Same Sex Marriage Bill Passes the Senate

tvega961

That because if a child was gay they wouldn't tell there parents otherwise they would kicked them out or even worse send there kids the place to brainwash them from gay to straight.they would just have to wait until there adults and tell them the truth.true there are people that use to be straight but turn gay but some have been the closet since they were children.

Send them to read Playboy's. :(

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

However, I think that people choose to be who they are and what they like. Yes, I chose to like trains and buses when I was young, I chose to get involved into skateboarding when I was 15, and yes, I chose to be interested in women. But something definitely triggers our likes and dislikes...and we all know that when we don't like something we show it with dissatisfaction and grotesqueness. Just like 553 said, he became interested in white and Latinas and I'm sure there's a reason why he likes them over black women. For me, it was high school: I went to high school with Dominicans and Puerto Ricans and I was attracted to them, and in the instance with white girls, it was college since Staten Island is prominent with Italian-Americans.

Our likes and dislikes play a big part in our lives. To say that we are born to like and dislike things is kinda farfetched, but I guess that's just me.

Agreed!

All this crap about it being in the genes is crap, its still basically saying you were born gay. LRG its not farfetched, its just an excuse so there can be a logic behind someone being gay. Its a like/dislike/choice issue.

And East New York saying there have been studies saying proving its in the genes. I just dont believe that. In this world they come up with a study for everything so there can be a logic covering the real facts. You dont like women, so you like men; its a like/dislike/choice issue. You dont like dressing like a male, so you dress like a female, but thats a another issue.

Agreed!

All this crap about it being in the genes is crap, its still basically saying you were born gay. LRG its not farfetched, its just an excuse so there can be a logic behind someone being gay. Its a like/dislike/choice issue.

And East New York saying there have been studies saying proving its in the genes. I just dont believe that. In this world they come up with a study for everything so there can be a logic covering the real facts. You dont like women, so you like men; its a like/dislike/choice issue. You dont like dressing like a male, so you dress like a female, but thats a another issue.

LOL... Yep, that's another Pandora's box supersized. :eek:

I'm still waiting for the straight folks in here to man up and tell me if they "chose" to be straight.

I want to clarify something I said earlier about choice. I dont want it ro aound like im trying ro rebel against anything because im not. Plenty of people do things that are wrong and for me if I were to be with a woman, it would be absolutely wrong. Besides, I'm not sexually attracted to women so I don't know how that work lol

I'm still waiting for the straight folks in here to man up and tell me if they "chose" to be straight.

I want to clarify something I said earlier about choice. I dont want it ro aound like im trying ro rebel against anything because im not. Plenty of people do things that are wrong and for me if I were to be with a woman, it would be absolutely wrong. Besides, I'm not sexually attracted to women so I don't know how that work lol

Calm down buddy we dont have to "man up" lol and no one chooses to be straight for the simple fact that this is the way nature designed all living animals that reproduce. Science has still been unable to prove any gene o genetics that cause people to be homosexual. This is because homosexuality is a drect result of the envrinment the chile grew up in nd was exposed to. Its all learned behavior whether you want to admit it or not.

Whoa dude calm down, the first people on Earth "Adam & Eve" male & female is how its suppose to be. As Warduke said, thats how nature was designed. No one chose to be straight, the simple thats how its suppose to be.

I didnt choose to be straight, im straight because thats how its suppose be. As I said being gay is a choice, no one held a gun to your head and said be gay. You simply find men attractive, not a crime, but a choice. People can argue all day long and say study this and study that proves its in the genes....Bullshyt.....

Whoa dude calm down, the first people on Earth "Adam & Eve" male & female is how its suppose to be. As Warduke said, thats how nature was designed. No one chose to be straight, the simple thats how its suppose to be.

I didnt choose to be straight, im straight because thats how its suppose be. As I said being gay is a choice, no one held a gun to your head and said be gay. You simply find men attractive, not a crime, but a choice. People can argue all day long and say study this and study that proves its in the genes....Bullshyt.....

