MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

3 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

Since grand avenue has two lfsa that will be an artic implementation. Will Grand Avenue depot be a mixed CFM unlike its original plan to be just new flyer? 

Grand also maintains and paints hybrids as well. Technically that is a New Flyer product now, but as I mentioned a while back before they got there XD60’s that everything would rotate through grand for evaluation purposes. Theoretically they can maintain anything. EN is usually tied up with NG’s and OG Brooklyn and Bus company most times. Most of JFK’s NG’s go to EN so if EN is full a bus can be maintained at Grand. Anything major I should likely to go to EN. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, East New York said:

Grand also maintains and paints hybrids as well. Technically that is a New Flyer product now, but as I mentioned a while back before they got there XD60’s that everything would rotate through grand for evaluation purposes. Theoretically they can maintain anything. EN is usually tied up with NG’s and OG Brooklyn and Bus company most times. Most of JFK’s NG’s go to EN so if EN is full a bus can be maintained at Grand. Anything major I should likely to go to EN. 

This leads me to my next question which would be will Grand have permanent mixed fleet that isn’t just new flyer based? So when the 38 and 58 become artic in future will it be able to utilized a mixture? Since grand is closer to the Bronx than a depot like FB in which Zegra is the CFM for their LFSA fleet. 

2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

5351 transferred from Grand Avenue to WF? 

I have no idea who had it before WF. I wasn't checking what the FB Lfsa were up to until last night so i assume it was direct from flatbush, but if it went to grand ave first, then yeah GA-WF.

14 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

I have no idea who had it before WF. I wasn't checking what the FB Lfsa were up to until last night so i assume it was direct from flatbush, but if it went to grand ave first, then yeah GA-WF.

Definitely went to GA. few people mentioned the direct transfer FB-GA. Now GA to WF. 

5337 Is still in house at FB. Somehow it was stripped from SBS service. I’m thinking that could be the possible replacement for GA. Originally, it was heading to Kingsbridge and it got scrapped. 

8 minutes ago, JFK Depot said:

53xx’s to Grand make sense... B38 and Q58 conversion to Artic service 

Totally agree with you. However, those FB LFSA’s could go anywhere at this point  

Oh, your rumor in regards to MJQ to WF is indeed valid. There’s been activity at MJQ that now confirms moves to West Farms with 5270-5301. So far 5270-5279 went to WF. 

18 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Totally agree with you. However, those FB LFSA’s could go anywhere at this point  

Oh, your rumor in regards to MJQ to WF is indeed valid. There’s been activity at MJQ that now confirms moves to West Farms with 5270-5301. So far 5270-5279 went to WF. 

True... they could as I’ve seen a few unwrapped at TU... and 2 wrapped at MCH... but hear me out.. I was speaking with a friend and we were throwing ideas out there and 1 was Gun Hill’s 4700s to GA... in return GH takes 1200s from MCH once there order comes in... Flatbush 5300s still go to the Bronx but they are spread out to who needs them... 

3 hours ago, JFK Depot said:

True... they could as I’ve seen a few unwrapped at TU... and 2 wrapped at MCH... but hear me out.. I was speaking with a friend and we were throwing ideas out there and 1 was Gun Hill’s 4700s to GA... in return GH takes 1200s from MCH once there order comes in... Flatbush 5300s still go to the Bronx but they are spread out to who needs them... 

There were plans long ago to send the 4700s to FB or ENY I believe to convert the B41 or some other route. But it was scrapped. 

I'm surprised at this news. Seems like the MTA is quick enough to junk retiring fleets all at once regardless of shortage.

But no one said in the scrap thread that the last seven RTS there all got sent to ECH for scrap. In fact, I only saw a few hybrid and XD40 moves to ENY yesterday and today, but IDK if it's enough to replace them. 

2 hours ago, Flatbush SBS Duece said:

I heard EN got Zero RTS left?................................

Can't be true as of yet..  Don't get me wrong. Employees provide a great wealth of info.

However, ENY has 7 RTS left. There's no way all of them retired today and no additional XD40's came in yet.

So far: 7779, 7780, 7781 and now 7782 are all in house at ENY.

Looks like the FB count is at 42 RTS left.

1 minute ago, Future ENY OP said:

Can't be true as of yet..  Don't get me wrong. Employees provide a great wealth of info.

However, ENY has 7 RTS left. There's no way all of them retired today and no additional XD40's came in yet.

So far: 7779, 7780, 7781 and now 7782 are all in house at ENY.

Looks like the FB count is at 42 RTS left.

True. But in the same manner we went from 40 D60HF's to 0 is an example of how (MTA) can make quick moves to take a wholesale of buses OOS.

Buses being retired cannot be gone with all 11-20 units at once. It's a one by one process but, this is not saying that the worker is wrong. 

However, ENY is close to zero as well as KB's D60HF's. Just more LFSAs to be sent there, XD60s to FB and XD-40s. 

12 hours ago, Calvin said:

Buses being retired cannot be gone with all 11-20 units at once. It's a one by one process but, this is not saying that the worker is wrong. 

However, ENY is close to zero as well as KB's D60HF's. Just more LFSAs to be sent there, XD60s to FB and XD-40s. 

Who actually determines if a bus is officially for scrap? Is it a maintenance worker?