MTA Bus Operations: Fleet & Depots

East New York

6 hours ago, Lex said:

With any luck, Flatbush will receive some for the B41, while the rest go to GA for the B38 and Q58.

Of course, I'm pretty sure that won't happen without substantial talks of conversion, but the MTA has a tendency to throw curveballs.

There are 90 2012-13 XD60s (4710-4799) in the entire fleet. Are we expecting all 90 of them to be transferred over from their current assignments at Gun Hill and Kingsbridge to various depots in Brooklyn, and that's assuming there will be enough for everyone?

Edited by JeremiahC99

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

There are 90 2012-13 XD60s (4710-4799) in the entire fleet. Are we expecting all 90 of them to be transferred over from their current assignments at Gun Hill and Kingsbridge to various depots in Brooklyn, and that's assuming there will be enough for everyone?

You do realize that only three Brooklyn Division depots are currently capable of handling artics, right?

25 minutes ago, Lex said:

You do realize that only three Brooklyn Division depots are currently capable of handling artics, right?

Flatbush, Grand Avenue, and Gleason can handle artics. However, East NY will also be able to handle artics. Gleason's artic batch is taken care of, so this leave FLatbush and Grand for now. Do you think that Flatbush and Grand Avenue will be the only ones considered for the 47xxs, while EN will have to wait longer beyond when the modifications are complete, since they will need artics for the B82 SBS?

Well for one the depots that do have the 2011-2013 XD60s would need to get the LFSAs in return to make up for the buses if they were all transferred to BK. Right now we have 90 lfsa in other depots such as Quill, FB, and Mother Clara. So I would believe once this new XD60 order is near completion the XD60s from the Bronx should be in bk all together if not all of them. 

54 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Flatbush, Grand Avenue, and Gleason can handle artics. However, East NY will also be able to handle artics. Gleason's artic batch is taken care of, so this leave FLatbush and Grand for now. Do you think that Flatbush and Grand Avenue will be the only ones considered for the 47xxs, while EN will have to wait longer beyond when the modifications are complete, since they will need artics for the B82 SBS?

29 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

Well for one the depots that do have the 2011-2013 XD60s would need to get the LFSAs in return to make up for the buses if they were all transferred to BK. Right now we have 90 lfsa in other depots such as Quill, FB, and Mother Clara. So I would believe once this new XD60 order is near completion the XD60s from the Bronx should be in bk all together if not all of them. 

I don’t mean to play devils advocate. BUT and i mean this in a serious way. IT IS WAY TOO EARLY to decide which Bronx XD60’s will be in Flatbush, Grand Avenue and East New York. 

Unless i’m correct the 41, 46 and 82 have NOT been officially converted into artic ops as of yet. So, I say this in a nice way. THIS IS A WAIT AND SEE PROCESS. Also, I strongly suggest that you ask @East New York or @The Real or even @Cait Sith any rumblings about the most recent news. Fleet changes EVERYDAY. Who knows tomorrow the (MTA) may decide that LFSAs may stay in Brooklyn just a bit longer. (Just throwing this as example when we are too quick not to ask the right questions)  However, we know about the LFSA fiasco. 

42 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if FLA rather than Quill ends up getting those XE60s considering that article about certain BK neighborhoods having "dirty" buses.

Low key Quill been getting everything as of late. I agree with you if FLA does get some rolling stock of these buses first than Quill.  I believe the trial period calls for 15 buses. But again we wait and see. I also believe that the XE60 is supposed to be traveling citywide. 

6 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Low key Quill been getting everything as of late. I agree with you if FLA does get some rolling stock of these buses first than Quill.  I believe the trial period calls for 15 buses. But again we wait and see. I also believe that the XE60 is supposed to be traveling citywide. 

2 buses are traveling citywide. 

6 hours ago, R179 8258 said:

Isn’t ENY almost Artic ready as well 

Not until next year.

6 hours ago, Lex said:

Correct. EN will eventually come into the fold as well with the B15 and B82+. The 4700’s have been slated for Brooklyn for quite some time now. This again is in accordance to fleet uniformity. There’s no reason Grand should gets LFSA’s since we are supposed to be sticking to the current plan.

6 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Why do they have to wait? ENY already has an allotment that’s been planned for quite sometime. EN was the first planned depot ever for the 4700’s in Brooklyn after leaving the Bronx.

41 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if FLA rather than Quill ends up getting those XE60s considering that article about certain BK neighborhoods having "dirty" buses.

Thats not going to happen unless the contract is modified. The infrastructure is at Quill and we aren’t getting any addition in-route chargers until the leased ones are returned. At that point they could theoretically go anywhere as long as MTA orders some for another location. 

2 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Trial period? Not sure what you are talking about. These are production buses that are going to Quill. 1 or 2 of them will travel throughout all 5 boroughs completing cycle and route testing. Every depot with an artic or pending artic ops will get a visit. 

3 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

6234 delivered to JFK facility in local wraps 

(Don't say anything yet it may be given the SBS scheme later on)

It may and likely will remain in local scheme. Not all of these are for SBS.

3 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Is 7690 delivered or still at New Flyer? Just wondering. 

Still at NFI

24 minutes ago, JFK Depot said:

Funny part is when I was saying the 4700s to Bklyn a while ago every was shooting that idea down... now look lol 

Same here. I said the XD60s Quill has will go to FB and people were like “that doesn’t make any sense!” And now look.  

I feel like one thing is said here, one person recites it, someone bash what was said, and eventually what was said ends up happening.