BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been taking the B12 to LIRR ENY every day this week, and I'm noticing something rather odd.....

Either the schedule is not accurate/updated, or these drivers are doing their own thing (which I can't believe, being that ENY depot is right there).... I take the 4:40am trip (that gets to albany/clarkson around 4:50) that gets to Alabama around 5:10 (leaving me w/ about 15 mins. to spare, before the LIRR arrives @ 5:24)... Every single day this week, I've counted 4 buses heading towards Parkside (Q) b/w my wait for the bus & the time I get off at the last stop.....

For a ~ 20 min ride, I should not be seeing 4 buses in service in the opposite direction around 5 in the morning.... The buses are spread out, but still.... Usually, a bus towards parkside (Q):

- is making the turn off albany, onto clarkson (basically right across the street as I'm boarding the EB bus)

- along ENY av, close to making the turn onto albany

- is somewhere b/w ralph & saratoga

- is just leaving alabama av (as the bus I'm on, approaches alabama av)

* to note, when the bus I'm on discharges pax. at the terminal, it immediately goes over to the first WB pickup stop, and the b/o seems to be in a hurry every single time these past 4 days in doing that too..... So I wonder how much of a gap there is b/w [that bus that just leaves alabama av when the bus I'm on approaches alabama av], and [when the bus I'm on, actually goes back in service WB]......

I'm resorting to this, b/c I'm tired of just missing that 5:12 out of atlantic terminal (when I take that 4:56am (2) train, that JUST gets to atlantic around 5:11-5:12).... Can't wait until I start working in manhattan again (at least I can take the damn B46 to the express bus & be done with it.... (F) this LIRR shit)....

Aaaanyways that Bay Plaza was a f**kin mess tonight. Going there I didn't have any issues but that's cause I took the Bx23 and walked, saw a long line of cars coming in and the Bx12s were all jam packed. Leaving around 8PM it was a MOB of cars and people trying to leave. The Bx12 line was like something I've never seen before, every bus went out SRO leaving another SRO load behind and the buses were all late. By the time we got out onto Bartow it took us 20 minutes. Would've been much better off walking to Bartow and taking a Bx23 or Q50 to the (6), empty bus and just a bit of traffic until you get off Bartow.

That place ain't even that much, only a few places are open but it was mobbed like Black Friday in there.

Aaaanyways that Bay Plaza was a f**kin mess tonight. Going there I didn't have any issues but that's cause I took the Bx23 and walked, saw a long line of cars coming in and the Bx12s were all jam packed. Leaving around 8PM it was a MOB of cars and people trying to leave. The Bx12 line was like something I've never seen before, every bus went out SRO leaving another SRO load behind and the buses were all late. By the time we got out onto Bartow it took us 20 minutes. Would've been much better off walking to Bartow and taking a Bx23 or Q50 to the (6), empty bus and just a bit of traffic until you get off Bartow.

That place ain't even that much, only a few places are open but it was mobbed like Black Friday in there.

That's "da Bronx" for you... That's how they operate over there.

I don't understand why the DMV would issue the (MTA) a temp tag for this bus as the DMV issues temp tags to transport  a vehicle out of state.  I've never even personally seen a NY temp tag...  

Is there a clearer/closer pic of the tag I can see?

Edited by Burrstone

I don't understand why the DMV would issue the (MTA) a temp tag for this bus as the DMV issues temp tags to transport  a vehicle out of state.  I've never even personally seen a NY temp tag...  

My working theory is that they're shipping it back to New Flyer for a bit.

Didn't that new mall open up over there

I don't understand why the DMV would issue the (MTA) a temp tag for this bus as the DMV issues temp tags to transport a vehicle out of state. I've never even personally seen a NY temp tag...

NY Temp tags are all over; stop by any dealership and you'll see them. There's also a dealer/manufacturer variation that I could have imagined New Flyer using, but guess not.

1. Thank you.

2. You don't know all the nonsense between us(which I won't bring up here).

Excuse me?! Please don't start something which isn't true on here. I was trying to get the question/fact straight as it is not true and it's a guess. Please, Lupo.

Thanks, BM5 :lol:

I will see if I can get a closer pic for you before it gets a new plate.

I've been taking the B12 to LIRR ENY every day this week, and I'm noticing something rather odd.....

Either the schedule is not accurate/updated, or these drivers are doing their own thing (which I can't believe, being that ENY depot is right there).... I take the 4:40am trip (that gets to albany/clarkson around 4:50) that gets to Alabama around 5:10 (leaving me w/ about 15 mins. to spare, before the LIRR arrives @ 5:24)... Every single day this week, I've counted 4 buses heading towards Parkside (Q) b/w my wait for the bus & the time I get off at the last stop.....

For a ~ 20 min ride, I should not be seeing 4 buses in service in the opposite direction around 5 in the morning.... The buses are spread out, but still.... Usually, a bus towards parkside (Q):

- is making the turn off albany, onto clarkson (basically right across the street as I'm boarding the EB bus)

- along ENY av, close to making the turn onto albany

- is somewhere b/w ralph & saratoga

- is just leaving alabama av (as the bus I'm on, approaches alabama av)

* to note, when the bus I'm on discharges pax. at the terminal, it immediately goes over to the first WB pickup stop, and the b/o seems to be in a hurry every single time these past 4 days in doing that too..... So I wonder how much of a gap there is b/w [that bus that just leaves alabama av when the bus I'm on approaches alabama av], and [when the bus I'm on, actually goes back in service WB]......

I'm resorting to this, b/c I'm tired of just missing that 5:12 out of atlantic terminal (when I take that 4:56am (2) train, that JUST gets to atlantic around 5:11-5:12).... Can't wait until I start working in manhattan again (at least I can take the damn B46 to the express bus & be done with it.... (F) this LIRR shit)....

Put in for a transfer huh...?  :lol:

I apologize.... but I'm not that experienced in bus terms, so what is LBSS and what does it do??

LBSS stands for Load Based Shift Scheduling

It's to allow for buses with Allison transmissions to perform being as economically friendly as possible. Not burning to many fumes.

Someone else can explain it in more detail.

After listening to 7090, I prefer the 4800s...and I enjoy the sunroof.