I don't know about that. We as a society are told that straight is "right" and gay is wrong. Now you're right in that people choose to date men or women, but who one is attracted to can't be "chosen" and I think that's the distinction that needs to be made. Sure Prince could choose not to be with men or whatever, but that still wouldn't mean that he wasn't gay now would it? That's like you choosing to stop being with Latinas and blanquitas. It doesn't mean that you're not attracted to them though. So while you can argue that being gay or straight is a choice, having an attraction to the same sex or the opposite sex is not a choice. You have no control over what you like. You can try to suppress it, but that doesn't mean that it goes away. That's like me. I have a thing for Latinas and Italian women and there isn't a thing that is going to change that so why should I try to fight that? I suppose that's what Prince means when he says being gay isn't a choice. In that regard he's correct. I commend him for being honest with himself and not living a lie. What good would he be doing getting with a chick when he has absolutely no interest in women? All he would be doing is trying to be something that he isn't to please who?? A bunch of people who go by some book that says we should all be with that person of the opposite sex. I mean for me I always questioned what my parents taught me. All I knew was growing up that I was wild about chicks, but it wasn't until recently that I sat down and thought about this whole issue, since it's been in the media like wildfire and I said let's just forget about how I was raised and what I believe in and look at logic for a second.

I don't who in the world would want to be gay by choice when you consider how society scorns homosexual people. I myself admit that transexuals especially freak me out and I'm not going to lie either, but that's a whole other topic as you said earlier. lol

Calm down buddy we dont have to "man up" lol and no one chooses to be straight for the simple fact that this is the way nature designed all living animals that reproduce. Science has still been unable to prove any gene o genetics that cause people to be homosexual. This is because homosexuality is a drect result of the envrinment the chile grew up in nd was exposed to. Its all learned behavior whether you want to admit it or not.

A learned behaviour??? So if a kid grows up in a straight household with a mother and a father, where do they learn this "learned behaviour" from??

I don't know about that. We as a society are told that straight is "right" and gay is wrong. Now you're right in that people choose to date men or women, but who one is attracted to can't be "chosen" and I think that's the distinction that needs to be made. Sure Prince could choose not to be with men or whatever, but that still wouldn't mean that he wasn't gay now would it? That's like you choosing to stop being with Latinas and blanquitas. It doesn't mean that you're not attracted to them though. So while you can argue that being gay or straight is a choice, having an attraction to the same sex or the opposite sex is not a choice. You have no control over what you like. You can try to suppress it, but that doesn't mean that it goes away. That's like me. I have a thing for Latinas and Italian women and there isn't a thing that is going to change that so why should I try to fight that? I suppose that's what Prince means when he says being gay isn't a choice. In that regard he's correct. I commend him for being honest with himself and not living a lie. What good would he be doing getting with a chick when has absolutely no interest in women? All he would be doing is trying to be something that he isn't to please who?? A bunch of people who go by some book that says we should all be with that person of the opposite sex. I mean for me I always questioned what my parents taught me. All I knew was growing up that I was wild about chicks, but it wasn't until recently that I sat down and thought about this whole issue, since it's been in the media like wildfire and I said let's just forget about how I was raised and what I believe in and look at logic for a second.

I don't who in the world would want to be gay by choice when you consider how society scorns homosexual people. I myself admit that transexuals especially freak me out and I'm not to lie either, but that's a whole other topic as you said earlier. lol

Its a like/dislike issue. When one realizes they dont like females they like males. Once that happens its very unlikely one will start liking females again.

Its a like/dislike issue. When one realizes they dont like females they like males. Once that happens its very unlikely one will start liking females again.

No question about it and like I said, you can't surpress what you like. I take that back. You could, but you would be quite miserable and would be living a lie. I don't think it's worth it. Living life is about being who you are and being proud of that, even if society doesn't approve of it. If we want to talk about how things should be, it was also stated that man is incapable of being perfect for having sinned from the start, so hey it was what it is. :)

I don't who in the world would want to be gay by choice when you consider how society scorns homosexual people. I myself admit that transexuals especially freak me out and I'm not going to lie either, but that's a whole other topic as you said earlier. lol [/Quote]

I dunno who in their right mind would choose to be communist during the 1950s and 60s but alot of Americans went whacko and chose that also.. So that blows your reasoning out of the water.

A learned behaviour??? So if a kid grows up in a straight household with a mother and a father, where do they learn this "learned behaviour" from??

Who knows? Maybe they were exposed to a gay person, or someone in their family molested them and either they do or dont remember it, maybe they were just exposed to sex and such a young early age and it made them overly horny and they are confused and dont know why? It could be a myriad of variables that one cant just say one thing caused it. But I agree it def is envrionmental circumstances and not nature. If there was proof, science would have proved it by now, like some sort of gene or defect..But its not, its all psychological.

