even tho I like the 1999 models the most, the one bus I use to go crazy for back then was a JG Orion V CNG with sliver wheels & Cummings transmission! What?? MY NIGGA! MY NIGGA! LMAO (Knuckles voice)

Uh, yeah, the language............you know.......................

9168 on the Q35 today, the ride was just terrible (made odd jerking type movements). On the flip side, B41 on the way home was smooth and the driver was flooring it, great ride.

most of the JFK RTS rides terrible tbh (not to bring out a negative comment), even the front and back look ripped

To our Q38 riders

There's a new fall 2013 schedule for the Q38 , with both major, and minor revampments to the schedule

Weekdays: One minor Adjustment on some buses traveling between 69 street and the Queens Center Mall.

Saturdays

Corona bound buses: Run times enlargened from 35 minutes to 38-49 minutes all day

Buses will get an extra minute of runtime between 108 and 63 Drive, as well as an extra minute between Dry Harbor Road and the Middle Village (M) train station. Depending on the time of day, the time alloted may have increased by one minute between 69 street and the Queens Center Mall. 4-6 extra minutes were alloted between Queens Center Mall and the terminal in Corona (used to be 5 minutes to only get there , now 11 minutes, even though it was never 5 minutes).

Forest Hills Bound Buses: Buses depart 15 minutes earlier the Corona Terminal; Buses from 6:30 AM to 10:50 AM departing Corona will now arrive at the opposite terminal in 38-43 minutes instead of 45 minutes; Buses from 11:10 AM to 2:10 PM departing Corona will now arrive at the opposite terminal in 53-55 minutes instead of 45-56 minutes. Buses from 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM will now arrive at the opposite terminal in 61-62 minutes, instead of 43-54 minutes. After 5:50 PM, all buses will have 40-44 minutes of runtime compared to 43-45 minutes.

One Minute is reduced and up to one minute is added to run time between QCM at 69 street. 

One or Two Minutes were reduced between 69 street and the (M) train station. 

3 minutes were reduced and up to 4 minutes were added between Dry Harbor and 63 Drive, and between the (M) train and Dry Harbor, 2 minutes were added and up to 5 minutes were.

50% more travel time is alloted between 63 Drive and Forest Hills (used to be 3 minutes, now 6 minutes)

Sundays:

15 minute changes in bus schedule Forest Hills Bound only, and 4-7 more minutes is given per run.

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

most of the JFK RTS rides terrible tbh (not to bring out a negative comment), even the front and back look ripped

Well being that they are 2nd hand buses, it could be the depot 'not giving a damn'. As it is 'not their problem anymore'. And of course JFK I dunno, I kinda have to give them a slight pass because they are overworked dealing with FR on top of their own fleet. But then again it was Gangrene lines... and it was among the worst with Trihoror lines.

That was just a short turn to 14th but the op put in the wrong sign. No Quill buses (or 126 buses, for that matter) have run the whole M5 route.

Why are there so many M5 short turns?  I've never seen one to 14th street. The only thing I can think of is too much bunching going on because those M5's sometimes run 3-4 in a pack.

Well, you're probably thinking of the M5 southbound, of which very few turn at 14th (9th St.--which is really 8th--and Chambers are much more common). Northbound, the short turns are almost all extra runs or put-ins from Quill meant to supplement subway service from Chambers to 14th. The usual route is SF to 14th, and then a bus will either DH down the WSH back to SF or take 5th and Bway in service downtown. 

Well, you're probably thinking of the M5 southbound, of which very few turn at 14th (9th St.--which is really 8th--and Chambers are much more common). Northbound, the short turns are almost all extra runs or put-ins from Quill meant to supplement subway service from Chambers to 14th. The usual route is SF to 14th, and then a bus will either DH down the WSH back to SF or take 5th and Bway in service downtown. 

Yeah I finally saw one to Chambers the other night.  Are these random runs as opposed to actually being on the schedule or what?

I'm on BusTime and there's only 1 bus(6770) on the M106. I know it's a crosstown, but still, that's ridiculous.

Probably a momentary glitch. BusTime show 3 out there now.

Yeah I finally saw one to Chambers the other night.  Are these random runs as opposed to actually being on the schedule or what?

Don't know about random, but they're definitely not scheduled. M5 runs are also 2xx on the runbox, but these put-ins are all X-pieces or 5xx; in plain English, they're all put-ins. 

Don't know about random, but they're definitely not scheduled. M5 runs are also 2xx on the runbox, but these put-ins are all X-pieces or 5xx; in plain English, they're all put-ins. 

Very interesting... All of this added service and ridership is plummeting on the line.  They would be better off just putting the M6 back.

Very interesting... All of this added service and ridership is plummeting on the line.  They would be better off just putting the M6 back.

I know I had no problems with the M1 to SF and the M6 local. The lack of a Limited on 6th Ave annoys the shit out of me, and M5 service only got worse with the extension. Likewise, the M1 is now just a pointless duplication of the M3 and M2 (when local) for some 105 blocks. 

I tend to be against put-ins in the first place, partially because it drives me nuts when a bus short-turns since I'm at the end of a few routes, and partially because it's a band-aid fix on a larger problem. At least send a full run.

What's a deadhead?

It's any amount of travel not in service either from depot-route, route-depot, route-route, whathaveyou. It's when an operator's paid to drive with the lights out, basically, hence why it's often known as running dark (or, ironically, running light).