BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

When I search up Kissena Blvd on Wikipedia, I manage to find this as the picture

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kissena_Boulevard

Some of those Orion V apparently ran for College Point. I wonder why that happened.

These are from that wikipedia page (by Adam, of course):

MTA_Bus_Company_Orion_V_6020.jpg

20090710050551%21MTA_Bus_Company_Orion_V

This from BusTalk (by Joe Caronetti and Richard Aaron):

mid_6011-DSC_8410a.jpg

mid_6012-DSC_0455a.jpg

mid_6020-DSC_8684a.jpg

mid_6066Q66CIMG2736.jpg

mid_MTABus6120Q65IMG_1530.jpg

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5605 on the M116 right now

Not surprised, you'll always find an artic there since the line is mostly 126 with Mannyville trippers. I just wonder if they ever happen to throw the luggage rack buses on the line.

Some of those Orion V apparently ran for College Point. I wonder why that happened.

Service increase on some lines+a small shortage in buses that caused these, Orion V 304 and another Orion V to operate out of College Point.

Edited by Cait Sith

That's awesome. So much for those stupid NIMBYS' attempt to block the SBS. M60 really needed it because 125 Street is congested as hell.

Is this the Murder-the-XD40s campaign?

Exactly he wants those buses ran down to the ground. If there were ever a swap I would first send them to either Fresh Pond or Grand Avenue before sending them to any other bourough. ENY doesn't believe in having buses look good with their XD40's having many places where the paint is missing and I only saw one C40LF with that problem.

XcelsiorBoii4888, on 16 Oct 2013 - 08:37 AM, said:

I feel like CAS and CH maintenance is wayy better than all you guys make of it.

Yukon is awful...that i understand. But by me riding those buses everyday, They look good for how nuch they go through

Definitely agree, Charleston and Castleton has been putting in a hell of a lot of work. 

Sooo...this happened.

a8dfb04b542f80921be8830df1521c55.png

6218 was also out there.

They have a lot of power left in them and besides the (MTA) needs them at this time.

Yeah I know. I just wish they could can them already.  I think from my experiences on Staten Island with those buses (filthy, duct tape on the handlebars and lack of AC) that I have an extreme dislike of them.  If they were better maintained I would probably have a different view of them.

Yeah I know. I just wish they could can them already. I think from my experiences on Staten Island with those buses (filthy, duct tape on the handlebars and lack of AC) that I have an extreme dislike of them. If they were better maintained I would probably have a different view of them.

They are not the way they use to be. Now these buses are constantly getting swapped so they all look the same. There are still a few good units at CS, ECH,KB and GH.

Yeah I know. I just wish they could can them already.  I think from my experiences on Staten Island with those buses (filthy, duct tape on the handlebars and lack of AC) that I have an extreme dislike of them.  If they were better maintained I would probably have a different view of them.

I heard that they would be gone by the end of the year. But I agree that Orion 5 buses are the worst. They look like a dead whale pulled from a giant trash can and they make annoying sounds when they pull out of a bus stop. And now I have to see those disgusting, filthy buses on the B13 which is one of my home routes.