When I was younger I HATED eating broccoli. I thought it tasted disgusting.. I loved eating sugary cerals.. Now that I am older I enjoy eating healthy and cringe when I try to eat sugary cereal in the morning. I dont know why my taste buds changed or my mentality towards food changed but it did.

I dunno who in their right mind would choose to be communist during the 1950s and 60s but alot of Americans went whacko and chose that also.. So that blows your reasoning out of the water.

Who knows? Maybe they were exposed to a gay person, or someone in their family molested them and either they do or dont remember it, maybe they were just exposed to sex and such a young early age and it made them overly horny and they are confused and dont know why? It could be a myriad of variables that one cant just say one thing caused it. But I agree it def is envrionmental circumstances and not nature. If there was proof, science would have proved it by now, like some sort of gene or defect..But its not, its all psychological.

When I was younger I HATED eating broccoli. I thought it tasted disgusting.. I loved eating sugary cerals.. Now that I am older I enjoy eating healthy and cringe when I try to eat sugary cereal in the morning. I dont know why my taste buds changed or my mentality towards food changed but it did.

LOL... You're a funny dude. Same thing with me. Ordered a broccoli roll last night w/garlic and such, but I wouldn't touch broccoli wehn I was a kid.

As far as the whole choice thing goes, my point was that sure people can choose to be gay, but who would when you have to go through so much sh*t. I don't see the logic in it. In a heterosexual world it's a lot easier to just be straight, don't you agree?? :)

LOL... You're a funny dude. Same thing with me. Ordered a broccoli roll last night w/garlic and such, but I wouldn't touch broccoli wehn I was a kid.

As far as the whole choice thing goes, my point was that sure people can choose to be gay, but who would when you have to go through so much sh*t. I don't see the logic in it. In a heterosexual world it's a lot easier to just be straight, don't you agree?? :)

I dunno dude, I know this lady who is a member of my family and she was a lesbian for decades and then one day she woke up and said what the hell am I doing with my life? Im not happy doing this anymore, I want a family and children before I cant do these things any more and she left her lover and eventually got married and started a family.

I dunno dude, I know this lady who is a member of my family and she was a lesbian for decades and then one day she woke up and said what the hell am I doing with my life? Im not happy doing this anymore, I want a family and children before I cant do these things any more and she left her lover and eventually got married and started a family.

Lol that wasnt all she missed if you catch my drift.....

LMAO... Now that's funny. I won't go into what I was thinking about the whole what the hell am I doing with my life, but yeah it gave me a good chuckle.

@ Bridgeton I was thinking the same thing. LOL

I can understand why a women would become a Lesbian but I can't comprehend why a man would become gay. Granted, women are annoying. They are picky when it comes to choosing men to date. They want guys who are tough, rich, and handsome. Average guys simply aren't good enough for most women. However, there are simply too many hot women in the world for a guy to become gay. Do not construe this as me being homophobic. I struggled in my first year of law school. The tutor who helped me get a B+ in Torts was a Lesbian. She dressed like a man and sounded like a man. Nevertheless, she was the best damn tutor. I'm not knocking your lifestyle. I'm sure you're a good person. But can you honestly look at the pictures below and say you're not turned on?

tina-fey-0901-01.jpg

megan-fox-2009.jpg

I can understand why a women would become a Lesbian but I can't comprehend why a man would become gay. Granted, women are annoying. They are picky when it comes to choosing men to date. They want guys who are tough, rich, and handsome. Average guys simply aren't good enough for most women. However, there are simply too many hot women in the world for a guy to become gay. Do not construe this as me being homophobic. I struggled in my first year of law school. The tutor who helped me get a B+ in Torts was a Lesbian. She dressed like a man and sounded like a man. Nevertheless, she was the best damn tutor. I'm not knocking your lifestyle. I'm sure you're a good person. But can you honestly look at the pictures below and say you're not turned on?

tina-fey-0901-01.jpg

megan-fox-2009.jpg

Comes down to attractions buddy. I'm sure some dudes wouldn't like the chick you posted and it doesn't mean that they're gay either. Me personally Asian chicks usually don't do anything for me. Post em all day and I'll just yawn. Now I've seen some pretty Asian chicks, but they just don't it for me. :)

