BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ATU depots have it through their respective ATU divison website.

ATU?

It's an educated guess! Don't take it offensive! This isn't fact but VG8 is only taking a guess and maybe this is in fact proven or not. Don't get all out of shape!

It seems like you're the one overreacting to a general response.

Lol...you clearly said..."I'm not saying that happened in this case".

Exactly. Sometimes, people don't read the comments clearly enough.

1.ATU?

2. It seems like you're the one overreacting to a general response.

3. Exactly. Sometimes, people don't read the comments clearly enough.

1. Amalagated Transit Union

2. In all honestly, I don't think he overreacted.

3. Bro, that was directed at you... lol. 

XcelsiorBoii quoted that part because that's what VG8 said in his original post:

Just report it and he will be dealt with. The  (MTA) takes B/O's bypassing passengers very seriously because they don't want any discrimination lawsuits alleging that a B/O bypassed passengers because of their background or any of that.  I'm not saying that happened in this case but it has happened in the past and may still happen currently, so the idea is that EVERYONE is entitled to ride public transportation.  Once the report reaches management, they'll call him in and question him as to why he didn't pick up the passengers.  He may also be shadowed for a while too to see if he continues bypassing passengers.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Two random things to say....

Haven't seen this in awhile - driving at Union Street waiting for the light at Northern Blvd, three buses were together (an OG sandwiched between two NG's, two Q28 and one Q13) playing follow the leader.... one after the other turning. One after the other they stopped, and left together, and eventually terminated together....

Another thing...

"Rare sight" on the Q58 today, a very nice B/O let this woman running on, even after shutting the doors and was already waiting for the red light. He even kneeled the bus for her. This is "rare" because even on the Q28, if there's seats (there wasn't really any seats on that Q58 either) or if there isn't, there would be those people who run up to the bus and knock on the door, when it's already shut and waiting at the red light. 9 times out of 10 the B/O will just leave and not care. Not saying they have to open the doors, but it would be nice for them to do it. 

1. Amalagated Transit Union

2. In all honestly, I don't think he overreacted.

3. Bro, that was directed at you... lol. 

XcelsiorBoii quoted that part because that's what VG8 said in his original post:

1. Thank you.

2. You don't know all the nonsense between us(which I won't bring up here).

3. I don't really read many of his previous posts. Usually very long.

Moving on, what depot and what type of buses will the M12 use?

What's the difference between the X10 and X10B?

The X10 makes all scheduled stops, the X10B goes via West Street in Lower Manhattan, skipping it's current route south of Chambers (in the AM) and south of Houston (in the PM), and making stops along West instead.

What's the difference between the X10 and X10B?

The X10B goes non-stop to Manhattan after the stop at Slosson & Schmidts' Lane in Staten Island.  Once in Manhattan it runs over by West Street serving the WFC (World Financial Center).  Eventually it makes its way east taking the regular X10 routing.  Going back to Staten Island, it does the same thing... It heads west along East Houston after turning off of Broadway, makes it way over to West St, serves the WFC, and then goes into the Battery Tunnel and runs non-stop until the Slosson stop.  Usage is very good on the X10B as well.  Not only is it a variant of the X10C, but it's also a super express of it too since it skips all of the stops that the X10C up until Slosson Avenue.  I used to use it when I lived on Staten Island, and it's much quicker than the regular X10C.  It only runs during the week during the rush, but on a few occasions, on weekends, so X10 drivers have run as if they were X10B buses, skipping all of the stops after Slosson and heading straight to the Verrazano.  It's happened going to Staten island too but in that instance the B/O asked if anyone needed stops before Slosson, and since no one did he stayed on the SIE until we go to the Slosson exit.  The X12 is also a super express variant. It takes the same route as the X10C in the city, but runs like a super express X10B, making its first stop at Slosson too, but stops a few blocks north over at Slosson and Victory.  Great time saver.  I would use that bus when working in the office later, grab the last one and make it home a good 10 - 20 minutes earlier than if I were to take the X10C.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

I don't really read many of his previous posts. Usually very long.

Moving on, what depot and what type of buses will the M12 use?

Well then that explains why you misinterpreted his response.

Anyway, I believe the M12 will be a MJQ bus.

The X10B goes non-stop to Manhattan after the stop at Slosson & Schmidts' Lane in Staten Island.  Once in Manhattan it runs over by West Street serving the WFC (World Financial Center).  Eventually it makes its way east taking the regular X10 routing.  Going back to Staten Island, it does the same thing... It heads west along East Houston after turning off of Broadway, makes it way over to West St, serves the WFC, and then goes into the Battery Tunnel and runs non-stop until the Slosson stop.  Usage is very good on the X10B as well.  Not only is it a variation of the X10©, but it's also a super express of it too since it skips all of the stops that the X10© up until Slosson Avenue.  

Yeah because it runs during the rush hour and goes to SI, Lol, 

How come buses of the same order reprinted at different time? Shouldn't all the Orion VII OG's be reprinted or at least white backs since they started getting reprinted back in 2010 with the new scheme. Don't buses get their repainted every 3 years so why there at least 10-12 Orion VII's that are still in original scheme and many still in original white back scheme from 2009 and 2010.

So what bus replaces the X10C since the X10B goes super express suring the rush?

Other express bus lines... There are enough buses that serve Downtown and Midtown that service the stops past Slosson that they pick up during the times that the X10B runs.  The X14, X15 all serve the stops that the X10B don't, and further down towards Fingerboard, riders have even more express bus options (X1, X2, X3 and X9).  The X4, X5 & X8 bypass those areas since there are enough express buses running already.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Other express bus lines... There are enough buses that serve Downtown and Midtown that service the stops past Slosson that they pick up during the times that the X10B runs.  The X14, X15 all serve the stops that the X10B don't, and further down towards Fingerboard, riders have even more express bus options (X1, X2, X3 and X9).  The X4, X5 & X8 bypass those areas since there are enough express buses running already.

You forgot the X11... :D

Out of curiosity, where is the fuel tank on an Orion V? A mechanic friend of mine said that a bunch of ancillary equipment for the wheelchair lift is located immediately behind the fuel tank, and I haven't had a chance to talk to him since, but I would be interested in knowing how far that equipment is located from the front doors.

Thanks!