BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know what's going on with the B12;they have a weird detour going on? From what I can observe Eastbound buses are continuing on Clarkson to Utica then left on ENY Av where they follow the b17 to Troy then regular route. I'm unsure what Ocean Av bound buses are doing but just thinking about it just confuses me atm...

Side note: between the B44 and B46 LCL don't know which one is worse...What's the point in running service in that manner and it was sad to see the people waiting for the lcl so religiously as the B46 SBS passed by... the entire Sbs program is sickening...

Does anyone know what's going on with the B12;they have a weird detour going on? From what I can observe Eastbound buses are continuing on Clarkson to Utica then left on ENY Av where they follow the b17 to Troy then regular route. I'm unsure what Ocean Av bound buses are doing but just thinking about it just confuses me atm...

Side note: between the B44 and B46 LCL don't know which one is worse...What's the point in running service in that manner and it was sad to see the people waiting for the lcl so religiously as the B46 SBS passed by... the entire Sbs program is sickening...

Yeh. That detour is completely weird. A regular detour would be Clarkson, Utica, than right on East New York and regular.

B46 worse than B44. But the whole Brooklyn SBS rollout stinks ???? like hell. Both lines should of remain limited and have artics on both lines. The problem is DOT/MTA preaching this SBS service as if it's going to work.

Theoretically, what would need to happen for Jackie Gleason to get a few of Tuskegee's now spare D60HF's for the B9 shuttle extras that run from 59 Street (N)(R) to Bay Ridge?

The crowding is insane during the PM rush.

Diesel fuel not pumped from drums lol

Yeh. That detour is completely weird. A regular detour would be Clarkson, Utica, than right on East New York and regular.

B46 worse than B44. But the whole Brooklyn SBS rollout stinks like hell. Both lines should of remain limited and have artics on both lines. The problem is DOT/MTA preaching this SBS service as if it's going to work.

Yeah, that detour on the B12 is due to the street milling & repaving along Albany between Midwood (st) & Clarkson....

They still got the paper signage up at the Albany/Clarkson & the Albany/Winthrop stops.....

As for the side note, both have gotten pretty damn bad, but it's worse on the B46...

Yeah, that detour on the B12 is due to the street milling & repaving along Albany between Midwood (st) & Clarkson....

They still got the paper signage up at the Albany/Clarkson & the Albany/Winthrop stops.....

As for the side note, both have gotten pretty damn bad, but it's worse on the B46...

I totally agree on the latter part, and quite frankly FB needs more buses to cover the SBS. You even have some SBS buses covering the (3)(4) shuttle which to me doesn't make sense at all. Honestly and truthfully, the main depot that should be covering the shuttle is East New York and possibly Grand Avenue.

Brand new deliveries? I believe their part of the order is about to finish shortly.

No. Just a conga line of their 40footers. Everything XN40s, CNG's (c40lf and orion's). They were all splitting up and the bus op's stepped on it to make it up the ramp.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

I just saw a packed Q77 on Francis Lewis Blvd. Now I've seen it all.

I only see packed Q77's when they're full of schoolkids (during the weekday) & church ladies (on the weekend)....

They can get packed, the question is how often (the way I see it.... with how often, with commuters - aside from the former, on weekdays)....

It's been a few months and 6013 still can't be tracked. That bus even went back to the vendor once if I recall correctly. Is there a reason why? It's annoying because sometimes I see that bus go by knowing that I would have taken it if it was trackable..

I only see packed Q77's when they're full of schoolkids (during the weekday) & church ladies (on the weekend)....

They can get packed, the question is how often (the way I see it.... with how often, with commuters - aside from the former, on weekdays)....

Other routes like the Q31 and Q76 are also only full when school is in session. The thing with all 3 of those routes is that there are alternatives that take people to the where they need to go. For example if I needed to go to Jamaica Ave and 168th street why would I take the Q77 from Springfield and Merrick Blvd when I could take the Q5/Q5 LTD which will take me to my destination faster. Same for the Q31 and Q76 in Bayside and Fresh Meadows. I can get to Flushing much quicker on the Q12, Q13 and Q27 much faster than it would take for me to get to Jamaica. I don't think there is demand for Jamaica from NE Queens anyways.

Crazy how the new scheme came out right after 3 big bus orders completed, 2015 LFS, XD40, and Prevost. Would've been nice if all of those were in the new scheme now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supposedly i saw an article where M.B Prince Andrew was pressed by the legislature to speed up his "renewal" process

I'm on the last X17 with 10 standees and technically it's an extra bus (the last official bus leaves Midtown at 12 midnight, this guy leaves at 12:20am if he's not needed earlier)

In the meantime two retards let an X1 go by to catch the one in the back and the first one wasn't even that crowded. The B/O had to pull over from the left lane and missed the light to pick them up.

As for the 44/46 SBS, only reason why its bad is because of the decrease in stops right? If they both would've kept their original Limited stops then it would've been much better?

supposedly i saw an article where M.B Prince Andrew was pressed by the legislature to speed up his "renewal" process

I wonder when the express bus scheme will come out.

As for the 44/46 SBS, only reason why its bad is because of the decrease in stops right? If they both would've kept their original Limited stops then it would've been much better?

The local service has gotten worse (Less frequent, or at least more unreliable) since SBS has been implemented. It comes down to more than just the elimination of a few limited stops.