More LFSs & More Goods....

Cait Sith

via White Plains Road was with me and we were short on time so I got as many shots as I possibly could...all shots taken yesterday.

DSC04052.jpg

DSC04060.jpg

DSC04067.jpg

DSC04072.jpg

DSC04080.jpg

DSC04081.jpg

DSC04082.jpg

DSC04083.jpg

DSC04084.jpg

DSC04087.jpg

DSC04088.jpg

DSC04089.jpg

DSC04095.jpg

DSC04096.jpg

DSC04107.jpg

DSC04111.jpg

DSC04085.jpg

Others....

DSC04046.jpg

DSC04048.jpg

DSC04053.jpg

DSC04055.jpg

DSC04058.jpg

DSC04074.jpg

DSC04077.jpg

DSC04091.jpg

DSC03982.jpg

DSC03994.jpg

DSC03997.jpg

DSC04021.jpg

DSC04040.jpg

Two unrelated vids since I dont want to make separate topics. One music video and one Staten Island Railway video...

Excellent job CS. Still pretty surprised to see 40ft LFSes in regular service, but I'll be getting used to it soon. To think we've got 60 more of these, then the 3Gs, the New Flyers... So much good stuff coming up.

Great catches, and good to get those 39xx buses before they're gone (and likewise the FP RTSes). 6228 looks ridiculous, nice catch. Love the NIS shot of 8005, great shot of 1238 as well. Well done.

Btw, you ever check out the D shuttle?

Yeah I did, what caught be by surprise was 6742.

Nice shots! :tup: I happened to catch the only NG running on the S40 today, while all the rest were Novabuses. Something really stood out to me in those pictures and after a few times, I realized it was the hybrid on the S84! Those NGs were supposed to be sent to Charleston back in January.

ha i remember 1289 on the M35 with the LED tilt. When is 126 gonna fix that?

Great pixs and seein u again with viaWPR)!

im proud to say that i was the first one to write that up when the bus came in for a C inspection

Nice shots! :tup: I happened to catch the only NG running on the S40 today, while all the rest were Novabuses. Something really stood out to me in those pictures and after a few times, I realized it was the hybrid on the S84! Those NGs were supposed to be sent to Charleston back in January.

No they weren't! Charelston wasnt to get NG's. The NG were only sent recently due to the High Road Call volume out at Charleston.(they dont fix shit!) They recently placed the Geo fence in for the regen system. The Orion V's sent to castleton in exchange have all been worked over at least once already. I know that 5 of the buses had fuel tanks replaced, 3 had transmissions replaced 4 have had the wheel chair platforms replaced or repaired, and ALL 21 of the Orion V's have had the A/C systems repaired or checked already.

People talk abouut Castletons maintenance being shotty, we have the least amount of road calls on SI now and our buses go more miles before breakdown than the 3 remaining depots on SI!(Charleston being the worst followed closely by Yukon, then Meredith)

Now since the x22 is likely to get the park and ride service, Charleston is either splitting the Prevost order with or taking them all from Yukon

No they weren't! Charelston wasnt to get NG's. The NG were only sent recently due to the High Road Call volume out at Charleston.(they dont fix shit!) They recently placed the Geo fence in for the regen system. The Orion V's sent to castleton in exchange have all been worked over at least once already. I know that 5 of the buses had fuel tanks replaced, 3 had transmissions replaced 4 have had the wheel chair platforms replaced or repaired, and ALL 21 of the Orion V's have had the A/C systems repaired or checked already.

People talk abouut Castletons maintenance being shotty, we have the least amount of road calls on SI now and our buses go more miles before breakdown than the 3 remaining depots on SI!(Charleston being the worst followed closely by Yukon, then Meredith)

Now since the x22 is likely to get the park and ride service, Charleston is either splitting the Prevost order with or taking them all from Yukon

I'm completely baffled by that... Charleston has a completely new facility, so why can't they repair their own fleet?

Meredith I could understand. I'm not even sure that that is a depot, but rather just a parking garage.

Castleton was terrible because they had terrible managment in place before. Things improved a little bit since new folks have arrived, but it still could better in terms of cleanliness.

And what is Yukon's excuse? They shouldn't be overcapacity now that they have room.

Wow, it was mentioned sometime back in December/Jan 2011 that Charleston would receive the 44xx NGs eventually. It's good to hear though that Castleton is doing the right things when it comes to maintenance. They're definitely not "shotty" anymore, as before they wouldn't maintain a bus until it was so beat down that it would just ignite flames! (anyone remember the S40 bus that caught on fire? there were a lot more incidents like that but didn't make the media like the S40 one did) It's safe to assume that these days, Castleton performs a lot of preventative maintenance.

Wow, it was mentioned sometime back in December/Jan 2011 that Charleston would receive the 44xx NGs eventually. It's good to hear though that Castleton is doing the right things when it comes to maintenance. They're definitely not "shotty" anymore, as before they wouldn't maintain a bus until it was so beat down that it would just ignite flames! (anyone remember the S40 bus that caught on fire? there were a lot more incidents like that but didn't make the media like the S40 one did) It's safe to assume that these days, Castleton performs a lot of preventative maintenance.

It all comes down to the new management we have in maint! They were placed there because of the incidents you mentioned like fires, and don't forget the wheels flying off back in 05,06! but now if I bring them an issue from either myself or another driver, it gets fixed.

It all comes down to the new management we have in maint! They were placed there because of the incidents you mentioned like fires, and don't forget the wheels flying off back in 05,06! but now if I bring them an issue from either myself or another driver, it gets fixed.

They're doing better with the local buses, but the express buses could be better kept. Seems like most of them that I get on have the lights out and need to be changed. I guess they figure most of them will be retired anyway by next year.

Archived