BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so those are for additional service,

What would you do to help the route?

It's for extra service. Sometimes there are too many buses lined up on Kew Gardens Rd so they have buses start on Queens Blvd. Good part about them buses that start there is that they don't make any stops until it meets up with the regular Q10.

LMAO... Your new name should be CP Dispatcher...

Whatever, lol. Also something I saw was a QM3 apparently replacing a QM10 3 Avenue branch bus (I'm probably not joking with this one), because it came from 57 Avenue, and I did not see a single East Midtown QM10 at all today. There were also QM2's running via Hoffman.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

I'm not in the city so I haven't had a chance to swing by and talk to my guys at the depot--anybody got a scoop about what those O5s are doing at Manhattanville? 6004, 6242, and 6329 have all touched down over there. Nothing in service.

From what i'm hearing 6242 has seen service at least once.

From? The Bx12 is a Gun Hill Depot route(split with KB during the summer) and 6193 is a Gun Hill Bus.

I didn't know that, so that's why I said it was from Gun Hill. We don't all have access to that type of information regarding what routes use what depots in the summer. Also, I should know about what the 12 uses more than almost everyone here since I live a few minutes from the line and pass it almost every day. I see what equipment it uses and never saw that on there before.

Edited by lupojohn

I didn't know that, so that's why I said it was from Gun Hill. We don't all have access to that type of information regarding what routes use what depots in the summer. Also, I should know about what the 12 uses more than almost everyone here since I live a few minutes from the line and pass it almost every day. I see what equipment it uses and never saw that on there before.

You'll want to keep this around then.

http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=MTA_Regional_Bus_Operations_Depot_Roster

I use that a lot and no listing of the 12 at Gun Hill and Trevor just updated it. You mentioned The 12 uses GH during the summer, yet that isn't listed there.

From the wiki itself:

"We at NO TIME claim the roster to be 100% correct as buses do move constantly, but we do our best to get it as close as possible"

Just Saying...

But yes, the Bx12 is a GH/ KB Split during the summer

14475257114_bfc60551f6_o.jpg (Taken in late June)

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Three QM11's back to back to back this morning.... SMH.

Three back to back? Hell, I've never seen three QM11's in service in any one instance/waiting period...

Most I saw was 2, while waiting for either the x15 or x19 (can't remember which) years ago.....

(damn, come to think of it, I don't remember the last time I rode a SI express bus)

Edited by B35 via Church

Three back to back? Hell, I've never seen three QM11's in service in any one instance/waiting period...

Most I saw was 2, while waiting for either the x15 or x19 (can't remember which) years ago.....

(damn, come to think of it, I don't remember the last time I rode a SI express bus)

Yep, took a video of it too.

Yep, took a video of it too.

Yeah, I believe it happened (pre-posting of the video here).... What reason would you have to lie about that.....

Anyway, the last bus looked pretty packed... How were the loads of the first 2 QM11's?

On the surface (for anyone that knows how the QM11 runs), it sounds odd to have that happen on that route.....

Just like me seeing back to back (literally) B12's around 4:50am (albany/winthrop) early yesterday morning heading towards Parkside (Q) (sorry, no video).....

^^No excuse for that whatsoever; no bus route should be bunching at that time of day, not even the Q44 (that probably carries the heaviest that I can think of, off top, that time a day) - which I've also had happen one early sunday morning whilst @ Flushing (first bus, which was the bus I got on, was jammed packed.... then out of nowhere, a 2nd bus blew past us whilst on the whitestone); it was closer to 4am than 5am IIRC, and worse, it was on a weekend....

Edited by B35 via Church

Yeah, I believe it happened (pre-posting of the video here).... What reason would you have to lie about that.....

Anyway, the last bus looked pretty packed... How were the loads of the first 2 QM11's?

On the surface (for anyone that knows how the QM11 runs), it sounds odd to have that happen on that route.....

Just like me seeing back to back (literally) B12's around 4:50am (albany/winthrop) early yesterday morning heading towards Parkside (Q) (sorry, no video).....

^^No excuse for that whatsoever; no bus route should be bunching at that time of day, not even the Q44 (that probably carries the heaviest that I can think of, off top, that time a day) - which I've also had happen one early sunday morning whilst @ Flushing (first bus, which was the bus I got on, was jammed packed.... then out of nowhere, a 2nd bus blew past us whilst on the whitestone); it was closer to 4am than 5am IIRC, and worse, it was on a weekend....

For a bus route to have two buses bunched together at 4 in the morning you know the driver was fooling around. The Q44 runs every 20 or 30 mins at night and I believe once I've seen a Q44 Local bus crowded at 3AM in the morning. Now I wonder why the Q10 runs every 20 mins at night. Does the Q10 even get decent usage between 12-5AM in the morning to even need a bus showing up every 20 mins?

Why is ENY running that new Xcelsior soo much? I mean yeah I know it's their bus, but damnnn, four days in a row for a least eight hours a day?

A better question would be why are they constantly running it on the B14/B17 for the most part. (With the expection of it running on the Q24 & the B42 over the weekend)

Now I wonder why the Q10 runs every 20 mins at night. Does the Q10 even get decent usage between 12-5AM in the morning to even need a bus showing up every 20 mins?

Don't forget, between those hours you have tons of JFK employees that are either beginning their morning shift or coming off their late evening shift (myself included) and I can tell you that the Q10 gets a good amount of people. From what I've seen, JFK-bound buses pick up mostly at Atlantic and Liberty. Edited by S78 via Hylan