I'm ready to believe that one's sexual orientation may be influenced by the environment one is raised in, but you can't completely rule biology out as a cause anymore than you can conclusively declare it as the only cause, which you are so loath to do. If homosexuality truly is a "learned" behavior, then how do you account for the wide variety of backgrounds from which LGBT individuals come? If 95-plus percent of gays and lesbians were adoptive children of gay couples and the other five percent had close, long-term bonds to a gay person or couple, then you'd be right. However, it's not that simple. LGBT people come from all cultures and all walks of life (Ted Haggert, anyone?), which pretty much eliminates any easy-to-pinpoint series of cultural factors to which you could link it. In the case of certain households that are strictly patriarchal and either toe or cross the line delineating abuse, then you could argue that homosexuals coming from that house are committing a conscious or subconscious rebellion. However, that brings me to my next point: if the model one chooses to cast aside is deeply flawed then is there not an element of health and growth in the act of casting it aside?

In more general terms, what's to say that the LGBT model is any less healthy overall than the standard man, woman, 2.4 little scamps, and white picket fence? Yes, anyone can point to cases of dysfunctional or troubled people who happen to be gay, but that means no more than taking a walk through the inner city and pointing to cases of dysfunctional and troubled youth as evidence that being poor or an ethnic minority means there's something inherently unnatural about you and they should all bleach their skin, pull money out of thin air, and religiously vote to slash taxes that keep them fed. If I were to suggest that theory in any way seriously you'd all want to strangle me for my sheer bigotry and stupidity, and you'd be right.

What's so different about LGBT people? It's simple: their difference is sexual, and anything involving the bedroom that's different from the norms is either ruthlessly pushed aside or joked about very uneasily. Thus, there's one more additional psychological barrier to push through: before one can be comfortable with sexual diversity one must be fairly comfortable with sex as a concept in and of itself. And before someone says it, general jokes referring to volume obtained, time lasted, size of equipment used, etc. does not constitute comfort, but is merely a way of cutting the topic down to size enough that it intimdates you less. Once you get comfortable with it the lines become a lot clearer as to what's OK and what's very much not.

In those terms, the line you have to watch for is what's predatory and/or flat-out disgusting, and being LGBT does not mean that you are intrinsically any one of these things. When you have two consenting adults bound together emotionally in a manner that most would call love, then I don't see how it could necessarily be a problem for them to be recognized in the same way as a straight couple would be. They're not inherently bad to raise children around, as a loving and supportive environment is a loving and supportive environment no matter how it is provided. In essence the only difference between any given gay couple and a matched straight couple would be an inability to produce children, and there are a fair enough number of childless couples out there that that's not really an issue in the long term.

By the same token, those who see gay marriage as a legal gateway to people doing "interesting" things with animals, children, weird fetishes, etc. are mistaken. Most gay people are normal and healthy much the same way as most straight people are normal and healthy, and they'll be about as fond of weird behaviors as you will; in some ways even more quick to stamp it out because of the fragility of their victory. On a practical level, the ACLU and LGBT groups will be far too busy working to fight real civil rights battles than to pander to the loonies on the fringes of their movement, and on a moral level they'll be no more comfortable with those things than you are. In some ways giving them this will take the wind out of the wackos' sails because there is no longer a legitimate minority group for them to cling to.

As to "why marriage?" the answer to that is very clear. Under current law in many places there are significant deficiencies in civil union laws as far as insurance coverage, adoption rights, tax breaks, etc. because the laws are written to serve spouses only under an assumption that the LGBT community either didn't exist or that the world was better off without them. It would theoretically be possible to screw around with civil union law to provide matching benefits, but which is simpler and more likely to pass: a string of crap amending family law, insurance law, estate law, tax codes, etc. to include gays specifically, or simply to grant them equivalent status to straight couples by giving them marriage? On another level, look at it like this: if civil unions were amended to provide all those protections what you get is marriage without the word for it. Having gone that far, what's the point in maintaining two separate names for identical legal contracts other than to single out gays? Better to make it marriage and leave it be.

But there's a huge financial motive for gay couples to get legally married, to enjoy all the tax breaks and credits that come from two people filing jointly as one legal entity. Do you really think that its just about "feeling whole" or "as one" with their partner? They already have that!

tina-fey-0901-01.jpg

megan-fox-2009.jpg

I can honestly say that im not turned on by either of em :)

Archived