BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Put in for a transfer huh...?  :lol:

The old bldg. I used to work in, underwent new ownership.... So it's not a matter of putting in for a transfer.

The company will be uprooting (again)... As for when, I'll put it to you just like I put it to my underlings - Details have not been disclosed (well, more came after that, but it's irrelevant for the purposes of this post)..... I don't know if it'll be at the end of the year, next 3 years, next 5 years or what, but I'll say this much - Sooner is much better than f***in later....

Hopefully wherever we move to, will be somewhere in midtown (personal reasons)....

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The old bldg. I used to work in, underwent new ownership.... So it's not a matter of putting in for a transfer.

The company will be uprooting (again)... As for when, I'll put it to you just like I put it to my underlings - Details have not been disclosed (well, more came after that, but it's irrelevant for the purposes of this post)..... I don't know if it'll be at the end of the year, next 3 years, next 5 years or what, but I'll say this much - Sooner is much better than f***in later....

Hopefully wherever we move to, will be somewhere in midtown (personal reasons)....

Oh I see... Yeah we moved back in 2012, but stayed in Midtown.  The boss is on the Upper East Side so no way were they moving Downtown.  Any jobs that I've considered, I've told the recruiter that it MUST be in Midtown.  Even with the BxM18, I don't care for Downtown.  Too much construction and the streets are too damn narrow, dirty and too many damn people smoking.  There's no place to escape... Last year I interviewed for a new role in a company (senior management role) tha a recruiter contacted me about.  I figure I had nothing to lose so I went on the interview. The building is that one on the corner of Lex and 57th with the fountains... Would've been a great location...

The receptionist actually lived just a few blocks from me in Riverdale and took the BxM1 in... Unfortunately I didn't get it but that building would've been great to work in, but the requirements that they had were insane.  5 years management experience, multilingual (at least two languages), experience with marketing (which I have but not to the degree they were looking for), plus they wanted someone to run meetings and work with the marketing team and review all translated marketing material for various markets.  They were also making the job up as they went along, as it was a new job they had created, and I didn't feel excited about being in the dark about all of my roles within the company.  Sure they would've paid $75 - 80k a year or more, but I'm sure I would've been running around like a madman... Marketing is a crazy field, esp. when dealing with international (localization) projects.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

I think the Xcelsior is the fan favorite lol. Don't remember people going crazy over the artics at all.

Nobody really seems to anticipate their arrival. I sure don't :)

NYCTF should have a viewing party the next time around...  Even the (MTA) could make money from this, "rent" the bus for an evening before it it goes into service, rent an airport hanger at JFK, park the bus, sell tickets for dinner, drinks, and the unveiling of the new kid in town.  Ticket includes dinner and all the pictures you can take, bring your own drool...  LMAO!

NYCTF should have a viewing party the next time around...  Even the (MTA) could make money from this, "rent" the bus for an evening before it it goes into service, rent an airport hanger at JFK, park the bus, sell tickets for dinner, drinks, and the unveiling of the new kid in town.  Ticket includes dinner and all the pictures you can take, bring your own drool...  LMAO!

This was my idea in an effort to save the Bus Roadeo a couple years ago...... MTA was NOT interested at all! lol

I'm just waiting for LaGuardia to recieve the 4900-5200 RTS.

I can see them having trouble with the ZF RTSs, they refitting those things with Orange signs so I guess they will be sticking around, being that there oddballs you would think the TA would want to get rid of them asap but whatever.

Why aren't the Q10s that start at Queens Blvd at the subway entrance and end at 150th St or Rckwy Blvd shown on the bus schedules.

Also for me it is annoying that these buses make no stops until 83 Av.

These buses go on QB, then on 82nd Av and on KG Rd there is a QM18 express bus stop that could have service for Q10s, then it goes down lefferts and there is another QM18 stop at Austin St that could also be used, my dad said that one ride the B/O stopped there. Why do these buses exist in the first place?

I can see them having trouble with the ZF RTSs, they refitting those things with Orange signs so I guess they will be sticking around, being that there oddballs you would think the TA would want to get rid of them asap but whatever.

They only received new signs, since the ones the originally had were prone to freezing.

Plus they aren't really oddballs anymore since there is other buses with the same transmission (1200s), and others with a newer generation of it (LFSAs, 3Gs, LFSs).

Why aren't the Q10s that start at Queens Blvd at the subway entrance and end at 150th St or Rckwy Blvd shown on the bus schedules.

Also for me it is annoying that these buses make no stops until 83 Av.

These buses go on QB, then on 82nd Av and on KG Rd there is a QM18 express bus stop that could have service for Q10s, then it goes down lefferts and there is another QM18 stop at Austin St that could also be used, my dad said that one ride the B/O stopped there. Why do these buses exist in the first place?

Express buses were created to serve customers from outerlying areas into the city at a faster rate than the local bus to the subway, when there were no free transfers between buses or bus-to-subway connections. Times have changed, and the fares are higher now, specifically on the ex- PBL routes, and free transfers were introduced. You do have people who use the express bus over the train.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Express buses were created to serve customers from outerlying areas into the city at a faster rate than the local bus to the subway, when there were no free transfers between buses or bus-to-subway connections. Times have changed, and the fares are higher now, specifically on the ex- PBL routes, and free transfers were introduced. You do have people who use the express bus over the train.

that is not what I meant why do these Q10s exist not express buses, i know why for them

I'm just waiting for LaGuardia to recieve the 4900-5200 RTS.

That probably wont happen. 5105-5249 are getting the new signs, and will be the last to be retired. MTAB may get a few of them, but I have a strong feeling most of them will never see service in that division much like the 8600.

Naw, they are pretty good buses, and as mentioned above, there are plenty of ZF buses now. Flatbush and Ulmer Park do a pretty good job of maintaining them. 

This was my idea in an effort to save the Bus Roadeo a couple years ago...... MTA was NOT interested at all! lol

I was just kidding but it's cool you tried to do that...  Too bad (MTA) has such a stick up their ass, there seems to be community interest in new buses (at least from foamers) that they could actually profit off of it (or donate the money to charity) by doing something like I joked about; a viewing party or something.

The (MTA) is very mysterious and secretive, some city's make getting new buses a big community event, ribbon cutting for the first bus to come in.  Then again these municipalities see new buses a lot less than the (MTA) so it's more exciting for most.  It's really just a big press event...