R32's Doing Great

R32 3838

For The Past Week I been On the (C) Train, eventhough the summer hasn't start yet but we had some hot ass weather, But My freind that works at 207th was right, 207th had been working around the clock during the winter to make sure these bad boys won't have A/C problems, Every R32's i seen and been on, The A/C was working full blast, so there is no need for R46's to cover the (C) if any R32's have A/C problems, and we all should Know that NO R44 WILL EVER RE-ENTER SERVICE, So Don't Think That's Happening.

I got a question if the R32's came before the R38's how come the R38's Preceded the R32's in Retirement. Note if I spelled anything wrong just fix it for me.

The bodywork of the R32's is why they are still in service (and the only cars that came out before I was born that are such), and those remaining are likely to see 50 years+ before they retire, likely in 2015. The R-32s have already outlived three entire car classes (save for the R44s still running on Staten Island).

The bodywork of the R32's is why they are still in service (and the only cars that came out before I was born that are such), and those remaining are likely to see 50 years+ before they retire, likely in 2015. The R-32s have already outlived three entire car classes (save for the R44s still running on Staten Island).

Well depending how long the R179/R211 Takes to be built yea they will beat the R44-SIRT.

yeah, they will be here until they are like 52, I heard a rumor (I don't Beleve it) that they want to take some 4-car R160's from ENY and send them out there, But we know that the R46's will be retrofitted for the SIRT, But yeah the R32's have a very good body, Budd Made very good railcars.

For The Past Week I been On the (C) Train, eventhough the summer hasn't start yet but we had some hot ass weather, But My freind that works at 207th was right, 207th had been working around the clock during the winter to make sure these bad boys won't have A/C problems, Every R32's i seen and been on, The A/C was working full blast, so there is no need for R46's to cover the (C) if any R32's have A/C problems, and we all should Know that NO R44 WILL EVER RE-ENTER SERVICE, So Don't Think That's Happening.

A friend of mine that has friends at the MTA said that the R44's should go on the C during the summer time. Now you can't say they won't cause you don't know that information. It's up to the people above in the MTA to decide if the R44's will come back or not. So we just have to wait a another week or two. But what's your beef with the R44's they are "ok".

A friend of mine that has friends at the MTA said that the R44's should go on the C during the summer time. Now you can't say they won't cause you don't know that information. It's up to the people above in the MTA to decide if the R44's will come back or not. So we just have to wait a another week or two. But what's your beef with the R44's they are "ok".

Haven't you heard from IND Man, WHO KNOWS People That Work With the TA, And The MTA has Said it Themselves THAT the R44's WILL NOT RETURN TO SERVICE, If any problem happens with the R32's the R46's will cover it, They Are Stripping the R44's.

The R44s are not "ok." There's a reason why the MTA accelerated their retirement. As it stands (for the ones that haven't been scraped yet), they're a safety hazard.

Well the R44's along with the older cars that have had been retired had fiberglass ends, and carbon steel strips. This would make them more susceptible to wear and tear. If a train is made purely out of stainless steel like the R32's the bodies sustain much less of a wear and tear since pure steel is extremely strong and durable unlike the other steel parts that I mentioned.

first off the 44s are not leaving the yards. they were deemed unsafe for service by car equipment. they wont even let us take them out the yard because they are missing pieces. now the only reason why they are still sitting in the yards is because the train was the first federally funded train. so ta cant get rid of them before they get rid of the 32s. or they would lose fed money. so they just sit and get stripped in the yard.

as far as the 32s are going the ac's are working but we'll see how long they last.

The R38's had a smaller car order then the R32's, and they ran out of spare parts to keep them running. When they run out of parts it's time for them to hit the reefs.

It had more to do with age then parts,plus the R160's were the cars to replace them so their time came.

first off the 44s are not leaving the yards. they were deemed unsafe for service by car equipment. they wont even let us take them out the yard because they are missing pieces. now the only reason why they are still sitting in the yards is because the train was the first federally funded train. so ta cant get rid of them before they get rid of the 32s. or they would lose fed money. so they just sit and get stripped in the yard.

as far as the 32s are going the ac's are working but we'll see how long they last.

The cars are between 38 and 39 years old---how long do they have to be kept on property---until age 40? As for the cars---is it because the cars have internally rotted to the point where they aren't safe for service? 5248 was scrapped early for that reason (and parts for it went to 5284).

As for the R32s, they're as good as can be for 47-year old cars; no R-type has ever lasted this long in service.

Your friends' info is outdated. The R44 class is now retired.

They won't, and that's as heard by me who does not post speculation or have a vested interest in any particular car class.

The R38's had a smaller car order then the R32's, and they ran out of spare parts to keep them running. When they run out of parts it's time for them to hit the reefs.

Exactly, R38 were 1/3 of the orders of R32s and only 1/3 of the R32s are in service. The refurbishing helped also. Some of the R32s were refurbished in the manner of the R38 and developed the same rusted roof problems that the R38s developed.

The R32s a/c work now, will it hold up? Wait and see. As far as how the trains run, they're still going. But some of them are struggling mightily.

Yup three R32's taken out of Service Yesterday due to various problems...

Defect sheet filled almost every day..

Had to Cut out Two Door Panels last Saturday in my car(try doing that with no door fault lights on).

Oh and BTW 3393=Steam Bath...

That is Alll...

Archived