BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Was on an RTS B38 today (9519 GA Depot) and tons of passangers get on at DeKalb and Marcus Garvey. Then I look out the window and see an empty Orion V not moving or anything. I guess it was a break down. That's like the third one GA had with Orion Vs right?

What were te first two anyways (so lost) ?

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since we don't have unplanned service changes for buses, I thought i'd throw these service updates in:

Due to the Brooklyn Bridge reconstruction project, M9 and M22 are running with delays. Allow additional travel time.

Due to roadwork on the Queensboro Bridge, westbound Q60 buses are detouring. Additional details at mta.info. Other detours:

Northbound Bx8 at Bronxwood Av and 226th Street due to a crane operation.

Northbound B67 and B69 buses due to the closure of the Brooklyn Bridge ramp.

Westbound Q32 and Q60 buses are bypassing stops between Van Dam Street and Queens Plaza North due to heavy traffic. Allow additional travel time.

Edited by lupojohn

Well that's different. They're from the same depot. The Q53 and 64 are from different depots.

Really doesnt have to do with anything. The point is to save time and not waste money on doing one for each when there's enough space for two. As long as the changes are similar in type (i.e adding service, adding stops, taking away stops), they'll put two or three routes if they have the space.

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

Really doesnt have to do with anything. The point is to save time and not waste money on doing one for each when there's enough space for two. As long as the changes are similar in type (i.e adding service, adding stops, taking away stops), they'll put two or three routes if they have the space.

So explain when I rode a JA route, I saw changes regarding the Q4, 5 and 30. Same for a QV route regarding the Q43.

They were on flyers, but on buses from their respective depots.

The Q53 and Q64 are both from LGA and CP , respectively, so it makes sense. Also, any routes from any other depots that have routes that intersect it are also posted at times (depends). BP might have it for the sole reason it runs a Q64 tripper.

Completely New Routes Usually are posted throughout the divisions and boroughs the bus uses (e.g ; the Bx46 will have Bronx Only Routes; B32 will be posted throughout the Brooklyn and Queens Division).

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

I remember taking an Orion out of Flatbush via the B1... good times. Too bad they don't do that anymore, used to get on everyday with the same bus driver.

I hated how I would always miss it getting out of school.My MS(IS 30) would dismiss at 2:25 and the bus was scheduled for 2:26 and I would run my --- off and miss the bus only because it had the light and I didnt... <_<

I remember taking an Orion out of Flatbush via the B1... good times. Too bad they don't do that anymore, used to get on everyday with the same bus driver.I hated how I would always miss it getting out of school.My MS(IS 30) would dismiss at 2:25 and the bus was scheduled for 2:26 and I would run my --- off and miss the bus only because it had the light and I didnt... <_<

I wonder why they stopped doing tht. That short run brought people from kingsborough to the train and when flatbush stopped tht run UP didn't pick it up...Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk now Free

I

Edited by NYSubwayBuff

Well that's different. They're from the same depot. The Q53 and 64 are from different depots.

So explain when I rode a JA route, I saw changes regarding the Q4, 5 and 30. Same for a QV route regarding the Q43.

They were on flyers, but on buses from their respective depots.

You're putting too much stock into the depot aspect of it......

He's (Q23's) right in that - When service changes are posted, they don't have to be grouped into what depot they run out of.... But It's really not grouped into the type of changes they are either... If they could, they would put as many changes of a given route on that size paper (of the flyer) they could....

They tend to stick those flyers/notifications on buses in the borough where said change will take place, which makes sense..... You'll see more flyers of the changes of the sort on buses that directly serve those areas.... The thing with Queens is that, you'll see the MTABus route changes on MTABus routes & NYCT changes on NYCT routes.....

The posting of notifications on buses it's not a depot specific thing... It's a system-wide thing - Which is the way it should be.

He's (Q23's) right in that - When service changes are posted, they don't have to be grouped into what depot they run out of.... But It's really not grouped into the type of changes they are either... If they could, they would put as many changes of a given route on that size paper (of the flyer) they could....

They tend to stick those flyers/notifications on buses in the borough where said change will take place, which makes sense..... You'll see more flyers of the changes of the sort on buses that directly serve those areas.... The thing with Queens is that, you'll see the MTABus route changes on MTABus routes & NYCT changes on NYCT routes.....

The posting of notifications on buses it's not a depot specific thing... It's a system-wide thing - Which is the way it should be.

In Queens the posters are posted on mta bus and NYCT buses. I'm sitting on an LGA bus and there is a poster for the b32. I was on the Q46 the other day and it had a poster about the q33, q70, and q72 changes .

Not really because I saw a Q2 and Q110 poster about Belmont Park Service. I still see Q70LTD posters on QV, CS and JA routes.

In Queens the posters are posted on mta bus and NYCT buses. I'm sitting on an LGA bus and there is a poster for the b32. I was on the Q46 the other day and it had a poster about the q33, q70, and q72 changes .

Not really because I saw a Q2 and Q110 poster about Belmont Park Service. I still see Q70LTD posters on QV, CS and JA routes.

Then there's absolutely no rhyme or reason then as to what notifications go on what buses.